Comments on New Beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

What about the gold that I paid actual cash money for and still have? Will that be "reset" too?

Also, can vacation mode be turned off? There are not many targets to go out in a blaze of glory against. Most of the people near me are on vacation or are ghosts (which for some reason can no longer be attacked).

Anaximander (D)

DeletedUser

Any gold currently on your account will remain on your account.

And after the reset, everyone will be starting over, so anyone currently in vacation mode, will no longer be in vacation mode.

DeletedUser

Does anyone think the world will get to it's max this time round?

DeletedUser

what i dont understand is people complaining about the server being reseted. Also why pay money for a server that is going to reset? I welcome the reset.:pro:

DeletedUser

what i dont understand is people complaining about the server being reseted. Also why pay money for a server that is going to reset? I welcome the reset.:pro:

Personally, I thought it was already reseted when they made the announcement.

It doesn't make a difference to me, because I just signed up yesterday, reading the announcement.

DeletedUser

Personally, I thought it was already reseted when they made the announcement.

It doesn't make a difference to me, because I just signed up yesterday, reading the announcement.

same here, 24 hours lost, not a big deal!

DeletedUser

I take it server speed will be staying the same with the reset ?

DeletedUser

why cant we be rewarded with "some gold" in our regular accounts,
don't get me wrong, it is nice to have gold here, but ultimately this is to help the devs( which I am glad to do)

It would be nice if we get even a few gold coins in our regular accounts

DeletedUser

Sorry. That is just not going to happen. Players from all language servers have been invited to help with the testing of Grepolis. If you cannot see yourself playing without a large reward, then it's best you not be a tester.

DeletedUser

Sorry. That is just not going to happen. Players from all language servers have been invited to help with the testing of Grepolis. If you cannot see yourself playing without a large reward, then it's best you not be a tester.

hehehe cool down

as I already said, I am glad to help

was only suggesting.............

cheers

DeletedUser

Betsy, you said within a week it be reseted do you have a clue what day that will be?

DeletedUser

We don't have an exact date for the server reset. Betsy stated "this server will be reset before next Thursday." It depends on when Inno can get on here to reset the server.

DeletedUser

what i dont understand is people complaining about the server being reseted.

I'm not complaining, I just want value for the money I put in. Speaking of which, what about the advisors I've paid for that should be in effect after the reset? Do I start with them already activated? Do I get a discount reactivating them? I realize the "bounty of the gods" compensates for that sort of thing but I'd suggest that in the future there be a two week warning before a reset.

. . . Also why pay money for a server that is going to reset?

Paying to play is a good thing because it:
1) helps to support the game;
2) allows faster expansion;
3) is not expensive compared to, say, going out to a movie;
4) is modular - you can pay for the features you want and not for those you don't;
5) is not so much of an advantage that it makes it impossible to compete without.

Anaximander

DeletedUser

The gold is only for your beta accounts.

Yea, there are players that have worked hard in this server to play actively and grow, but everyone knew beforehand that this server was subject to reset at any time. The risk was always there when you joined.

beta account as in test server or ACTUAL BETA

FIRST POST ON THIS FORUM EVAR

DeletedUser

Any gold currently on your account will remain on your account.

And after the reset, everyone will be starting over, so anyone currently in vacation mode, will no longer be in vacation mode.

what about the gold I invested in the world by using premium, all of which I'm just going to loose like that *snap*.

Losing a city or quiting the game is one thing, but having the world restart is another. a full gold refund (and only gold, i'm not talking refunding real money) would be a normal thing to do IMO, and of course, only for the BETA world (no transfering that gold to official worlds)

I'm sure there's a log somewhere where you can see when and how much gold a player has used up.

Paying to play is a good thing because it:
1) helps to support the game;
2) allows faster expansion;
4) is modular - you can pay for the features you want and not for those you don't;
5) is not so much of an advantage that it makes it impossible to compete without.

Anaximander

1) True
2) True
3) not so true in the long run (and if you only go out to a movie once in a while), and depending how much gold you consumate...(e.g. using it a lot for buildings, which IMO is stupid, since a city itself is something you can lose, and thus losing money)
4) true...
5) not so true either, but it's the whole point of premium.

and that's just a stupid thing to say. I've been playing for months, and I currently have 16 cities. You'd be a little pissed too if you lost that, don't deny that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Paying to play:

3) not so true in the long run (and if you only go out to a movie once in a while), and depending how much gold you consumate...(e.g. using it a lot for buildings, which IMO is stupid, since a city itself is something you can lose, and thus losing money) . . . .
5) not so true either, but it's the whole point of premium.

3) a movie + popcorn & drink = ~3000 gold and lasts 2 hours. I bought gold months ago and haven't used it up yet.
5) if you are clever you can take poleis from players that have built them up using premium, trick them into attacking you at a disadvantage, etc. Besides, I said "impossible", not "harder".

Anaximander

Status
Not open for further replies.