Update 2.74 Feedback thread

DeletedUser

If there is anything you would like to ask, or talk about 2.74 update, please go ahead :)

Yesterday another game and game balance destroying feature was announced in most local forums: "Instant buy"

sqsqluyr92.jpg

The announcement said that the "feature" would be implemented on beta worlds on November 4, 2014 - i.e. with update 2.74; but I can find no trace of it in your announcement concerning 2.74. I really would appreciate if this "feature" found its way into a waste basket (with a securely closing lid) in Hamburg, but since there have been live market announcements telling us otherwise that hope might be illusive. Will "Instant Buy" be implemented on Beta next Tuesday or not?

DeletedUser

Will "Instant Buy" be implemented on Beta next Tuesday or not?
I hope not, if I buy something I'm going to the store.
Did not know that it is this company so bad..at all events this year..

smiley_emoticons_seb_hut5.gif

Geisti

DeletedUser

Thank you for pointing out the typo's :) I have corrected them.

Yesterday another game and game balance destroying feature was announced in most local forums: "Instant buy"

sqsqluyr92.jpg

The announcement said that the "feature" would be implemented on beta worlds on November 4, 2014 - i.e. with update 2.74; but I can find no trace of it in your announcement concerning 2.74. I really would appreciate if this "feature" found its way into a waste basket (with a securely closing lid) in Hamburg, but since there have been live market announcements telling us otherwise that hope might be illusive. Will "Instant Buy" be implemented on Beta next Tuesday or not?

Yes, the feature will be here on Beta.

What about the period of the days in Tyches Wheel. It run for 12 days, don't it?
Have I calculate 1 day with 12 hours? Or is the test only for 12 days intended?

DeletedUser

What about the period of the days in Tyches Wheel. It run for 12 days, don't it?
Have I calculate 1 day with 12 hours? Or is the test only for 12 days intended?

We have the event scheduled for 12 days at the moment. We will keep you informed if anything changes.

HBB-1

Medusa
Instant buy, real expensive ,pffff
I understand we have to pay bit gold, but this is excessive

what happend with half the building time for 25 gold ?

k2ImjIn.png

We have the event scheduled for 12 days at the moment. We will keep you informed if anything changes.

Last year we also had only 12 days for testing on Beta, but the event was running with doubled speed, and 2 event days were simulated per calendar day (with new "days" starting at 0:00h and 12:00h), thus allowing the Beta players to complete the event as well. Why do we have different settings this time?

By the way, as it seems new event days will start at noon instead at midnight (see bugtracker).

DeletedUser

I agree with Draba, this new gold format for builds is ridiculous nor user friendly. The only benefit here is for the developers/owner of the site and should be placed into the waste basket. Let's get back to a more users friendly interface with respect to builds. Folks, I played Tribal Wars for years under the name "Leadgator45" for which I had an account over 4m pts that I quit because the cleverness of the developers to "milk" that gaming format out. I'll do the same here if this nonsense continues. It's cheaper to play morph games, which have 3d graphics, then it will be to play this site. Shameful.

DeletedUser

As there is no detailed information on how the event is supposed to work, testing this event concerning the pure mechanics is near to impossible.

For instance, is it intentional, that the Gold Buttons don’t reset at the end of the “day”? Or is this just part of the mixup with the shortened days on the beta?

As for the event itself – as I have said before: I think it’s great that you want our feedback. But aren’t you leaving it far too late for our input? Inno has already spent time and money on the implementation… are we really to believe that you’d consider major changes due to our feedback?

That said, I’ll kick off my feedback with a positive:
I really like the images around the event, especially the Advisors in their holiday gear!

But, there are several things that really bug me, some more than others as I’m a new player with only 1 small polis.

1) There are too many troops – I’m having to build up the farm instead of being able to follow what I could consider a good way to build up my polis. I can’t even concentrate on following the tutorial. Not, if I don’t want to waste the prizes from this event.

2) The Zeus ritual – in the beginning I like to have Hera as my patron goddess. So this ritual takes up space in my inventory. And then on day 2 the same ritual is there again! To unblock that day I briefly changed to Zeus, waited for what seemed like half an eternity, and zapped me a chariot and got 1 Divine Envoy before changing back to Hera. So I at least tested if the ritual works as described.. wait – I have no information on that apart for what the ritual itself says.. so, not a real test, but at least not a complete waste.

3) And as far as I can see at the moment, it’s mostly offensive troops – not surprising as Grepolis is supposed to be a war game – but considering that Advent/Christmas/the Holiday Season is more about peace and love perhaps somewhat inconsiderate.

