**Suggestions** - New Farming System

DeletedUser

i like the farming

To be fair, I am interested to see how it plays out after some time. In V1 I stopped farming once I started using the administrator (when I hit about 10 polises). It is just too much hassle, easier to just trade between polises. I am the type of player that would strengthen to 100% before farming however, so the V2 system does seem less tedious to me.

That being said... I think the most rewarding games are those that have goals which are not impossible to reach, but impossible to reach all the time.

Otherwise you have everyone performing at the same high level, and the game becomes checkers instead of chess.

Changing the farms as some suggest - to do away with demanding etc, moves towards removal of emphasis on the sim aspect of the game altogether, which is the appeal for some players.

The timers on buildings and troops put a effective cap on the advantage gained by OCD farming, and the extra resources are being spent building up the farms (if they have any sense about them), which serves everyone's best interests.

I like that the resources are available as soon as you farm, and that it does not require troops. They can be off farming idle players while I'm also working the farms. For me the trade-off between instant gratification and the ability to "maximize" your resource gathering is a fair one.

At time of writing I think it provides a good balance and any disadvantages felt by somewhat passive players (like me) can be overcome with some strategy and diplomacy. I am not farming obsessively (I demand or loot based on when I think I'll make it back to the screen - generally I spend a minute or two every couple of hrs or so) and while I am not a leader on my island I'm not so far behind that I think it will be impossible to survive.

We'll see what happens when everyone learns conquest. :huh:

DeletedUser

I like one click farming by far and away better than the old method. It is far less tedious, and anything that cuts out some tedious requirement for me to just sit and click repeatedly in order to accomplish something is great as far as I am concerned. The old farming system was ridiculously tedious, and the new one is working on keeping a time limited resources boost with less clicks - win win as far as I am concerned.

I agree the once every 5 minutes was too often and seemed overbalanced. I never chose the 5 minute option regardless, as I am seldom going to be checking that screen again with that sort of frequency. The 10 minute option up now seems more reasonable time wise. Aside from the amount of resource accumulation seeming off, to me the times required should just be decent lots of time that you can use wisely - the ten hour one is nice and works well to use right before I finish for the evening.

Whether the delivery comes immediately (as it does now) or at the end of the time - that is six of one and half dozen of another. You can adjust your play either way easily. I like immediate reward for tapping the button personally and the wait simply what I must endure to get my reward again.

I tend to agree that I seldom ever used diplomacy as the ability to loot just that much more really never interested me save once in a very great while or at the beginning. The idea of it improving the rate of mood change would appeal to far more.

I don't really mind having to use troops to take over the villages. It is interesting. You can use whatever you want, you will just lose more if use the 'wrong' ones, so big deal, research what you like and bash away. Personally as far as initially being exposed to the game, I would find it to provide some further depth and something to do and be exposed to as a new player. Rather than just sitting there with your building Q full and waiting for slow initial troops to plod back and forth with resources to build buildings. There is something else to ponder in the great 'what to build first, next, last' debate. Also usually a good thing.

Now you have a mini tutorial if they choose to pay attention on what to hit with what, because gracious knows the noobs could use it as they never read the tool tips. I could really care less if some of them die and have to be replaced. In the end it doesn't matter. In the beginning you have provided some more depth to think on rather than just click and gather, click and build. Also providing an introduction to attacking but aiming it at the NPC's, so allows for quicker grasp of the interest of attacking for the new player without the threat of being beaten down for trying it out on their new neighbor right away.

I love the alternate use of demand versus loot. It is a nice addition. You can juggle the two to get maximum production, and continue to get resources via demand only once you have driven the mood low. Again, I think in absence of the "strengthen" attack of the old system, I agree with Gad, might be more interesting to have diplomacy increase rate of mood return - that is useful all along in game play for resource gather AND trading.

I personally like that everyone can contribute to the village level improvement. My argument for that is : so what if you up the village and someone else never does, if they are that lame they are going to sit around and fall behind anyway. If you have to up them all yourself because it was purely player dependent then...gee what pain. Thus far I have adored seeing the level go up with every one else's contribution PLUS mine. If someone is not contributing, then the likelihood they are advancing above me by leaps and bounds through the use of their hoarded resources is really rather slim - much more likely they are just hardly playing than sitting on top of their resources waiting for the increase in production to appear at someone else's leisure. You can up them just fine at this point with extra overage that naturally accumulates from usage.

Bolodo said-
which villages do I loot heavily, as it impares the other players using them and and my ability to trade
I am not finding that at all. As near as I can tell my looting only affects my personal mood. I have seen absolutely no sign of anyone else on my island looting and affecting my captured villages' mood at all. Thus it changes nothing in your decision as to which villages to loot heavily and only affects trade as it always did.

Short version - I like it alot so far. I have found it possible thus far to be a moderately attentive player and stay within reasonable closeness in level to those whom appear to have absolutely nothing else to do with their day.

