Plundering Farming Villages

DeletedUser

In reference to the plundering of farming villages

This game has only been going for 4 days and 90% of the farming villages on my Island have already been farmed to death
The strength of most of them is already below 10%

So reducing the construction times is rather pointless, when you can't even get resources to add more buildings to the queue
If you send your swords to strengthen the farming villages, you lose some of them in an effort to increase the strength of the farming villages

In my opinion the Islands are over populated
There should be less players per Island, or more farming villages per Island

Am I correct in assuming that by strengthening the farming villages, that other players on my Island would benefit too?
In other words, i strengthen the villages and another player farms it, before I have a chance to benefit from my efforts

DeletedUser

Am I correct in assuming that by strengthening the farming villages, that other players on my Island would benefit too?
In other words, i strengthen the villages and another player farms it, before I have a chance to benefit from my efforts

Yes, you are correct.

DeletedUser

If you have enough troops then split your troops up. Send 1/2 to strengthen followed by the other half to pillage a few seconds later.

DeletedUser

And teamplay, communicate with your neighbours to maximize together the farming power.

DeletedUser

The-Iceman's points are well considered, there are counter-productive (minx's idea) and wishful thinking (mdshare's idea) type measures that you could employ, but in short it's a fault in the game design which could be addressed. It's probably as it is, to force people to farm each other and not only the farming villages, but when there's beginner protection initiated then it's a pain. Maybe farming villages could stay stronger for longer in the beginner-protection stage?

DeletedUser

Counterproductive how? You raise the strength and 8 seconds later loot it. Or you can send full force and double the negative mood percentage and keep losing strength. It's an alternative. I said IF you had enough troops to do it. I certainly wouldn't do it if I only had a small force, no need to with a small force anyways.

The game is the way it is right now. Adapt to it until changes are made, if they are.

DeletedUser

Like Minx says, I really don't see it as a flaw in game design. Even as I'm personally screwed by being on a island with active players.

And yes , strengthening a farm , the extra strength you give is available for the whole island. However mood is player individual.

DeletedUser

Counterproductive how? You raise the strength and 8 seconds later loot it. Or you can send full force and double the negative mood percentage and keep losing strength. It's an alternative. I said IF you had enough troops to do it. I certainly wouldn't do it if I only had a small force, no need to with a small force anyways.

The game is the way it is right now. Adapt to it until changes are made, if they are.

It's counter-productive because whilst you defend the farm you're losing troops which cost resources, which you're trying to get back from farming the slightly stronger than it was before farm. The logistics could work if the farm strength got high enough and there were weak troop counts around you, but it seems unlikely.

DeletedUser

Yes. Lol. Or we can stop farming altogether because that isn't counterproductive. Or we can send our troops further out and make a 2 hour round trip to a farm that ends up being in the same boat as the closer farms. It is a simple solution for the time being until they change things.

So short of the devs changing things what is your solution? Because a solution is needed now. Not saying mine is the best but at least it is something.

DeletedUser

Yes. Lol. Or we can stop farming altogether because that isn't counterproductive. Or we can send our troops further out and make a 2 hour round trip to a farm that ends up being in the same boat as the closer farms. It is a simple solution for the time being until they change things.

So short of the devs changing things what is your solution? Because a solution is needed now. Not saying mine is the best but at least it is something.

I think that's a bit dramatic to say a solution's needed now lol. Everyone's feeling the lack of resources, to be honest I'm just raping all the farms still anyway. The point of this thread is to provide feedback for the devs, I didn't ever say I had a solution, or that there was one, just that I felt there was a flaw in the game, same as OP.

DeletedUser

Wait, you can lose troops from strengthening farms?

I've been strengthening the farms on my island to test the reported "bug". So far, I haven't lost any troops and raised a total of about 30-40 strength, spread out across 3 farms. If I can lose troops from strengthen farm, I may not do it :(

If you don't lose any troops from strengthen farm, then after you have enough troops, start strengthen farm before loot those farms. This is just game theory though, a prisoner's dilemma. If both prisoners cooperate, both come out ahead. In most cases, both prisoners will probably rat each other out, due to lack of trust, greed, etc.

