Not a Bug/Cannot reproduce Aegean Battleships: "Scout" shoot

Ingame Nick: Galanoulis
Affected world(s): zz2
Browser: Chrome
Reproduction steps:
  1. . just be lucky enough to hit the square where the "scout" is hidding
Detailed error description (What you see):
According to the description of the "Scout" prize, once you hit it you are able to unhide the prizes of two boxes prior hitting them.
But this is only in theory as practically seems that in the two hits you are suuposed to take, it also counts the one which gave the scout gift , ending up to have only one shot to try and unhide the content of another box

For example in the attached screenshot I hit the red box and it unrevealed the scout gift.... which aftewards allowed me ONLY one shot regardless that the help text says two!!!

How it should be:
It should not count the first shot that gifted the scout and once you get it you should be able to strike two more boxes and not just one (to see the content)

Screenshot:

lKmkXHLoTbWNBN1j0OKanQ.png

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
As I can see from this screenshot you have scouted two spots, which is exactly what you underlined.

The first shot that granted you the Scout power is not counted obviously.

As I can see from this screenshot you have scouted two spots, which is exactly what you underlined.

The first shot that granted you the Scout power is not counted obviously.

Nope..... please read a bit more carefully my description.
The slot prize is supposed to be the "Scout" i.e. the ability to see what is inside the 2 slots you will select
As I said... I hit the slot in red.... the scout prize was given and I was able to select just 1 slot and not 2 as in the description of the gift.

Because when you say to someone now "choose 2 spots" you mean 2 new spots(!!!) and not just one extra form the one that was just selected.

Unless we are too slow to the "immediately" and we lost the chance and we were left with just one more spot.

To make long story short..... action (result) is not what is described. So either we have to indeed select 2 spots or text should read "choose 1 extra spot" or "choose 1 more spot"

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
As I said... I hit the slot in red.... the scout prize was given and I was able to select just 1 slot and not 2 as in the description of the gift.

When you receive the Scout power, that spot on the grid doesn't have any other reward, so this shouldn't be possible as that would mean that there are 2 powers in the same spot.

When you hit the spot in red, you already had the Scout power obtained from the previous shot.

When you hit the spot in red, you already had the Scout power obtained from the previous shot.

No... that is what I am trying to explain.... I was shooting in sequence as you can see... one next to the other... and when I hit that red spot.... it directly gave me the 1st "shot" of the scout !!! allowing me afterwards to select only one other spot to check what is hidden behind....

That is what I recall and that is why I reported it immediatelly....

but then again if you checked the logs and there is no issue I might had just forgot my memory pills... :):)

malgai

Hera
I read it and that's why I answered. You said that the red box was automatically selected because that was the box where you found the scout prize? that can't be true because in that box the prize is not the scout, but the improved defense. whcih means you already selected this one and the other one. in total two.

I read it and that's why I answered. You said that the red box was automatically selected because that was the box where you found the scout prize? that can't be true because in that box the prize is not the scout, but the improved defense. whcih means you already selected this one and the other one. in total two.

And most probably because my description is different from what you and I were expected... I mentioned it as a bug....
Other wise is it was like you were saying... this post would not have been here and I would not have been wasting my time telling the obvious,.... but we could both spend it in a more productive way....

Quite early in the event I got the same impression that caused @galanoulis´ report - or so I would guess. That´s why I paid special attention to that alleged "issue" afterwards, and maybe I can come up with an explanation:

When you hit the spot where the scout function is hidden, you don´t receive a reward for your event inventory, and instead the scout icon is being highlighted, indicating that your next two "shots" will be scouting missions.

When you hit the scout function with the same shot that sunk a battle ship, a small window will open to inform you that you got the sink reward, overlaying the scout animation, and you might not even notice that the same shot has activated the scout function as well. In such cases it might take you by surprise that your next shots provide scouting information.

I might be mistaken, since I could not reproduce the issue after that initial experience, but I think that´s what might have happened here.

@Draba Aspera
Well because I had the same impression, that is why I saved the shoots of a day or two in order to be able to open all slots and confirm my theory... and no I do not recall getting any warning about hitting the scout or seen any sign of scout been activated until I "wasted" my first scout shoot....
And that is why I smell a bug on the scout... and made the report.... because my first scout shoot got wasted as if it was a normal shoot when it should not.
The only way to check this was to shoot in a sequence so as to keep track... (and make sure you had enough ammo to do so!!)

Well I do not think we will face this issue again as devs found a way to resolve it....
Now when you hit the slot where the scout prize is hidden..... you get a yellow flashing frame....

aSxBFKgBT2anI6SQwFgquQ.png

much much better!!!