Update 2.53 feedback thread

DeletedUser

Please let us know what do you think about the changes made with the newest patch.

DeletedUser

I love it that you repaired the drag & drop of the reports.
And also the fix of the bug with the attack-planner (they were very annoying ones).

But I didn't have the change to test it, because I don't have a lot of reports/attacks yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
As we have noticed, this issue

http://forum.beta.grepolis.com/project.php?issueid=1815

also has been fixed with update 2.53 although it is not mentioned in the release note.

---

Last night´s addition to the release note is a bit confusing:

- Changed the way how recruit and build time bonuses are applied to the game, in order to avoid unfair situations where players can instant recruit units. They are now multiplied instead of being added.

Since I hope that this is not exactly true (^^), I would appreciate further explanation or even sample calculations concerning the new behaviour. With the game now drowning in a flood of boni from island quests, heroes and events, predictable and sometimes unpredictable accumulative effects have become an Achilles´ heel of the game, and thus this issue might be worth some additional observation.

Last edited:

Slietie

Hydra
Since I hope that this is not exactly true (^^), I would appreciate further explanation or even sample calculations concerning the new behaviour.
I have tested it yesterday and the results were as follows:
Let's say some troops need 4 minutes (00:04:00) to be build without any bonus.
With 50% bonus it will be done in 4 min * 0,5 = 2 min.
With 50% bonus and 20% bonus it will be done in 4 min * 0,5 * 0,8 = 1 min 36 sec.
With 50% bonus and 20% bonus and 30% bonus it will be done in 4 min * 0,5 * 0,8 * 0,7= 1 min 7 sec.

DeletedUser1914

With 50% bonus and 20% bonus it will be done in 4 min * 0,5 * 0,8 = 1 min 36 sec.
With 50% bonus and 20% bonus and 30% bonus it will be done in 4 min * 0,5 * 0,8 * 0,7= 1 min 7 sec.

Than what was the recruit time before this update ( if you used the 50% + 20% + 30% bonus)?

Well, the result was an almost instant recruiting (one second per unit), to the amusement of those who had found out (and to the annoyance of their enemies). As I said above, some accumulative effects had not been taken into account by the devs/game designers when they decided to suffocate the game with boni, and the effect described above could be reached even without the heroes that will reduce the recruitment times of some units even further.

---

Thank you, Slietie!

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Slieties calculation is correct.

Before, it was like this:
50% count as 0,5 and are substracted from 1,0.
So a bons of 50% resulted in 0,5 (50%) of the original value.

50% + 30% + 20% resulted in 0,0 -> instant build time.

The new calculation (multiplicative) will reduce the benefit from stacking multiple effects.

DeletedUser1914

We have now these bonusses to travel:
15% lighthouse
10% cartography
30% Improved movement
30% Atlanta

But how do you calculate your travel time? Is it 0,85 * 0,90 * 0,70 * 0,70?
Or that like this: 1 - 0,30 - 0,30 - 0,15 - 0,10?