When starts the English version

DeletedUser

Im taking it this guy is a lacky for inno
Im a mod on another Game if that is what you are trying to infer.

I'm sure that if they feel the need, they can easilly put a notice on the gold-buying page.

It's not about resetting gold - it's about informing your customers about the product they are potentially buying in the most efficient and professional way possible.

The way to do that is NOT the way it has been done.

It's incompetent at best, morally questionable and dishonest at worst.

Where?

And anyway.

This is unacceptable and in fact being very very very stupid.

ok, so the game was advertised as being a resettable server ON OTHER GAMES?????

All it would have taken is a single in-game mail IN THIS GAME - i notice the devs are fast enough to send us one when they want our votes.

These double standards and failure to develop a game properly are quite frankly astounding to me.

I will place a bet on any odds you care to name that 60% of the players currently playing on this world have no idea that this is a constantly - resetting server. I have grown tired of explaining it to randoms. It is not a bet i would lose.

In fact - most of the members of this very discussion board did not even know about it until i posted about it.

So the new one opens tomorrow?

Where is the announcement ON THESE BOARDS about it?

Mods and game devs.

Sort it out.

You are aiming for a higher end of the market and must improve greatly from what has been achieved so far to enjoy success in this market.

Sigh, how many times, this is NOT a constantly resetting server.

It will be a long time before i see any need to reset, the updates do not require the server to be reset, and the only reason will be to try a very new feature/big change.

Dear Players,

we would like to invite you to test our new game Grepolis.

You can join the test world here: http://www.beta.grepolis.net.

Please consider, this world is a test world only. It means it can be reset all the time and this world will stay as a test world.
There is also a limit of 5000 players.

Have fun,

Dominika Borgosz
InnoGames GmbH

This is said on The West Forums and Tribalwars.

I would like to remind players that this is a permanent beta server. It is going to be reset from time to time. Having said that we have no reset planned for the near future. Gold will not be reset as they will remain with the master account.

This server is different from the international english world and will not become the international english version.

Here very new and test versions of the game will be used so expect a different and dynamic environment from the offical world. These updates will happen mostly on Thursdays

There is the Announcement.

Hence the fact it The server is a BETA server, resets are commonplace.
and i know for a fact that at least 80% in this game come from Tribalwars/The West using the announcements, which do say about resetting, if players do not read or research in which they are buying things for, to be fair its not Innogames fault when they have clearly advertised it time and time again.

DeletedUser

Sigh, how many times, this is NOT a constantly resetting server.
(sizing immature?)

Really?

It is going to be reset from time to time.

How else would you interpret that?

It will be a long time before i see any need to reset, the updates do not require the server to be reset, and the only reason will be to try a very new feature/big change.

Hang on.... a long time before YOU see the need to reset...? Yours is the finger on the button then...?

Hence the fact it The server is a BETA server, resets are commonplace.
and i know for a fact that at least 80% in this game come from Tribalwars/The West using the announcements, which do say about resetting, if players do not read or research in which they are buying things for, to be fair its not Innogames fault when they have clearly advertised it time and time again.

...clearly advertised time and time again...

nice turn of phrase, but hardly accurate, is it?

Three posts in three forums when forum membership is typically around 30% of players?

It just doesn't account for human nature. Trust me, people are thick. Mail everyone on the three islands around you and see how many know anything at all about it. Most won't.

And what about telling us about the new server opening?

I found it through facebook :p

DeletedUser

This is said on The West Forums and Tribalwars.

So what your saying

Here is an example so you can comprehend

Someone Owns a McDonalds and a Burger king. They run a special at mcdonalds but they dont advertise it there. They advertise it at burger king. What do you see is wrong with this picture. This is exactly what happened here. I didn't see anything about a perm beta till the day the game was reset. You know who you remind me of?

DRUM ROLLLLLLLL

PAJUNO from w30

DeletedUser

Tribalwars.net posted it on the 6th of January as shown here an the same with TheWest.net.

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=185835

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=31344

Then after much confusion about this our community manger posted it here on the 11th of January.

http://forum.beta.grepolis.net/showthread.php?t=152

Even though the beta version opened up around 12/28/2009 give or take a few days? I think I researched it about as far as I could go besides maybe other advertisements that might be else where. (As Cheesy mentioned facebook)

Not gonna lie they were a little late telling everyone a few things, but I guess what it sums up to is human error? Somehow obviously word got out before then, rumors of the game I'm guessing.

