The new UI feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser2278

Hello!
First I like to say that I think that the new interface is really nice! The graphics are awesome (!) so good work guys! You did a great job!

Now the "bad" part... ;) Some suggestions and observations of mine:
The "Jump to these coordinates button" and "Save location button" are too big - you don't need them that often and they are more distraction that way than useful. Also the "Jump to these coordinates button" is on the same place as the "Jump to current city button" in the old interface (like bottom right from the map) - that is really distracting when you first use the new interface. So to be clear these two buttons should be smaller and rectangular maybe.
The "color assignments button" seems misplaced - the position in the minimap looks weird.
The minimap is really small now and its a bit pointless to use it to gain an overview of an island because you can't fit a whole island in that window. The number for the sea even makes it more difficult and hides part of the view.
As somebody already said - the numbers and symbols for the ressources are kind of small. The population symbol is ridiculously tiny :D
There are scrollbars in empty lists like in the lists for recruiting/movement/trade and also in the premiumbar (if you use submenus)
The premium toolbar button still opens the list with the old list style. Same for all the information popups like if you hover over the ressources or buttons around the map.

The button for closing all windows appears now in the top right corner of the interface which I don't like that much. I think the old position was better.

I would therefore suggest a small change of the buttons around the minimap. I would try to fit the buttons for color "assignment", "save location" and "jump to these coordinates" in one line together with the box of the coordinates (make them rectangular and they will fit) under the minimap. Then I would reposition the number of the sea in the top part of the minimap instead of the left part.

Greetings
Quack

I heartily agree with Quack on this with the following additional comment;

The Barracks and Harbour need to be re-instated on the Quick Bar, maybe use 4 menu items either side so the new layout would look something like Senate, Barracks, Harbour & Academy on the left and Market Place, Agora, Cave & Temple on the right.

Though I do not have "scroll bars" in the places he mentioned, then I do have the screen set rather larger than the default.

Thanks for a great visual improvement

HullMeister

The buttons for quick access to barracks and harbour have been shifted from the top to the right-hand side, they are now placed directly under the respective troops in the unit overview:

oeefpisp11.jpg

DeletedUser2278

I saw that, it is useful there but this can get covered with a window, would like it to be on the top bar, without having to edit the bar if that is possible, if not we'll survive, like we always do :)

I saw that, it is useful there but this can get covered with a window, would like it to be on the top bar, without having to edit the bar if that is possible, if not we'll survive, like we always do :)

It's possible, to do it by your own: You can change it, by pressing the sign on the left side, and change it to:
Barracks: javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('barracks')
and Habour: javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('docks')

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Everything is too small.
The resources bar especially... Needs to be much bigger.

DeletedUser

Is it really neccessary to push F5 after every single action to refresh the site to get an actual status?

DeletedUser2272

These values are too expensive.

And the size of the number of the resources are too little, sometimes I can't see the amount of my resources.

DeletedUser

Hi !

This is a nice interface, with a little gold button : that's good !
I've just one question : when you changed the interface the first time ( look under this line ), you said you made it to win place on the left of the page. And now, you put the buttons on the left of the page ! Also OK, it's a beautiful interface, but...it's not very logical.

Sorry, I'm french, that's why my english is not very good :huh:

DeletedUser

the look of the new interface I like very much, if now all the errors are fixed, I'm happy. I would hope with the QuickBar still held the temple, a tab for the city wall.

Botvid

Divine Envoy
I like the new interface - the only thing is that I would skip "Market Place" and "Agora" at the next to top bracket and replace them with "Barracks" and " Harbor". THis is from my point of view - I simply visit them more often.
Nice development!
/Botvid

DeletedUser2749

I like the new interface - the only thing is that I would skip "Market Place" and "Agora" at the next to top bracket and replace them with "Barracks" and " Harbor". THis is from my point of view - I simply visit them more often.
Nice development!
/Botvid

resources too small impossible to read at times
make logout button more visible

DeletedUser

Translations ??

When you are ready translations? 'm Nationality Brazilian (Brazil) and have difficulties .. primarily to help them with the improvements.

DeletedUser

The new interface is good ... much more intuitive and easy to use, but the wood-rock-silver indicators are too little.

DeletedUser

I like the new look but as others have said resources are too tiny for my old eyes to clearly see. Plus i cannot figure how to change back to troop and navy view once i am in the spell section without refreshing the game.

I like the new look but as others have said resources are too tiny for my old eyes to clearly see. Plus i cannot figure how to change back to troop and navy view once i am in the spell section without refreshing the game.

You can switch back to the unit overview by clicking on the spell button once again.

DeletedUser2428

Awesome

Hello grepolis team,
The changes those were made are awesome. Most probably i like it. Great job. Thanks

With regard,
~KSV.:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.