Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
We are looking forward to your feedback about version 2.141.

The "viable quest" icon
index.php
will remain in the town list even afte

The given link for the icon in the list of the changelog seems to be from the italian forum and needs account in it so it does not appear for the rest of us....

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Wow, that's weird xD

Now it should be visible for everyone :p

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Yeah sorry, I updated it on the daily thread but not on the single post one.

Anyways, got any feedback about the content of that line, other than the icon? :p

Please note that I am talking about the browser version only - users of the mobile app might feel more comfortable with the quest log.

When the island quests were moved to the quest log, it almost instantly became obvious that navigation via quest log is more complicated than navigation via town list (and quest icons in the UI). In most cases the opening of a new island quest via quest log will lead you to an almost unavoidable error message ("Your current city is not on the quest island"). Such "default" error messages on first contact should make the alarm bells ring in the heads of game designers and devs, and more so, when it is not even possible to see the challenges of the island quests without the effort of navigating to the correct island first and making one of those island´s cities your active one.

There are three major problems regarding the quest log:

1) Poor navigation (including error messages)
2) The nature of the both challenges is only visible after you have navigated to the correct island and made one of your cities there your active city
3) The nature of the malus you are enduring for hours on end is not visible any longer once you have made your decision.

And all that´s a bit weird, since one of the major reasons given for this IQ revision was that it
will make the handling (of) said quests easier and more intuitive to new players
. (Source: https://devblog.grepolis.com/?p=1918). Well, I don´t think it really does.

---

When it became obvious that the navigation to the quest island/the right city on the island is more complicated via quest log than it was/is via town list, island quests in progress were included in the town list again in order to make it easier to revisit them. But on the other hand this well-meaning afterthought also blocked the only comfortable way of navigation to new island quests. Thanks to Murphy´s Law each and every island quest I picked in the town list first was one in progress, and in many cases even one where all you could possibly do was wait.

• The "viable quest" icon
    H5x8ApG.png
    will remain in the town list even after accepting the quest, as long as you still have something to do (e.g. sending troops or resources). This change will not be applied on time based quests, as once you started it you don't have to do anything else than wait.

Anyways, got any feedback about the content of that line, other than the icon? :p

Now, in acknowledgement of the respective feedback, at least those (waiting-) time based island quests in progress have been removed again from the town list. Fine, but this still leaves the other quests in progress, and tooltips announcing them all as "new quest available":

29439660hk.png

I had suggested earlier (in the German forums) that it might be a good idea to distinguish new quests and quests in progress by using different colours for their icons in the town list. But even just assigning different tooltips to the quests in progress would help a lot.

I also had made further suggestions regarding the handling and the navigation via quest log, which for now I will not repeat here (for lack of time - too much work left on my desk before the weekend... :( )

Last edited:

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Let's do everything with order :p

To be honest I like the fact that tutorial and island quests are now on the same overview, making easy for everyone (especially new players) to find them. But I agree with you that there is still something on the user experience that for sure can be improved.

1) Poor navigation (including error messages)
Note: this is not an official sneak peek, but just my paint skills at 9am. Do you think this could solve the problem? I'm gonna submit it along with your feedback as a possible solution.

upload_2017-6-10_9-26-12.png

2) The nature of the both challenges is only visible after you have navigated to the correct island and made one of your cities there your active city
True, this is due to the disabled buttons. I guess you'd like to see the challenge entity even without doing the town selection procedure, it makes sense.

3) The nature of the malus you are enduring for hours on end is not visible any longer once you have made your decision.
You can see it from the active powers in the town, but once again not from the disabled button. Yeah, probably having it directly on the questlog could help.

About the IQ icon on the town list, the initial idea was to keep it active as long as the quest was present (no matter if new, active or completed) but then after the first feedbacks the GD decided to make it as communicated with the last changelog.
Having it active on each town where you have to do "something" to the quest I think is a good thing, but maybe changing the icon or at least the tooltip for sure is another reasonable idea.

As always, thank you for the feedback ^^

Note: this is not an official sneak peek, but just my paint skills at 9am. Do you think this could solve the problem? I'm gonna submit it along with your feedback as a possible solution.

index.php

Yes, this comes very near to what I suggested earlier, thank you.

Since it is already possible to select cities from drop down menus (see attack planner or town list) and to display islands and the cities on them (see premium farming villages overview, or see notifications regarding world wonder vacations) it would take no major efforts to make not only the islands but your cities on them selectable and clickable directly in the quest log window.

This solution would even make the icons in the town list obsolete to some extent.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Uhm... yes, in that case the icons would just give a redundant information, but I think it may still be helpful to have a quicker overview of where the quests are.

DeletedUser4336

personally, i like the new black for the bug reports bar
less distracting than the red but still visible

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Yay, glad you like it!

And with the black bug report bar, the red one about the incoming update will be immediately recognizable!

DeletedUser4336

agreed, arci
just thought you all might like to hear something positive for a change :)