buffysara

Athena
false ingame Message

beta_2129.jpg

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
I'm glad to see that someone seriously read this message :p

Thanks for the report, I've fixed it now.

buffysara

Athena
Since many players expect a peace time an Ingamemessage would be appropriate.
Otherwise, many are completely surprised again.

Da viele Spieler aber eine Friedenszeit erwarten wäre ein Ingamemitteilung angebracht.
Sonst sind viele wieder völlig überrascht.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
To be honest I thought that it's wasn't needed to announce something that is not happening, but if you think it can lead to some confusion I can do it :)

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
We're still in time to enable it.

What do you think, do you want the peace time enabled for beta too?

For myself it is Not so
Important. I won't come in during this Time, or perhaps a few minutes, but i have only 3 responsible cities.
IF I have more cities or world wonders, i would preferre it.

Sorry for mistakes :(

When peace times finally were introduced to Beta last year, I would not have expected this to be an exception but the future normal case.

One year no, next year yes, and then no again, no reason given, and no information at all if I had not asked some hours ago - a bit strange, don´t you think?

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Instead of sayng "no - yes - no" just say that it was activated once. Please, stop trying to see everything as a bad thing and try to find something bad even if it's not.

CMs and LCMs have changed during these years, and actual ones can only read previous' documentation when taking this kind of decisions. I can't be responsible on what previus CMs did, but nontheless I'm here and open to any suggestion and comment to do what works best for you, that's why now I'm asking your opinion if you'd like to have peace time or not this year.

As you noticed I followed what you and other players suggested many times because I really care of your opinion as community, that's why everyone can always find a place to share their thoughts.

Until no one says anything, I assume that everything is fine, if you have a problem or a question just ask it somewhere (as you did) and you'll get your anwer asap (as I did).

Coming again back to the topic, I did not announce anything because the decision was to not do anything about peace time just because sometimes it just leads to issues and misunderstanding by some players and we wanted to avoid it on beta, but now I'm open to rediscuss this decision with you and share it with the community tomorrow, I think from my side I can't do much more than what I'm doing.

If you think something is still missing please let me know!

PinkBerry

Centaur
if possible, i'll be in favour of peace time breaks

it's important to have time without playing nor having to use the vm even if i spend a lot of my time

Until no one says anything, I assume that everything is fine

No, as we tried to tell you, we do not think that everything is fine.

Players who have started on Beta last year and

- who are used to peace times in their home markets
- who experienced peace times on Beta in 2015

are totally at a loss in the moment.

You have made your decision not to have peace times on Beta in 2016 - fine (or rather not fine, but I am not arguing), but since there have been peace times last year, you should at least inform your players accordingly. They cannot read your mind.

Ingame, there are players still wondering why the peace times announcement is late this year and not even assuming that there will be none at all. They will have to activate vacation mode in time to spend their Christmas Eve with their families and friends without an attack alarm, so I can only ask you once again to provide an ingame clarification concerning your decision.

---

PS.:

@* Arci * , I would like to thank you for great work here on Beta, your presence and short response times and all your effort. It´s the best I have seen on this Beta, and I really appreciate it.

On the other hand I would ask you to be more patient and more tolerant with our concerns and comments, even if you don´t share our respective opinions.

Please, stop trying to see everything as a bad thing and try to find something bad even if it's not.

Please take your own words to your heart, they are true also regarding our comments. Don´t hand out reproaches every time someone is criticizing a feature or change (or does it a second time when he/she has the strong feeling not to have been heard or understood the first time), or missing something (as in this case). We are here to share our thoughts, our concerns, our ideas regarding the game, and you must not necessarily like them - but you should be interested in them nevertheless, and players should be allowed to utter them without being suspected of only "trying to find something bad even if it is not".

---

Edit: Well, now I see the new announcement and ingame announcement regarding the peace time on New Year only. I don´t understand this decision either, and I think it´s even more confusion - but thanks for the ingame clarification.

Last edited:

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Please, when players are confused and thinks that some comunication is missing, tell them to write on the forum or at least somewhere I can read it.

We can't check alliance forums to see if players have some problems, and as long as no problems are reported, they don't exist. I don't read minds too :p