Not a Bug/Cannot reproduce Date of attack arrival is wrong

Poitin

Divine Envoy
Ingame Nick:
Affected world:
zz6
laptop
Browser:Firefox

Detailed error description (What you see): travel time is +36 hours, date of arrival says 17/03
How it should be: date of arrival should be 11/03

Screenshot:
919ec60776bd2ce6d72b2ccfb68ef786.png

Date is correct mate.....
This is not a bug....
The script you are referring to is using the american date/time display....

YEAR/MONTH/DATE....

Also keep in mind here is for game bugs... not for issues caused by 3rd party apps i.e. scripts...

smiley_emoticons_freu-dance.gif
smiley_emoticons_saufen.gif

Poitin

Divine Envoy
yes you are right, of course, being belgian, we write it 11/03/17
smiley_emoticons_wallbash.gif

the other issue doesnt matter, I could have posted the grepo report, it showed the same, of course ...

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Thanks @galanoulis, that's indeed the answer :)

To be honest the american date format sometimes is tricky to me too eheh

Thanks anyways @Poitin on finding the time to report it, we really appreciate ^^

Also keep in mind here is for game bugs... not for issues caused by 3rd party apps i.e. scripts...

The issue is not caused by 3rd party scripts but by the usage of up to three different date (and time) formats in the game itself. Just compare the server time format to the date format in Alliance -> Overview -> Events - and there are quite a lot of those inconsistencies in the game.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Oh, could you please list them all? So we can get rid of the inconsistencies.

You make jokes, don't you?

We have in Germany a thread to collect all the textbugs in the game and everybody can write in there. I think, that will be a good way to do it here as well ;)

As soon as I have found someone who is doing my job without compensation. It´s not so easy when you are not in the games industry...^^

---

Jokes aside... I have already given you two examples above. Here are some more:

Server time: Time xx:xx:xx followed by date dd/mm/yyyy
Alliance events/overviews: Date yy/mm/dd followed by time xx:xx
Application overview, Alliance forum: Date yyyy/mm/dd followed by time xx:xx
Duration of the advisors: Date dd.mm.yyyy
Descriptions/settings (e.g. vacation mode): Three different formats on one page: "June 2, 2011 at 11:59:59 pm UTC" but "Your registration date: yyyy/mm/dd" but "yy/mm/dd" in the vacation overview.

Additionally there are several cases where no date is stated but words like "today" or "tomorrow" are used (arrival times, building completion time and date in the senate, completion of recruiting orders etc...) and the time format is xx:xx or xx:xx:xx...

There are many more places in the game where date or time are stated, I cannot think of them all ad hoc. In most language versions the date formats have been customized properly. The English/international version of Grepolis, however, is a wild mixture of different time and date formats, and that´s what makes it so "tricky".

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
I wasn't joking, if I look only by myself I may miss something, if we're three doing the same hunt we can find even more inconsistencies and I can provide to the devs the full list.
This means less time to report the problem -> less time before it gets fixed.
We're everyone on the same team guys ;)

Thank you Draba!!