Update process changes on Beta - Realease Notes?

It's only for us To understanding. The Version Number is already 2.120 but there are no relevant news for testing, Right ?

Sorry, for the Mistakes. XenForo is very difficulty To write via Handy in another Language

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
It's only for us To understanding. The Version Number is already 2.120 but there are no relevant news for testing, Right ?

Sorry, for the Mistakes. XenForo is very difficulty To write via Handy in another Language

Exactly, you are already playing on 2.120.
Just open your ingame settings and check the bottom-left corner of the window, you'll find the actual client version you're playing on.

xFvkVIZ.png

Welcome @* Arci *!

Well, maybe you should start by completing the changelog for 2.119 first, before talking about 2.120.

And no, we have not received any relevant information for 2.119 since last Tuesday - but there must have been "relevant" changes after that since the new bugs (quest log, wrong icons in spell reports) first occurred later last week. And so far we received no information at all for 2.120.

Most of the players still testing on Beta are deeply confused by the new deployment system, and I cannot see any benefit deriving from this chaos.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
This market has no CM for a couple of weeks, so you can understand we had a few comunication delays.

Just give us a few weeks to find the right rhythm and everything will go smoother.

Under the old deployment system we had approximately one and a half week for testing a new version before it was released on the live worlds. Now we have no time at all for testing a completed update since immediately after the contents of version 2.119 were complete (last Friday), the first "daily updates" for 2.120 were mixed into the indigestible stew.

Poor communication is an issue that can be fixed (hopefully!^^) - but the other weaknesses of the new system are obvious enough.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Why do you think that you won't have enough time for testing?

Instead of waiting a whole week before publishing the full changelog, with the new deployment we let you test new features as soon as they are implemented, this means you have ways more time.

And you have never experienced that there are correlations between new features, changes, events and even bug fixes? A version that worked quite fine can show major issues after minor changes. Quite often we even noticed new issues when the versions were updated for the last time on Mondays/Tuesdays before their live release on Wednesday.

In my opinion and according to my experience (in the game and in my job) it is important and necessary to set a "design freeze" date and to test the patch in the actual state, as it will be released to the customer (i.e. to the live worlds). Since now the version on Beta is (or can be) subject to daily changes, you can never test excactly the software status that will be released to the live worlds - there will always be something still missing, or something else already addded.

You don´t need Beta testers for the testing of single new features - there are other ways to make sure that they work. You need Beta testers to find the hidden bugs and correlations you can only detect while playing - and only while playing with all the new contents and changes and fixes already in place.

Last edited:

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
The only big change for players now is that you can test new stuff as son as they're done instead of waiting the full changelog.

Honestly I think you're looking for problems that doesn't exist, just because you had a bad experience with some previous CMs.

I have been discussing the new deployment system on Beta, not our experiences "with some previous CMs". You might not share my opinion, but there is no need to imply that I am hunting for non-existing problems.