4) While I’m on the subject of being inconsiderate – as much as I personally love Christmas, it seems to me that Grepolis events tend to be tied to Christian holidays or have no other reason than Inno thinks it’s time for an event, with perhaps the exception of Halloween. The concept of an Advent calendar is something I’ve only come across in Germany & Austria – and it ends the day before Christmas! Sort of weird for a “Christmas event”, if you ask me – I’ve lived in Germany long enough and have got used to the fact that Christmas is celebrated in the weeks beforehand, but it’s probably weird to other people for instance from Britain or America.
And then there are other religions that have celebrations – some even in the time of year known as “the Holiday Season”… I find myself asking myself, if Inno has even heard of political correctness.

Perhaps you could reconsider what prizes would be appreciated on new / middle / old worlds and adapt the event to individual worlds.

And perhaps the concept of political correctness could be considered in future.

DeletedUser

Thank you very much for the feedback! I hope more inputs will appear here.

Regarding to the gold for testing purposes, we should receive now an additional 1000 gold each week for a month :)

MARDOCK 360

Divine Envoy
i think it is good, but the only problem is on the app when i go to commands i can't see if i or someone else that i have put in revolt i can't see it i must go to movements ( yes i have administrator active)

DeletedUser

too expensive

Instant buy, real expensive ,pffff
I understand we have to pay bit gold, but this is excessive

what happend with half the building time for 25 gold ?

k2ImjIn.png

Am agree, it´s too expensive that Instant Buy, you can cut the time of only 2 buildings with 1000 of gold, but what happen with all those players that buy little amount of gold each time? they won´t use this feature, for sure ;)

DeletedUser

i think it is good, but the only problem is on the app when i go to commands i can't see if i or someone else that i have put in revolt i can't see it i must go to movements ( yes i have administrator active)

this is the other big problem i think...i have IOS 8.1 with grepolis version 2.73.0 but even in this version i can read or post a report...the cellphone only is useful to defend or attack because you can´t read any report in the forum from the alliance or PM...and like i wrothe, you can´t post any report neither...we cant lose such feature of the game, is extremely significant.
and for the end, in the latest version of grepolis for smartphone (2.73.0), -when you are building an expansion of any building you want- i select the upgrade, and then it back to the main city overview, and i must enter "again" in the senate and choose another upgrade (the same for the demolition system)...it´s a little bored that, having in count that the connection must refresh every time you select something in the game...that is it
thanks ;)

Scoot ER

Cyclop
The ONLY redeeming quality that has been implemented is the ability to instantly finish a building in the final five (5) minutes for free. If you wanted to do something really awesome, just expand our inventory from 10 items to 20 or 25. They can cost more, like 75 or 100 Gold, and they will be opened. I would gladly pay 1100 Gold to gain 15 more inventory slots.

I know my idea and topic is not on subject to the current issue of the new changes to the game. I want to make my point that a small change can make a large amount of players happy, and make InnoGame a good amount of money. Also this type of change does not require a lot of manpower, and development time to implement. So, the change can be cost effective for InnoGames as well, and make people happy.

As an overall review of the new changes, I am not in favor of them. As I mentioned earlier, I do like the instant finish for a building in the last five (5) minutes. I do agree that the instant buy prices are way too high to be an option to use. Those few with money to burn, (and have no real lives), will love this option. This can have an adverse affect of making the semi-Gold users into non-Gold users. Those players that spent Gold on the 50% reduction time do not have that option now. If I were InnoGames, I would NEVER take away the option for a player to spend Gold (since Gold = real $$€€) in the game. The more options players are given to use Gold, the more often they might use it. Can anyone tell me what is the difference between a player that uses/spends 10 Gold a dozen times; and a player that uses/spends 120 Gold once? ?????????? That's RIGHT!!!! NOTHING!!!!!!! 120 Gold = 120 Gold = REAL $$$€€€€!!!!

Alright I have gone on long enough about this; I am going to let someone else have a crick at this.

DeletedUser

If there is anything you would like to ask, or talk about 2.74 update, please go ahead :)

I have tried out the new gold / instant build feature on Beta. If this is implemented my gold spend would be cut to almost nothing. I do not want instant build. I want to increment the time, so I can maintain full queues and be able to come back and refill the queue as resources are gained, etc. This new feature does not improve game play to me. Though, if it was used, I could see where it could increase revenue for you. But, again, I will not use it. And, speaking to other heavy coiners I know, they are of the same impression.

I am also appalled at the pricing. In no way, shape, or form would this be considered a cost savings.

This is just my opinion, but I see this feature as a MAJOR deterrent to heavy gold users and unlikely to attract new spenders. I hope you abandon this concept. If you move forward with it, and introduce it to live, you can count on losing my ~$1,500 USD a month.