If you raise the strength to over 60, does it lose strength overtime naturally, without any player farming it? I'm just curious because I raised some farm strength to 60% and without me farming it, I watch it go down. I don't know if someone's farming it or not though.

DeletedUser

If it is a flaw in the game, which I do believe to an extent it is, then obviously there needs to be a solution to it. That is just logical. Since the best solution would be the devs correcting it isn't going to happen today then it is up to players to do the best they can with what they have available. I simply gave one way you could help yourself regarding this problem.

I'm playing the game now. That means I have to deal with any flaws in the game now and work around them to the best of my ability now. These sorts of threads are not only about pointing out to devs problem areas but about other players showing or offering suggestions on how to deal with it now. It's very easy to be a player that criticizes the devs and anyone that offers temporary solutions or buffers to flaws in the game, it is much harder to be a dev or a player that tries to be helpful.

Yes yes, the theater is on fire. You can either stand and burn while shouting it is on fire, run away, or fetch some water to contain the flames til the fire department gets here.

Edit: You can't lose troops from strengthening farms as far as I know. And the strength will go down in increments once you've strengthened it past 50% until it reaches 50% again.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I have always thought there aren't enough farms on each island, but you learn to deal with it. It's not too bad. Strengthening sucks right now because no one has lots of troops, but once you get more troops, strengthening becomes a whole lot easier and you won't even care about other players benefiting from you strengthening a village.

DeletedUser

I''ve lost troops by strengthening a farm

Still I don't see it as a design flaw, it actually protects the fair players against people that would sooner or later use one or another grease monkey auto farmer script.

Do I suffer lack of resources, hell yes I do, before the reset not as I was on a island of inactive players. Does this stop my growth ? Not at all. Adjust your game playing style.

We are still settled on one island what if we have towns at multiple islands, different strategies will apply as different players will try to protect/secure their island.

DeletedUser

I''ve lost troops by strengthening a farm

Still I don't see it as a design flaw, it actually protects the fair players against people that would sooner or later use one or another grease monkey auto farmer script.

Do I suffer lack of resources, hell yes I do, before the reset not as I was on a island of inactive players. Does this stop my growth ? Not at all. Adjust your game playing style.

We are still settled on one island what if we have towns at multiple islands, different strategies will apply as different players will try to protect/secure their island.

Do you still have the reports? what was the mood and strength of the village that you tried to strength. How many troops did you send? How much did you lose?

I like to know, both for data collection purposes and for my own personal interest.

DeletedUser

It all depends on the size of your army that you send to farm. The larger your army, the more mood and strength that decreases. And then that affects if your meet resistance and/or not get a full haul of resources.

DeletedUser

mood was around 35-40% and was with 200 units

was pre-reset dunno if anything got changed as it doesn't say in the changelog so I assume you still can lose troops by strenghtening a town

DeletedUser

yea, you can lose troops strengthening a town. Strengthening is considered an attack.

You faced 200 units or you sent 200 units (and if you sent 200 units, you have 200 units already? impressive)

I wouldn't send an attack below 70% mood and 20% strength.

DeletedUser

was before the reset, and I had way more than 200 units. I was strengthening with 200 units the farm.

DeletedUser

1. if you hit a villa under 60% mood, no mater the kind of attack, you have a chance to lose troops. The higer the strength of the villa, the more troops will defend.

2. Noone should farm under 90% strength and below 60% mood. Hitting a 10% strength villa with half troops to strengthen and a real attack with the other half is not a solution. Strength does not go up enough in order for you to have full hauls. As a bonus, the mood and strength goes down much faster at low strength. On the long run that is a losing bet. still, most people are doing it :) And I smile. And build my army many times faster than them :)