Visible World Wonder donations

According to your announcement last Wednesday, you

... decided to release the feature here on beta in order to let you test it since the first stage during its development process.

And indeed the feature shows many signs of still being "in the first stage of its development", even if testing is difficult with a very limited number of players having access to the feature at all, and with no Beta game world in its "hot" WW phase at the moment.

Now, to my great suprise and confusion, I have found the new and unfinished WW donation overviews to be part of the changelog 2.123 as published these days on the live worlds (and I do hope that this is just a mistake):

An overview of all members' donations towards an alliance's World Wonder has been added.
  • When clicking on the respective World Wonder, you now have the opportunity to find a list of all alliance members' donations towards this Wonder.
  • This view is currently only available for founders and leaders, but we already plan to include this feature in the rights' management of the alliance.
  • The donation overview contains a search field which enables you to jump to a certain member and ranks members according to how much they contributed

The donation overview does not contain a search field, btw, and it does not allow us to jump to a certain member (and the account names in the overview are not clickable).

The drop down menu/filter for the wonders owned by the own alliance shows the plural of the wonders´ name, e.g. "colossuses" (ouch!), pyramids, statues of Zeus, etc... which is nonsense, since every alliance can build only one wonder of each type.

Many alliance leaders I have been talking to did not even find the new icon leading to the new overviews at first go. And they found it strange that the overviews can only be accessed via "Alliance" - "World Wonders", and not via "Ranking" - "World Wonders" (while the regular donation window is accessible in both ways).

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
And indeed the feature shows many signs of still being "in the first stage of its development", even if testing is difficult with a very limited number of players having access to the feature at all, and with no Beta game world in its "hot" WW phase at the moment.

Releasing new contents is not alway that easy as it seems, it's not just code, test and deploy.
Some players wants more and more updates, so we should publish new stuff from earlier stages they can see the changes.
Some other players wants that everything works, so we should publish new stuff only after it's complete, or at least close to.
Finding a common point is quite impossible, according to everyone's opinion.

The main structure seems to work (donations overview), so we don't see anything bad on deploying it on live servers too.

The donation overview does not contain a search field, btw, and it does not allow us to jump to a certain member (and the account names in the overview are not clickable).
Yes, this was just a mistake on adding that log on the changelog, it will probably be released on the next one.

The drop down menu/filter for the wonders owned by the own alliance shows the plural of the wonders´ name, e.g. "colossuses" (ouch!), pyramids, statues of Zeus, etc... which is nonsense, since every alliance can build only one wonder of each type.
This is a good point, I'll ask about that.

Many alliance leaders I have been talking to did not even find the new icon leading to the new overviews at first go. And they found it strange that the overviews can only be accessed via "Alliance" - "World Wonders", and not via "Ranking" - "World Wonders" (while the regular donation window is accessible in both ways).
Same as above.

As always, thanks a lot for your detailed feedbacks, we really appreciate to see your posts around here :)

You are welcome... :)

---

Well, I have even more...^^

When clicking on the donation overview icon of a specific wonder, I would expect to land on the overview for that specific wonder, and not on "all wonders".

By the way - on good old Sandbox we have several wonders stuck on different levels, but since there have not been any donations since last Wednesday, the drop down menu does not work, and there is only the "all wonders" overview. Not much harm done, since the other overviews would be empty as well, but I don´t know whether it is intended that wonders are only visible in the list after donations have arrived there.

---

Regarding this morning´s "daily change":

WW donation tab showed NaN when no donation were done.

Sorry, that´s still the case. As soon as the first donation has reached the first wonder, the value in the overviews will change to 0 % (for all non-contributing members), but before the first donation has arrived in a wonder, it is still NaN % for all members.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Now I can confirm that most of your suggestions are already on the backlog, we'll hopefully see those with the upcoming updates. ;)