Troop Spell Warning

DeletedUser

Hello, I tell you today that recently I have placed a few troop spells on my city. Back when I used to play grepolis, troop spells (non instantaneous, ex. 4 slingers over 10 hours) could put you in negative population. I recently found out though that the spells no longer put you in negative population but do not affect the city on which they are placed upon. I could only imagine what other players have gone through with this and I think that if at any point that your population would not be able to support more troops that the game tells you this. There is currently a warning on mobile when resources would be wasted from farming villages, this idea would be modeled after this but would just tell you that your city would be unable to hold all the troops from the spell.
Thanks!
Chris0

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hello, I tell you today that recently I have placed a few troop spells on my city. Back when I used to play grepolis, troop spells could put you in negative population. I recently found out though that the spells no longer put you in negative population but do not affect the city on which they are placed upon. I could only imagine what other players have gone through with this and I think that if at any point that your population would not be able to support more troops that the game tells you this. There is currently a warning on mobile when resources would be wasted from farming villages, this idea would be modeled after this but would just tell you that your city would be unable to hold all the troops from the spell.
Thanks!
Chris0

I suspect you did not cast a spell that creates instant unit but a generator that creates units over time. Like 4 swordsmen per hour over 5 hours. Those spells do check population limits.

DeletedUser

@ dev grepo

im sorry sir but they dont. if your pop will go below zero during the spell (even if you do nothing else) the spell will still go and you will lose the troops. its not to much of a problem though. it makes players think and plan which isnt a bad thing. :)

DeletedUser

Yes i should probably make it clear that I do not mean instantaneous troops.