Comments on New Beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Please post all comments on the new direction that this Server is taking in this thread.

DeletedUser

That is realy shitty, you build up an account to top 25 after being hammered, put in all the time and work and then you have to start over again.

DeletedUser

It is only a beta server - play the real worlds if you want permanent accounts.

DeletedUser

gold

That is realy shitty, you build up an account to top 25 after being hammered, put in all the time and work and then you have to start over again.

Well, the test server is not for playing. Your rank really doesn't matter. We are here to test, not play.

On another note, we are getting gold for testing. I assume that this gold should be going to our "real" account rather than the test account. Especially considering that the test server will likely be randomly reset and such for testing purposes. But as far as I can tell, the two accounts are not linked in any way. How will you be getting the gold to our "real" accounts?

DeletedUser

As I understand it, the gold goes to our beta account. Which isn't what I'd prefer, but oh well. In other news, I guess it's time to go suicide bomber on this world.

DeletedUser

The gold is only for your beta accounts.

Yea, there are players that have worked hard in this server to play actively and grow, but everyone knew beforehand that this server was subject to reset at any time. The risk was always there when you joined.

DeletedUser

Well, that's rather pointless. That kinda defeats the purpose of coming here to test to get gold. I want gold on my main account, not on a test account that will get reset randomly. Basically, the gold is made worthless. You use it, then POOF, they reset. If the gold is put on your main account, at least it's worth it.

DeletedUser

As stated by Zeus in another thread:

The gold you receive allows you to activate the options that you need the most and to test out the features both with and without premium activated. This is intentional as if an error occurs that does not effect people with premium activated we won't pick it up if you have the premium activated.

The gold is to help with testing purposes. I'm pretty happy that they are willing to just give us gold here to use. They could easily not give players any gold.

The purpose of this server isn't to test and be awarded with gold. If you're here in the beta server, you should have the intention of helping Innogames identify and fix any problems from updates and to assist in the progression and development of Grepolis for the future.

DeletedUser

Well, that's rather pointless. That kinda defeats the purpose of coming here to test to get gold. I want gold on my main account, not on a test account that will get reset randomly. Basically, the gold is made worthless. You use it, then POOF, they reset. If the gold is put on your main account, at least it's worth it.

I believe you could request to have it transfered to your main account. I think I saw they did it at one point

DeletedUser

As stated by Zeus in another thread:

The gold is to help with testing purposes. I'm pretty happy that they are willing to just give us gold here to use. They could easily not give players any gold.

The purpose of this server isn't to test and be awarded with gold. If you're here in the beta server, you should have the intention of helping Innogames identify and fix any problems from updates and to assist in the progression and development of Grepolis for the future.

I had every intention of helping them test. And why do you think they are now advertising on all the servers that they are giving you gold to test? They are certainly not saying that the gold is only for your test account in their ads. They are trying to lure more people into doing their testing for free by giving them gold (which is just a figment as soon as they reset).

For some people with lots of time and nothing else to do, I'm sure that's fine. For me, I want something for my time. And giving me gold on a test server that disappears is not worth my time. If it was gold for my real account then it would be worth it.

DeletedUser

Sure, Inno wants to draw players to the beta. This is a test server that hasn't been properly utilized since Grepolis' early months. They want players to play here and giving some gold for this server will help players develop.

If you don't have time to play this server, then don't play it. It's a personal choice to help with testing. Originally, we never received any gold for testing on this server, so actually receiving free gold on our accounts now is nice.

DeletedUser

Wow, why the hell am I testing if I don't even get gold in return :/

DeletedUser

It was fun while it lasted 8 cities later i enjoyed playing on this server more than i do in the real worlds may i add a suggestion that animated battles like caesory be implemented ?? that would be nice an attract alot more people since this is a beta server wouldnt hurt to try out.

DeletedUser

Yeah well... The only reason half these people came from the proper server was because (like me) they thought they were getting 300 gold in return monthly -_-

DeletedUser

Just to clear things up this is the 2nd time the server has reset. It was also reset in december. It must be annoying for the person who has got 680,000 points. The prizes given better be good

Status
Not open for further replies.