People that were eager to join up did so before anything was put out in concrete an now are paying the price in there weight in gold. :D. (Not only that but It's the perks of being a lab rat :p They always get screwed)

My personal opinion is if were going to be the lab rats for something, we should at least get some free premium to test out all the features since after all this server is limited to 5000 willing game testers to help enhance the gaming experience for the actual game?(Not to mention being reset from time to time:eek:) lol

its not Innogames fault when they have clearly advertised it time and time again.

From my research that I just did would prove you wrong.. They were a little late getting this information out that some people are talking about. Unless you can show my research to be wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Even though the beta version opened up around 12/28/2009 give or take a few days? I think I researched it about as far as I could go besides maybe other advertisements that might be else where. (As Cheesy mentioned facebook)

Not gonna lie they were a little late telling everyone a few things, but I guess what it sums up to is human error? Somehow obviously word got out before then, rumors of the game I'm guessing.

People that were eager to join up did so before anything was put out in concrete an now are paying the price in there weight in gold. :D. (Not only that but It's the perks of being a lab rat :p They always get screwed)

My personal opinion is if were going to be the lab rats for something, we should at least get some free premium to test out all the features since after all this server is limited to 5000 willing game testers to help enhance the gaming experience for the actual game?(Not to mention being reset from time to time:eek:) lol
This server was always intended as a beta, and before the 6 January reset was not advertised at all, as it was not intended to be a public beta until after that reset.

On January 6 it was reset, and advertised on Trialwars.net and The-West.net forums for the first time, with the information that it is a beta server.

Just like beta.the-west.net innogames reserve the right to reset, but I also imagine that such resets would be very rare, as most new things they would wish to implement and test could probably be tested more easily in a developed world than a world without temples, mythical or naval units.

Anybody who claims to have signed up in ignorance of this being a beta version should probably be a little more careful with what they sign up for on the internet. How you could even navigate your way here without ever reading the url for example is a mystery.

DeletedUser

not intended to be a public beta until after that reset.

Ah but it was available to the public before then although maybe it shouldn't been? Since "It was never intended for that". Who are you going to lay the blame on for that one? (Sounds more like and inno oops)

I know what beta means I played beta tw, but at least from what I remember inno games was much more informative about things there.

An I read the URL no need to insult me on that one.

I just believe that things could have been handle in a more professional manor.

DeletedUser

All of this is a lovely debate but whats done is done and this thread isn't even about the OP's original intent or question anymore. So now that everybody knows its Beta and subject to resets and that the gold you buy stays with your Master Account no matter which Grepolis server you end up playing on and that Inno could have done a better job making all of these things clearer from the start and that the players could have done a better job researching, etc etc etc lets just move on.

DeletedUser

Sorry you are correct. To be on topic then the English version starts today 8-)

DeletedUser

...and that the gold you buy stays with your Master Account no matter which Grepolis server you end up playing on...

In fact, no.

If you want the gold to be transferred then you have to put in a support ticket to get it manually done.

Details here:

http://forum.beta.grepolis.net/showthread.php?t=187

good advertising?

We only have 4 days and with the server offline (for some) then that is reduced to three...

Please note: This is NOT about the gold for me. This is about the correct handling of information.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I really think Inno should send out a mass ingame mail about the gold situation as not everybody reads the forums. Especially since there were so many problems getting signed up with a confirmation email for the forum.

DeletedUser

I really think Inno should send out a mass ingame mail about the gold situation as not everybody reads the forums. Especially since there were so many problems getting signed up with a confirmation email for the forum.

I did put that suggestion in the ideas section

In all honesty I think all major announcements should be mailed out to players in game.

DeletedUser

ooh look, if I pay real money for imaginary ingame gold I can get 30% more resources and cut building times in half............weeee I will pown the world.

oh dear, at some possible time in the future it is a possibility that the server may or may not possibly be reset, maybe........aaaaaaah calamity I`ve been robbed.

I just think people who pay real money for anything on the internet should check properly first to see what they are getting.

If they don`t then they deserve what they get.

moral - check the fine print before you sign