Acknowledged Resources stay at the same height

• Thread starter DeletedUser4716
  • Start date

DeletedUser4716

Ingame Nick: Stardew
Affected world(s): sandbox 7
Browser: Chrome
Detailed error description (What you see):
Everytime I try to upgrade something in the senate the resources don't go down. It does show that some buildings can't be upgraded anymore because there are no more resources but in display on top you still have the same recourses before you upgraded anything. Everytime I upgrade something I have to refresh my browser to see my actual stock of resources on display

How it should be: While upgrading the resources shoul go down on them selves

bogdy 95

Poseidon
Ingame Nick: Stardew
Affected world(s): sandbox 7
Browser: Chrome
Detailed error description (What you see):
Everytime I try to upgrade something in the senate the resources don't go down. It does show that some buildings can't be upgraded anymore because there are no more resources but in display on top you still have the same recourses before you upgraded anything. Everytime I upgrade something I have to refresh my browser to see my actual stock of resources on display

How it should be: While upgrading the resources shoul go down on them selves

I couldn't find any issue. I had tried to upgrade from '' Upgrading view'' and also in the senat menu and everything seems fine.Maybe is the internet speed connection, make sure that is ok and fast enough.
We wait other players to confirm the issue. Thanks for the report.

It happens over and over again, both for construction and recruiting orders, and mostly during events. I have been describing this issue (and many other event related issues) for years, and I don´t think I will ever see them resolved.

F5 usually does the trick.

bogdy 95

Poseidon
It happens over and over again, both for construction and recruiting orders, and mostly during events. I have been describing this issue (and many other event related issues) for years, and I don´t think I will ever see them resolved.

F5 usually does the trick.

I trust you, but you have to trust me also that I have not this kind of issue. I tried on every worlds.

DeletedUser4716

I've got perfect internet connection, so that's not the problem at all

bogdy 95

Poseidon
I've got perfect internet connection, so that's not the problem at all

Ok, if you are using any allowed scripts, could you please turn them off and then try?
Maybe interfere with something from those scripts.

pumpkin.png

DeletedUser2458

Since the new UI (it's kinda old nowadays but you surely understand), front-end sometimes doesn't get updated after change occurs on back-end. It's hard-to-catch bug but that still doesn't mean it doesn't exist... as it really exists. Of course, F5 do the trick as when refreshing the page, client gets current data...

bogdy 95

Poseidon
Since the new UI (it's kinda old nowadays but you surely understand), front-end sometimes doesn't get updated after change occurs on back-end. It's hard-to-catch bug but that still doesn't mean it doesn't exist... as it really exists. Of course, F5 do the trick as when refreshing the page, client gets current data...

Understand, but where is the bug? to the front-end or to the back-end ? that is the question.
So please you try also on different browser.
If you have(not just chrome) please give me some more reproductibility steps. Like if you have icognito mode on. Or some patterns when this issue appears.

I have done that in detail so many times in the German forum that I have lost some of my motivation, sorry - thus only the short version this time:

I experienced the issue in the afternoon under Chrome, and now, in the evening and at home, I am experiencing it again (FF). No incognito mode, no add-ons, no scripts, fast internet connection (in both cases). Happens more often with long-term effects active in the city, but not necessarily so.

ytqadmamz00.jpg

Put 6 construction orders in queue without any change in the resource status displayed, and now cannot place a seventh construction order because the real status of the resources is as follows:

iojrnmosv03.jpg

The resource status will only be updated when I switch to the next city and back, or on pressing F5. If I remember right, one of the German GPC members, @AnWePe, even described lately that he did not notice that the warehouse of his active city was full, because the display was "frozen" at an earlier level. I can also confirm that observation: Once frozen, the display of the resource status won´t go up or down unless you force it to do so as described above.

There are numerous update and/or synchronization issues, most of them concerning the display of the resource (including favor) and (sometimes even more harmful) the troop status of the active city or the available population, and they are occuring more often during events and while effects are active in the respective city. I have been noticing them regularly (on three different devices and browsers), and worst of all during events with alliance or community bonusses. Thasoss stated that the issues appear to be front-end/back-end synchronization issues - they are occuring uninfluenced by any client-side prepositions (such as browser, internet connection, user scripts, processing power of the device, etc). On the other hand, the correct information is available as shown above. You can see it when opening the respective windows - Agora, Harbour, Barracks will show the correct troop status, the Farm window the correct available population (with the exception of the known issue in the calculation of the population needed for some building levels), the Warehouse window the correct resource status - but that information sometimes is not updated correctly in the main UI.

Last edited:

bogdy 95

Poseidon
Ok, from picture seems an issue.
Could you test something else please so that we have an accurate report?
Please test if this issue is also on other browsers.
And second, recheck the version or reinstall flashplayer.

Waiting for feedback. Thanks !

DeletedUser4186

Ok, from picture seems an issue.
Could you test something else please so that we have an accurate report?

