Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
We are looking forward to your feedback about version 2.174.

pumpkin.png

DeletedUser4351

I have a few questions about account deletion after 3 years inactivity.
It's cancellation of Licensing Agreement and the Premium Licensing Agreement if I understood right.
  • Will you change the Terms and Conditions?
  • How long before deletion will players get email notification?
  • Can players revert this deletion?
  • What happens with the previously purchased gold?

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
The Terms and Conditions don't specify any exact date, but from the point 5.9 we can decide when to consider an account inactive, and 3 years seems a reasonable time.
5.9 We are entitled to delete inactive Accounts according to the relevant game rules. In this case, the Licensing Agreement ends automatically
The very last notification will be received via email 7 days before the account is completely deleted, also including the gold balance as we're legally requried to delete ANY data about the account.

The deletion process can be easily interrupted by logging in (to no longer be counted as inactive). If the account is in the final 7 days of "life", there will be a button to manually stop the deletion or at the very latest we can manually do it upon a ticket request, before the account is deleted obviously.

DeletedUser4351

The Terms and Conditions don't specify any exact date, but from the point 5.9 we can decide when to consider an account inactive, and 3 years seems a reasonable time.
5.9 We are entitled to delete inactive Accounts according to the relevant game rules. In this case, the Licensing Agreement ends automatically

Let me dumb this down to my level :p: until now if my account was not active on any worlds the registration wasn't lost, gold was not lost (= License Agreement didn't end ), but after this change I may lose my hidden gold treasure and beloved IGN on another market that I wish I could return to in few years time...

The Terms and conditions and game Rules don't differentiate global deletion and deletion of an account from a game world, but in practice the Rules are about deletion from game worlds only and not about global account deletion and termination of (Premium) License Agreement.

If the Terms and Conditions won't be changed and it refers to the relevant Game Rules, then the rules should be updated and clarified. The current Rules only mention deletion of accounts after 30 days of inactivity but not global account deletion and cancellation of Premium License Agreement.
§8) Account Deletion
The accounts can be deleted in different cases (see the examples below) either automatically or, alternatively the player also can request the account deletion. Automatic deletion will NOT occur as long as there are active premium options running. Once the account has been removed, it is not possible to recover it.
Examples:
30 days of inactivity (being on vacation mode is not considered as inactivity).
permanently banned accounts.

I totally understand that a deadline is necessary, but this isn't just a 'system change' it is change of game conditions, players should be aware of the required activity to keep their accounts alive, this change needs to be added to Rules and/or GTC.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Uhm... there aren't really many cases where a player quits for more than 3 years without never ever logging in, than comes back. In any case, they accepted the T&C on registering, but I do understand your point and I already forwarded it :)

pumpkin.png