DeletedUser

i think the lowest loot time should be 10 minutes at the beginning you don't have anything else to do and later you can upgrade it with the research to safe time, with 10+ towns i think most will only loot or demand 1-3 times a day per island were the research to double the amount really helps and when resources are needed even an player with less time will be able to use 16 clicks all 20 min for some hours

DeletedUser

Farming villages

I was wondering if I could change the farming progress bar sprite to it's original, I don't like the new sprite very much...

DeletedUser

I don't like the new one aswell, the previous lay-out of the icon was much better.

I also have 2 farmvillages at the same spot, i can't click on 1 of them :(

DeletedUser

still observing

I agree that the old progress bar is more simple and nice. but hey this is beta server, it is a good thing that creative folks behind this game still have a new stuff to offer, we shouldn't reject it a moment its appear. lets wait a day or two or a whole month to see do we able to get use to, we might eventually like it. after that and if it still become sore in the eye, lets revolt.:)
btw I like how resource icon appear.

DeletedUser

I dont understand the reasons of the green red yellow areas. Is there danger?

No the old loadingbar was easier to interpret.

DeletedUser

I like the new system. It frees up my troops to loot my neighbors. I plan to hit the farms at certain times and I alternate between 'demands' and 'looting'.

What I don't like is the hangover from the original where half or more of the farms only trade the item you have least of. IOW, on a silver poor island half the farms will only let you trade silver for wood or stone. This is to me the worst aspect of the game - and that's pretty minor really. On Epsilon I have one island where I cannot trade at all for the one resource I really need, and it looks as if the same will happen here.

DeletedUser

red= you have to wait for a really long time , orange= you have to wait for a long time, yellow= you have to wait for a less long time, green= you can demand/loot soon again

DeletedUser

If I wanted a speedomiter on my screen, I'd play a racing game, a simple elegant and easy loading bar that suited Grepolis is allot better.

:pro:

DeletedUser

Solution on demand isue

as many other people sayd...clicking "demand" every 10 minutes for every village you own is VERRY paynfull ...and rewards to much "no lifers" so why not do this:
-add a limit of resources that each village gives you per day (for demand) ...looted is kind of limited already becouse you lose the mood anyway...so make timers 10 40 240 600 minutes (as they are now with upgrade) but make it so that you can only get limited amont of resources per dey AND also increased by village level AND by booty upgrade which now does basicly nothing

i look now at a lvl 3 village...i get 112 resources every 10 minutes...if i demand 10 times i ll get 1120 resources in less than 2 hours ...so make like a 3000 limit ..that would be for a level 3 village...values don't have to stay like this ...but still there is a small advantage ffor the "no lifer" he could get in the 3-4 hours of the day all the resources from a town ...whyle other good players with a life will get same amount untill the end of the day

also add a premium feature to demand/loot same amout on all available villages ...if i have towns on 5 island that could be 40 towns ...every 10 minutes it ll kill me ...or even better not premium ..would be fair and easy ...just as the farming sistem was supposed to be

oh..and upgrading the villages from level 1 to level 6 everyone for itself is much better in my oppinion...and reduce the cost as everyone will work for it alone...i dont even want to think what will happen if i get no active players on my starting island...not to mention that the active ones will make army when they will become my farms so in the end ill be the only one upgrading aniways

sigestions? opinions?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Merged threads. Please don't create a new thread when a similar one already exists. Thank you.

DeletedUser

make no-fun-farming-system more accessable

Hi, I am really thankfull that I do not have to demand for each resource, but can use a single button to demand all three resources at once in every single village on every single island. If I want to I can klick all these buttons every 5 or 10 minutes. I love buttom clicking, so I am fine, but I do not want to hear all the complains of my ally-members anymore. That is annoying. So please give those lazy bastards a more accessable loot-system.

I suggest a next farm-village button in the farm-village-interaction-menu or a menu that combines all the farm-villages on a island to one pool. If you happen to be love-struck with the idea, that every farm-village is individual, make them accessable from one menu. A register-system would do, or an island overview for all the village interactions. Could be done even for the trade-interactions: for example, make two list of trade optioins. One with the possible and one with those on cooldown.
A screen for the farm-village-upgrade with all the statusbars combined in one overview is also possible. So there is no reason to devide the current system. The uniformity of the farm-village-interactions can be maintained, but there is still a lot of potential in the accessibility area.

There are also often complains about the short time intervalls. You want to keep them? Fine, but could you perhaps do somethin for the grepo-addicts and give the demand option a dimishing affect, so it becomes less usefull everytime it is used. That way after a couple of consecutive demands demanding would be practically useless and those addicts might actually see some daylight from time to time.

just my few cents
Mareven

P.S.: I hope, what i wrote is understandable and want to appologize beforehand for any possible redundancy with previous posts.

Last edited by a moderator: