Rise of Heroes discussion

DeletedUser

How do you use heroes? I already recruited heroes, but don't know how to use them

DeletedUser

To recruit the hero Leonidas you need the prize "Defender Of Sparta" but there no information on how to receive it. What to do?

Slietie

Hydra
How do you use heroes? I already recruited heroes, but don't know how to use them
This Wiki page may be useful at the beginning.

To recruit the hero Leonidas you need the prize "Defender Of Sparta" but there no information on how to receive it. What to do?
At some point you receive a special island quest - it is a bit more complex as you need to do more than one task. When you manage, as a reward you receive the award Defender of Sparta.
In order to be able to recruit Helena you need to get a special award as well.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

How about a few days of protection so we get a chance to check out the features before we get conquered? Just lost my biggest city 12 hours after arriving and still trying to get the feel of the new features. Deleted account as I no longer have the ability to be an effective tester. Silly way to run a beta.

First impressions are I do not like the feature. Too much luck involved. The ability to carry heroes into other worlds is ripe for abuse and will give experienced players and those who have lots of time to play multiple worlds the ability to gain huge advantages over casual players and beginners. It's hard enough to get beginners to stick around as it is without putting them at an even greater disadvantage. Grepo is going to end up with a small core of players and eventually lose a lot of casual players by instituting this type of stuff. Too bad. Good game with lots of potential being ruined.

DeletedUser

How about a few days of protection so we get a chance to check out the features before we get conquered? Just lost my biggest city 12 hours after arriving and still trying to get the feel of the new features. Deleted account as I no longer have the ability to be an effective tester. Silly way to run a beta.

This testing world is also much about testing the balance of the heroes, which needs to be done in a battle situation.

First impressions are I do not like the feature. Too much luck involved. The ability to carry heroes into other worlds is ripe for abuse and will give experienced players and those who have lots of time to play multiple worlds the ability to gain huge advantages over casual players and beginners. It's hard enough to get beginners to stick around as it is without putting them at an even greater disadvantage. Grepo is going to end up with a small core of players and eventually lose a lot of casual players by instituting this type of stuff. Too bad. Good game with lots of potential being ruined.

Keep in mind that we will evaluate the opinion of the community before even thinking about putting this feature live on common game worlds. We might even introduce changes if desired (i.e. the levels of heroes could be individual for each game world, so you cannot transfer leveled heroes between worlds).

For this we need proper discussions and a thorough survey! ;)

DeletedUser2391

What is the "extra experience" that other heroes receive, when Cheiron is assigned?

DeletedUser2392

I have 2 question: Why the heroes don't get any experience point for the fight and If they leveled up they should get some plus e.g.: Helen is level up she get: +2 attack , +200 health + 5 diffence not?

DeletedUser

What is the "extra experience" that other heroes receive, when Cheiron is assigned?

When a hero would get 1000 experience points because you invested resources, Cheiron will increase that amount. So at Level 20, Cheiron grants 30% extra experience points, thus in our example the hero would gain a bonus of 300 experience points.

I have 2 question: Why the heroes don't get any experience point for the fight and If they leveled up they should get some plus e.g.: Helen is level up she get: +2 attack , +200 health + 5 diffence not?

Heroes have their combat values as well as their special ability increased upon leveling. ;)

They don't gain experience points from combat because that would be unfair compared to heroes which are bad at fighting.

DeletedUser2272

Dear The Envoy,

Are you planning to close the Rise of Heroes world? Because its just a test, and I dont know to spend time (and money) on this world. Thank you.

DeletedUser

You are able to assign all heros to a city, including the heros that give attack bonuses (Atlanta, Zuretha, hercules, Urephon). You are also only able to assign 2 heros to each city. I have noticed that if I assign 2 heros to a city I can then use the attack heros in attacks from the city so there are more than 2 heros assigned to the city for the duration of the battle. Even if no heros are assigned, once the battle is over the heros remain unassigned. Since it takes 1h to transfer heros between cities I would never assign one of these heros to a city since after the troops return they are instantly able to be used again for another attack in a different city without the 1h travel time. If you assign one of these attack heros to a city you are only able to use them in attacks from the city they are in. Is this intended? The attack heros don't seem to follow the rules of the other heros.
http://puu.sh/3rzMS
http://puu.sh/3rzI2

DeletedUser

Heroes that are assigned to a city are defenders of that city. Unassigned heroes can freely be used to attack other towns. It is intended that they become available again as soon as the attack is over.

@ Tyrion: Currently, there are no plans on when to close this world.

DeletedUser

whenever Hercules wins an honorable fight you will instantly receive 22 favor for the god worshipped in your city.

What is the definition for this purpose of an "honorable fight"?

DeletedUser

Wee suggestion. When I started trying to recruit heroes, I was offered the same military hero the first 3 times. I have since been offered a different hero 4 consecutive times (once the same pair back-to-back). How about a loop/comparison counter to prevent this? Repetition does not add to the enjoyment. Everyone should have a reasonable opportunity to get a choice of the heroes without being subject to the whims of a quirky random generator.

Edit:
Now the same military hero 5 consecutive times. With 4 unrecruited military heroes available, with a true and unbiased random generator, the probability of this occurring is 1 in 1,024....

Edit #2:
Urephon has now been offered 6 consecutive times. Odds 1 in 4,096...

I don't build myth units extensively so he is useless to me or any testing I am doing would not be affected by my wasting time and effort recruiting him but I can't seem to get a different one. If heroes are meant to make grepo more interesting and fun, this kind of silly repetitive stuff is more annoying and frustrating.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1914

Those quests of Helen really have to spawn on a island with big cities and not an island where i've only 2000 points... how am i supposed to defeat 450 land units if i've only 2000 points? :p

DeletedUser2272

Its just a test world my friend :) When the heroes will be introduced on the normal worlds, it will be easier to defeat them :)

DeletedUser

Will this world stay? or will it be gone in a few days/weeks?

DeletedUser

Hopefully it will be kept open for a while to let us get to grips with the Heroes and see what benefits they give us ingame. It won't be worth it if its closed quickly as how do we get to see what they can do in the long haul.

Decent idea btw, hope this will work out in the actual game.

Will we be given the choice of whether to use them in the worlds or is it going to be spread across every world, at the moment i play in En world Delos.

DeletedUser2428

Excellent

The new rise of hero world is excellent but i am not able to cast spells (F) and also can't trade or recruit soldiers(SW).