Rise of Heroes discussion

DeletedUser

This thread is for discussing the Heroes. Feel free to share with us your first impressions, feedback and concerns.

DeletedUser

Rest assured that the development team is available on this forum as well!

I'm looking forward to discussing with you. :)

DeletedUser

I like the heroes idea. It makes the game more interesting, so it will be catchy to players who don't play and then they will start playing. I'm glad this idea is implemented.

EDIT: So far the Heroes are working the way they are supposed to.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

with me it isnt working i cant skip to my other towns....

DeletedUser

I have the quest to assign Andromeda to my city, can not figure out how to assign the hero to a city. The quest arrow points to the captain, but not sure where to go or what to do.

DeletedUser

I agree with Altaerin, instructions for how to assign the hero are not clear/confusing although I finally managed to figure it out.

Interested in seeing how this will all work together but I need the new currency to go farther and so far after several hours, no island quests...

DeletedUser

You click on the heroes bar and then you click on the "In this city" tab there you will find two slots where you see a plus button in each slot you can assign any free hero you have by clicking there and choosing which hero you want there, the instructions were perfectly clear for me anyways. Hope i have explained it well enough for you :)

Slietie

Hydra
Thank you for your opinion about assigning the hero to a city.

I would like to take this opportunity to remind about a Bugtracker (link), where you may post any issues you may consider as a bug (i.e. something is not working as you want).
with me it isnt working i cant skip to my other towns....
Impossible to open the resources villages
In these 2 cases I would advise first to uninstall/deactivate all scripts that you are using (especially if you are using Grepolis Report Converter).

DeletedUser

In these 2 cases I would advise first to uninstall/deactivate all scripts that you are using (especially if you are using Grepolis Report Converter).
Thanks, i could not use it either, is this due to some coding in beta only, or when heroes will be added o other worlds, will i be affected there as well?

Slietie

Hydra
Thanks, i could not use it either, is this due to some coding in beta only, or when heroes will be added o other worlds, will i be affected there as well?
I believe that by that time the issue will be solved. However AFAIK it's more related to 2.42 update than Heroes on their own.

DeletedUser

Sorry guys, I am normally quick to learn these things but I can find the Hero bar at all. I don't run any scripts for encoding reports either. I just don't get it at all.

DeletedUser

Where is the Hero bar? That is what I can't find. If I could get to it I could do the rest to set up the hero with a city.

DeletedUser

All I have below my map is the captian, commander, priestess (the perks),d then the clock.

Slietie

Hydra
Altaerin, are you sure you are on the right world Rise of Heroes? Please make sure the address is zz2.grepolis.com and not zz3.grepolis.com.

DeletedUser

My hero bar was hidden behind a red banner with the words 'new' or something like that written on it. Check that, just click on the red banner and it disappears and reveals the tool bar for heroes.

This is going to take forever before we're really testing the heroes. They cost 200+ each of one or the other type of the new coinage, yet you only get 2 coins for each island quest. With 2 types of coins depending on which line of quest you pursue, it's going to be a long time before enough coins can be earned, I'm guessing at least 2 weeks at the rate the quests are spawning, before I'll be in position to try to engage another hero...

DeletedUser

My hero bar was hidden behind a red banner with the words 'new' or something like that written on it. Check that, just click on the red banner and it disappears and reveals the tool bar for heroes.

This is going to take forever before we're really testing the heroes. They cost 200+ each of one or the other type of the new coinage, yet you only get 2 coins for each island quest. With 2 types of coins depending on which line of quest you pursue, it's going to be a long time before enough coins can be earned, I'm guessing at least 2 weeks at the rate the quests are spawning, before I'll be in position to try to engage another hero...

Note that on this testing world you will receive 300 Coins of War and 300 Coins of Wisdom per day automatically. ;)

DeletedUser

Thanks for clarifying Envoy. I had just logged into the game and found a lot more coinage than I had earnt so was wondering how and why I got it :)

A couple of early points.

1) When assigning the heroes, the screen that indicates it will be an hour before the hero's assignment to the city is complete could use some rework. The first time I saw it I thought it meant that the hero was only active for an hour. I hit that point before I had a chance to read the wiki, but not everyone will read the wiki...

2) When 'buying' a new hero, the screen suddenly dissolves and says you must wait 6 hours to call more heroes. It does not indicate that the purchase has been successful. I thought the effort had failed and only found the new hero in my stockpile by accident. Again, better clarity of interface would be helpful here.