EVENT CHRISTMAS

DeletedUser4364

Hello Beta community, all right?

I've been observing the last two years (2015 and 2016) the events have been repeated. We started the year with the event of Demeter, Valentine's Day, training dos Slingers, Grepolympia, Wheel of Nature time, Portal to Hades, Sparta X Hades and finally the Christmas event.

The events are great, and I like everyone with the exception of the Christmas event that is the same thing as the event wheel of Nature's time. By the magnitude that represents Christmas worldwide, this event should be the coolest of the year, something really different, but it is simply the most annoying. The coolest Christmas event we had in the Grepolis happened in 2012, the advent calendar where we had the option to decorate the scenery and choose the present we wanted to decorate the scenery and each gift gave a different award. Yes, that was pretty cool.

I would like to see something new this year, until that date is increasingly close.

I appreciate your attention.

Best regards,
João Vitor [Jvsdc01]
Brazil​

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Hey!

Building a whole new event now for this christmas is something that we can't really do... but a new event will be announced very very soon ;)

Hello Beta community, all right?

I've been observing the last two years (2015 and 2016) the events have been repeated.

It´s even worse. The "Christmas Wheel" dates back as far as 2013, was repeated in 2014 (with a new decoration/background), 2015 and 2016 (without any graphical changes) - and since 2016 it even makes a second appearance per year (disguised as Nature´s Wheel of Time). And of course it will return in December 2017.

As * Arci * already stated, this year a new (and additional) event will be pressed into the already overstuffed event year (that´s why the former Halloween Event lost its name this year and started almost one month early), robbing us of even the last "normal" weeks before the endless Advent/Christmas event.

DeletedUser2458

Let make 2 season events (Christmas & Easter) and 2 flexible (during May/June and August/September)... The game is overwhelmed by still same events. We had Grepolympia twice per year. Now we will have 2 wheel of fortune events per year. Why? Just because of you want to launch SOME events. Even they're quite boring. And all of these have a great impact to the game.

If you want to launch events often, you should bring a new concept. Maybe some tournaments? Or some milestones-based events? E.g. week of BPs hunting - more milestones you reach better reward you get. However, these should be something like mini-games.

And you also should rebalance rewards in overall and daily rankings of events. Level of culture is better far away than shorter trader times which are quite useless. Or LS boost. Is it useful to deff player?

DeletedUser4364

Hello guys,

I've been playing since 2011, and I've pretty much seen all the events that Grepolis has already launched.

In the last two years we have events of:

Recipes (Demeter & Halloween)
Modalities (Grepolympia)
War (Sparta x Hades)
Roulets (Wheel of Nature Time & Christmas)
Target Shooting (Tackle Trial)
Random (Portal de Hades & Valentine's Day)

For me Grepolis needs to innovate, do something different, something new, especially in relation to the Christmas Event. Everyone in the world knows the magnitude of that particular date, which is why game developers should think about changing the event and implementing a new one.

In 2016 came a new event: Proof of Fundibularios that was an innovation and until then an unprecedented event. An event where there had never been anything similar about events. Short events like Valentine's Day and Portal de Hades for me last a maximum of 1 day, but even then there were 3 events unheard of according to the context.

About the Christmas Event, I repeat: Why roulette on the most important date of the year? I would like to reassemble the advent calendar as it was in 2012 or something totally new.

The war events, where is the battle of Troy and the battle of Thrace? We only have Sparta x Hades now?

Old events like Conquest Persian (2015), Ocktoberfest (2012), Pumpkin Hunt (2011 and 2012), Advent Calendar (2012) and Hephaestus Forge (2015) could ever be implemented? What happened to them?

One roulette event per year is fine, two and right on the most special date of the year is at least annoying.

The community wants to see something new.

Well in forge of empires they keep having events at least once per month....
Most of them are sequence of quests with various prizes and if you complete them all you get a big one.....

For example a nice but difficult (as it needed alliance team work) event was the one with Artemisia.....

I assume a management meeting with FoE team for ideas might be good....

But for me personally so many events in FoE is too tiring...

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Let me add a side note: Christmas is not the most important date in the world, as it's strictly related to a religion that doesn't cover 100% of the living people. I'ts a complicated topic and this forum isn't the proper place to talk about it.

