The new UI feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

that the display of troop movements now want to split, I find ok. but I also think that the troops return home from a quest, have nothing to look for in the incoming movements (attacksymbol).

that the display of troop movements now want to split, I find ok. but I also think that the troops return home from a quest, have nothing to look for in the incoming movements (attacksymbol).

This change has nothing to do with the new UI - it´s just another unnecessary and not logical change in the game, and not even listed in the changelog. We had too many of those in the last few months.

We had an attack indicator, showing crossed swords turning red with an incoming attack, the number right beside it showing the number of incoming attacks.

And we had a symbol for all kind of troop movements, the number right beside it showing the number of troop movements of every kind.

And now, without prior notice, all incoming troop movements are shown and counted under the attack icon, and all outgoing troop movements under the troop movement icon. Fine, you could say, they just wanted us to distinguish more properly and easily between incomings and outgoings, they just wanted to do us a favour. But the hell they did.

Why? Well, because now - e.g. with 1 incoming attack and 51 incoming support - the number right beside the blinking attack symbol will now show 52 incomings, and you won´t be able to distinguish between incoming attacks and incoming support before opening the command overview, and the command overview is a premium feature, as we all know. Those not using gold will have a hell of a time with this new "feature", and the rest of us will be swearing as well.

One of the worst and crudest changes in Grepolis I have ever seen. And I have seen some...

Last edited:

Slietie

Hydra
Why? Well, because now - e.g. with 1 incoming attack and 51 incoming support - the number right beside the blinking attack symbol will now show 52 incomings, and you won´t be able to distinguish between incoming attacks and incoming support before opening the command overview, and the command overview is a premium feature, as we all know. Those not using gold will have a hell of a time with this new "feature", and the rest of us will be swearing as well.

One of the worst and crudest changes in Grepolis I have ever seen. And I have seen some...

I consider this as a bug as I totally agree with you. Even if I remember correctly it was you who reported this in a bugtracker and I have confirmed it.

I was wondering who else has a problem with too slow actions. Especially I can see it when changing an active city :(

...... have nothing to look for in the incoming movements (attacksymbol).
I think that this bug was already changed.

After the Weekend, on Monday Developer and Beta-Support-Team have spent a lot of time to deliver much better quality as before. Now it works much more fluently than on weekend.
Thanks a lot therefore. It brings fun again, and nobody have to put his computer out of the window, because of bad performance.

I think, the new Interface is o.k. It's not better or more worse than the old one, from last year. I don't find more possibilities, there isn't new funktions, are there? Perhaps one day will come new funktions for the heroes, but up to now, nothing! Unfortunatly, for a 22 Inch Monitor the font size to small, but for Monitor from a Laptop or a Tablet, it's wonderful and better, than before.

Abigaill

Centaur
I won't be saying anything else that hasn't been already complained about, but the text is too small on the top bar, and next to nothing updates on it's own without refreshing the screen ...

DeletedUser

The new UI is to small ! I like it but it should be bigger.
The new mini map its also to small, the current one is better. I don't like that there is 2 button to switch between strategic map and island view.

DeletedUser

Well, i think this new interface is a lot better than the "actual" or "official" one; i think that this UI is someway more organized and clean.

In fact, i think that the return of the game menus to the sides again (like was in the past) was a smart move because i think is better that the actual bar menu down center.

The gold quantity visualization directly on the menu is a good improvement as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The new interface is perfect for small screens but it does not fit at all to the big screens. For a display granda it is impossible to display the number of good resources and other info.

DeletedUser

Thank you all for your great feedback. Here is a quick overview of what we plan to do before to release the new User Interface:

- Town list: the town list will have again 3 columns instead of 2;
- Sync issues: we will try to fix as many of these issues as we can to make sure you never have to refresh the page in order to get accurate data;
- Attack notification: we will put back the old behavior;
- Game loading time: we will try reduce as much as we can the game loading time for big accounts;
- Town switching: we will try to make it faster than it is;
- 'Next' and 'Previous' town buttons: we will make them bigger;
- Resource counters: we will increase their size;
- Units in the town (right menu): we will put back the ability to display all units (even the ones you don't currently have in your town).

Those changes will be squeezed in 2.47 and hopefully up for testing in a week. Once again, thanks a lot for all your valuable comments!

I have a question:
A Quest have already attacked me. And I was distracted and have forgotten to switch on the Miliz.
A few seconds before arriving, I remember on it and search the relevant City.

But, in all Cities a red one, which means, you can't see, if you are in a hurry and as a non PA-User, which City will be actually attacked.
Have a look:
View attachment 108
View attachment 109
View attachment 110

A question, but I have no answer. Is there anybody who can help?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I think you would like that in the attacked city the number of troop movement is also red, as is currently already. because the swords were always in all the cities red only shows how much attacks received.

I think you would like that in the attacked city the number of troop movement is also red, as is currently already. because the swords were always in all the cities red only shows how much attacks received.

I would like to see, a significant difference between the attacked City, and all other Cities. But we discussed it also at the same time in the German Forum, and the Guys there have been promised: Everything looks like and work as before in the old UI -
And I feel free to test - with my three cities - the new update in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.