Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
We are looking forward to your feedback about version 2.121. Here you can find the changelog, that will be compiled day by day with new informations.

Opening a ranking tab, you would expect that the ranking will open on the page of your own rank (or the rank of your alliance, respectively). And while this is true for all other tabs in the ranking, it did not work for the new Grepolisscore world ranking.

Now, however, after the bugfix, it still does not work. The new tab "Grepolisscore (World)" now always opens on page 1, and I wonder whether this is intended - and if so, why.

---

The addition "World" also made us expect that the new tab would display the Grepolisscore ranking for the respective game world, i.e. only the points earned there. This would have made it an attractive ranking tab also for beginners since they could have compared their own activity and achievements on that specific game world to those of other players. It might discourage new players that they have no chance to achieve a good Grepolisscore ranking since they always must compete against the score other players had achieved on previous worlds.
In any case, the addition "world" is misleading since the score displayed is the global and total score again, and says nothing about the score ranking for that specific game world.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
You're right, I also agree that there's something inconsistent with that "world" word.

I'll ask devs what's going on, thanks for the feedback!

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
News for what "world" means.

It's supposed to be a ranking that shows players' overall ranking, limited to players on that world.

Anyways your suggestion to display only world-related points has been forwarded to Game Design :)

It's supposed to be a ranking that shows players' overall ranking, limited to players on that world.
My goodness, someone out there is really thinking differently... :p

Since all ranking tabs show only the players of that game world (without having the addition "world" in their name), I can see not the slightest reason for adding the word "world" to the new one. It´s only confusing.

Anyways your suggestion to display only world-related points has been forwarded to Game Design

Thanks.

Btw., did they comment on the fact that the Grepolisscore ranking now always opens on page 1 after last week´s bugfix? Is this intended? And you can only scroll down to page 2 - to go further you must type in the page you wish to see. And since beginners start with a very low score, it will take them ages to find their own name and ranking. This feature might need another bugfix before it goes live...^^

---

• Acumen, Divine Senses, Myrmidion attack and Trojan defense are no longer game speed dependant.

Why? And why is this good news? What are the thoughts behind this change?

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
My goodness, someone out there is really thinking differently... :p

Since all ranking tabs show only the players of that game world (without having the addition "world" in their name), I can see not the slightest reason for adding the word "world" to the new one. It´s only confusing.
To be honest I agree with you, let's see if a new change will come or not :)

Btw., did they comment on the fact that the Grepolisscore ranking now always opens on page 1 after last week´s bugfix? Is this intended? And you can only scroll down to page 2 - to go further you must type in the page you wish to see. And since beginners start with a very low score, it will take them ages to find their own name and ranking. This feature might need another bugfix before it goes live...^^
If I'm not wrong they fixed just a few hours ago and it should be sent on servers with tomorrow's update.

Why? And why is this good news? What are the thoughts behind this change?
Basically you can't attack faster on faster worlds since world speed is not related to units speed.
If you play on a world A (4x 1x) or B (1x 1x) the duration of acumen is 4 times longer on the first one, but if you miss an attack (for example you find the town empty) you have all the time to find and attack another target on the world "A" but not on the world "B".

DeletedUser2458

Acumen? What do you mean? You don't use in-game terms. :(

DeletedUser2458

I thought that Divine Senses are Heightened Senses... och.

DeletedUser

What are the thoughts behind this change?

Hello, Divine Senses was given out only once in a sale, and in sales all items are speed independent anyway. This change only affects items that are given out in events, and we do not plan to give out Divine Senses in any event.

So basically the change affects Heightened Senses, Myrmidion attack and Trojan defense. The reason behind this is, that how useful these items are is based on how often you attack (or are attacked) while they are active. However even with a high world speed you cannot attack more often. The unit speed is usually not linked to world speed. So there is no reason to punish players on a World with speed 7 by giving them Heightened Senses for only 1hour and 40 minutes.

However we also plan to increase the price of Heightened Senses in future events to reflect its actual power. So it cannot be spammed anymore but you really need to think about when you want to use it.