Waiting for feedback. Thanks !

like Draba said i have the same Problems and its really frustrating

hero in town to build 7 slots biris or triremes sending lots of Ressies and losing lots of them because the ui "freezes"

and as Draba also said this is hard to reproduce but it happens more in events

but browser or something like that isn´t the reason. I have seen this Problem under:

Chrome
Opera
Waterfox
Vivaldi
Firefox

with scripts and without scripts
with c+c deleted or not
and never be in an incognito mode

Internetconnection is always more than enough for Grepo (100Mbit should be enough or not?^^)

Version is allways up to date of course

bogdy 95

Poseidon
like Draba said i have the same Problems and its really frustrating

hero in town to build 7 slots biris or triremes sending lots of Ressies and losing lots of them because the ui "freezes"

and as Draba also said this is hard to reproduce but it happens more in events

but browser or something like that isn´t the reason. I have seen this Problem under:

Chrome
Opera
Waterfox
Vivaldi
Firefox

with scripts and without scripts
with c+c deleted or not
and never be in an incognito mode

Internetconnection is always more than enough for Grepo (100Mbit should be enough or not?^^)

Version is allways up to date of course

Thanks for confirming it. I understand your frustration about the issue.
I am asking so many questions, so that i can make an accurate report to be the problem faster and easier to resolve by devs. So sorry for those who are bothered or offended by my many questions.

Thanks all for feedback!

DeletedUser4186

no problems about questions

they don´t hurt^^

i heard from other allymembers too that they have the same "Freezes" but no on can reproduce it

it happens than its all ok and than it happens again we don´t know when and why^^

Well, I also don´t mind further questions... but the answer to those questions was already in the post you replied to:

I have been noticing them regularly (on three different devices and browsers), and worst of all during events with alliance or community bonusses. Thasoss stated that the issues appear to be front-end/back-end synchronization issues - they are occuring uninfluenced by any client-side prepositions (such as browser, internet connection, user scripts, processing power of the device, etc).

And when I read your suggestion regarding flashplayer, I instantly decided that I would postpone my reply and have one or two cups of valerian tea instead...^^

i heard from other allymembers too that they have the same "Freezes" but no on can reproduce it

it happens than its all ok and than it happens again we don´t know when and why^^

True, it does not happen each time (and certainly not when you are waiting for it). You need some patience for its reproduction, but as you can see: On Wednesday, after reading this discussion, I was determined to reproduce the issue and to provide new screenshots proving it, and succeeded almost instantly. In fact I triggered the issue regarding the resource status two times that day and yet another time yesterday in the morning - I got more than I wanted, really...^^. I only sacrificed "Tyche´s Motivation III" and a ritual as a bait for the bug (who found that food irresistible...^^)

---

InnoGames are well aware of the issues - we have provided so many reports and screenshots over the years, and they have been acknowledged so many times (sometimes after hard battles though, because of the lack of instant reproducibility), that they simply must know what is wrong. However, they handle the issues with minor priority, as mere "display issues". That might be true for the resource status display - it´s a nuisance, and it´s a shame that the bug(s) keep(s) reappearing, but it´s no game-breaker.

But:

The troop overview of the main UI also tends to freeze (same preconditions). You can notice the issue only when recruitment orders are running in your active city (and the newly recruited troops are visible only in Agora, support and attack window, while the troop overview in the main UI displays the old troop status and ignores the new recruits), or when troops should have returned to the city but don´t pop up in the troop overview. In those cases things really get ugly as soon as you try to send attacks or support from the city concerned.

For example:

The troop overview of your active city shows 320 light ships. On opening the attack window you find that you can send 322 light ships (i.e. 2 more newly recruited light ships than displayed in the troop overview), and you click on those 322 ships to add them to your attack.

As soon as you try to send that attack, an error message will appear, informing you that you have not enough units in the city to send that attack. You can see the 322 light ships in the attack window, you can see them in the Agora and in the city info on the map, but since the troop overview in the main UI has not been updated properly, the system will not let you send all 322 - only the 320 the main UI "knows" of.

I have lost 5 cities over the years due to that synchronization bug, just because I could not send attacks or support in time to defend against an incoming CS, and numerous times I have lost city units I could have saved if I would have been able to send them out in time. However, an empty troop overview makes you think your troops are still out, until the battle report proves you wrong...^^

That´s the really frustrating part: That issue affects the core of the Grepolis game play, attacks and defense, and to have it dismissed as mere "display issue" time and again makes me angry. And it also makes me angry to hear that I only need to press F5 or to open harbour and/or barracks to have the troop status in the main UI updated while recruitment orders are queued - that´s not what you do when you are defending own or allied cities in a situation that requires tense and accurate timing.

---

Okay, and please remember: This was my reply after I have had enough cups of valerian tea... :))

DeletedUser4186

but more annoying than the freeze by resies is the complete freeze if you minimize the grepolis tab and this is reproduceable and leads to no warnings by atts and so on

DeletedUser4186

that not shown the correct number of units

the german co cm told me that this is because the buildingjob is not done complete so building 10 biris and 8 left to build in progress so the already build 2 biris are not shown. and he said that the reason is a performance thing

so thats seems to be intended but not 100% sure^^

DeletedUser4186

ok here one actual screenshot from right now

ihISyh.png

i came online about 2 hours before started townfestivals and did nothing else but the tab was always active (ok i talk with a friend via Discord)

i take a look and see hmm full resies und tried to start a festival but of course it was not possible as you see resies are different and freezed

bogdy 95

Poseidon
ok here one actual screenshot from right now

ihISyh.png

i came online about 2 hours before started townfestivals and did nothing else but the tab was always active (ok i talk with a friend via Discord)

i take a look and see hmm full resies und tried to start a festival but of course it was not possible as you see resies are different and freezed

I understand, but like I said before. I had reported the issue and also provided screenshots from community.

DeletedUser4186

ok thanks

i only wanted to show in how many different ways that freezing can happend

thats all^^