DeletedUser2458

However we are not talking about fact it's a Christmas event. We are talking about fact that the event is repeated too many times. I do not understand how this fact is related to Christmas itself.

Let me add a side note: Christmas is not the most important date in the world, as it's strictly related to a religion that doesn't cover 100% of the living people. I'ts a complicated topic and this forum isn't the proper place to talk about it.

Arci.... do not bet on Christmas nowadays is religion and only for Christians as it has been transformed to a marketing period of sales starting even two months earlier than it is supposed to (i.e. shops decorations may start from October) and therefore is celebrated almost all around the world, even in areas where there are no Christians at all (may also see below)

I do not understand how this fact is related to Christmas itself.

Same way like Japanese people celebrating Christmas.....

https://www.whychristmas.com/cultures/japan.shtml

%C3%81rbol-en-forma-de-Godzilla.jpg

Apart from joke part , Thassos is right.... the thing is the repetition of the same event over and over again and again.....
I would say that either find new events or type of events or do not repeat them so often...
smiley_emoticons_biggrin.gif

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
You're asking for new events... and you will have the new event really soon, likely next week :)

DeletedUser4364

Hello everyone!

Grepolis is a game in Europe and the Americas. As far as I know, in most of the servers there are events for both Easter and Christmas, which have been adapted for Fundraisers and Winter Event because of different cultures from countries that may not adhere to a particular religion. I believe that to be it.

In the old days we had more easterly events like hunting for presents in the oceans and we also had to feed a chicken with types of rations, all this referred to the Easter Eggs. The same goes for Christmas, in the first events we had hunting of gifts in the oceans and the Advent Calendar, which made a strong reference to Christmas, today both events were kind of extinct and "camouflaged / adapted" so that it could meet the needs of every person, every culture, every server.

Living and learning, so far I had thought that Easter and Christmas were very present in your cultures and commemorative dates, perhaps you know by another name or even do not adhere to it, unlike us in the Americas.

I really did not want to get into religion because we would never reach a conclusion. My excitement was about the Christmas Event (end of the year) because it is simply the most annoying event, and should be one of the coolest because of the magnitude that the date represents for the vast majority. In my view this event needs to be totally redone from scratch, detach from the idea of roulette, why do we have this event on the Wheel of Time of Nature. Make no mistake, I like roulette, but not for an event like Christmas. I would support the return of the Advent calendar or adapt to a recipes event (the ingredients could be Christmas decorations such as balls, stars, lights, snowmen, among other things) or simply something new about events.

Arci, you said that a week ago we will have a new event, so a question arose in my head. I know that events happen on the beta server long before they are implemented on other servers, I believe that the Halloween Event has already finished on the beta server, but at least in Brazil it will last another 15 days. So I ask you: are we going to have an event that will be announced in the beta or will it be a side event along with Halloween as well as the Demeter Event and Valentine's Day simultaneously. Which of the options?

In advance, could you tell us a bit more about this event? What is the theme of it? Is it a new event with a new genre? Why do we have random events, revenue, war, roulette, and target shooting? Demeter and Halloween & Trojan Battle and Sparta vs. Hades are pretty much the same event only changes the layout, but the idea is the same for both. Will we have a new event or will we have an adaptation? Any information you can give us will be excellent. Is it this time that we will have Telemachos as the final reward of the event? It was advertised on DevBlog but so far nothing.

P.S .: It is only winter event for those who live in the northern hemisphere, for example here in the southern hemisphere where Brazil is, during that time it is very hot (summer).

Regards,
Jvsdc01
Brazilian Team

DeletedUser

Is already Christmas again..
smiley_emoticons_panik4.gif

How time passes..
smiley_emoticons_grin.gif

regards
Geisti

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
I like your curiosity @jvsdc01br but unfortunately I can't share so many info yet...however, I think the announcement (and the event) will come really soon ^^

DeletedUser

however, I think the announcement (and the event) will come really soon ^^
There are still 2 months to Christmas..now talking about a Christmas Event..I find a little heavy..
smiley_emoticons_flucht2.gif
smiley_emoticons_irre4.gif

regards
Geisti