Ways to stop Manipulation

DeletedUser

Hi there guys,

This is my first post, i do have a suggestion as I am tired of new worlds being taken up by players finishing WW and then going on to the next world that opens and dominating that. (Myself included)

I would suggest that Inno bring out a tier system of worlds.

To gain access to the next tier they must have completed WW and have gained a set amount of BP.

Players who do not want to expand to next tier would have the ability to reset once.

This would enable new players to experience the game fully without being rimmed cos they do not have the experience.

The tier system would then become more experience led.

This is just an acorn of an idea and needs expanding on more

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Viv

DeletedUser

Thank you for the opinion. Everything is forwarded to game designers.

Hi there guys,

This is my first post, i do have a suggestion as I am tired of new worlds being taken up by players finishing WW and then going on to the next world that opens and dominating that. (Myself included)

I would suggest that Inno bring out a tier system of worlds.

To gain access to the next tier they must have completed WW and have gained a set amount of BP.

Players who do not want to expand to next tier would have the ability to reset once.

This would enable new players to experience the game fully without being rimmed cos they do not have the experience.

The tier system would then become more experience led.

This is just an acorn of an idea and needs expanding on more

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Viv

InnoGames had already made an approach into this direction with the so called "hero worlds" (which have nothing to do with the new hero feature):

http://wiki.en.grepolis.com/wiki/Hero_Worlds

As you can see, those worlds are roughly following your proposal since you have to fulfill certain requirements to gain access. However, and for a number of reasons, those hero worlds have not attracted as many players as hoped for, and I doubt that InnoGames will expand the experiment.

DeletedUser

Many communities have Hyperborea, a non-conquest world, where new players can go to learn more about the game without being conquered. In this world you can only expand through colonizing since you can't conquer other player's cities.

DeletedUser3466

However, and for a number of reasons, those hero worlds have not attracted as many players as hoped for, and I doubt that InnoGames will expand the experiment.

This is true, but that is because they failed in making hero worlds more attractive than regular worlds. There are a bunch of cool features, but you can't expect a group of players who just got done playing or are still playing an intense war game with a purpose (World Wonders) to want to join a world with no end game. If there was a cooler, alternate end game to hero worlds, I'm sure they would be MUCH more popular, as well as if they made the Heroic Tactician award much harder to get.

DeletedUser

a problem with this is, its almost forcing new players to learn by themselves, with no experienced players in the mix they dont have anyone to learn from. It would also cause problems with premades, if some of the players were in different tiers they wouldnt be able to play with each other. unless they created new accounts. i think Inno should just invest in making a tutorial before new players join a world, this offering several different scenarios that the new player can use to get used to the game and how it plays

DeletedUser

The tutorial is actually quite well done, and if you add the wiki to the mix, there is no reason why someone who WANTS to learn how to play should not be able to.

DeletedUser

The tutorial is actually quite well done, and if you add the wiki to the mix, there is no reason why someone who WANTS to learn how to play should not be able to.
Then you for the kind words :)

Everything can be subject for rework if there are many players asking for it as we listen to the feedback we receive.