**Suggestions** - New City Overview

DeletedUser

So, since the last update you now see which buildings are under upgrade and you can also do it directly from the city view, not needing to enter the senate.

How do you like that? I must say I hate it, it makes the city view crowded and unpleasant to look at. besides, I never liked being able to upgrade on city view even on grepolis 1.

DeletedUser

They made some updates. Check out the city overview. You can now build directly on that screen without calling up the Senate. If you don't have enough resources, it will show you what you need.

The tutorial now goes all the way to page 13. If you go to the end of the tutorial then click to start it again, at a farm, it will just go to page 13.

There may be other changes as well.

DeletedUser

well its a bit oversized and my Cs does no longer fit in^^
newcityoverview.png

i never build this way if you absolutely have to keep it in such an oversized way than at least add an option to completely hide it

could you have not left all this in the old sidebar of the city overview but now as an detached window than can be hidden
e.g.
sidebarexpanded.png

--
sidebarminimized.png

DeletedUser1040

This update is not beautiful, it's ugly graphically. I hope it will be removed.

I am in favour of scaffolding in buildings;)

DeletedUser

Ugly and impractical. Give us our beloved sidebar back! Made for MUCH better overview!
The whole UI for 2.0 is bad if you ask me, not a single new feature, just a lot more impractical and fiddly. Why have all the pop-ups when the base-window doesn't even refresh itself at all? Big FAIL.

Why destroy a UI that at least worked for something that doesn't give anything new or improved. Just a lot more work and CPU-utilization for the same functions that could fit into the same window with good visibility?
The whole UI for 2.0 is absolute shite if you ask me. Wonders and the new farming system, sure, Hades is another Red Herring, offering nothing of importance, but thats fine. The actual UI has nothing whatsoever to offer though.
You do understand that most people these days work on WIDE-screen computers? Stop putting stuff in the top bar and use the width of the de-facto standard 1366x768 which has replaced the old 1024x768 standard! And for people on netbooks and smartphones, which, face it, you have to adapt for since they make up a fairly large part of your customer-base, have even less vertical pixels while maintaining a decent horizontal.
Why the pop-up windows at all? It's not like you can see the map at the bottom at all anyway and it won't even refresh itself.

Another gripe that might just be the test-server is what has happened to the map, no overview, which is complete bogus that will drive every self-respecting player to use illegal scripts to get it back (just saying), and what, two-three real islands and then hours to get to the next island? WITH the extreme speed of the server... Am I to understand that in upcoming versions there will be a gap between every three islands that is impassable with colony ship? Or did I just start up in the middle of nowhere?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Right, good observation. However, only one server beta test, and then there are still too many bugs and then right and still the map see evil. However, this leads to use illegal script does not seem right. Also you are right for mobile phones.

DeletedUser

well, you most likely did not see it but there are some map overview features as html comment, so i would assume that they work on it

DeletedUser

I disagree with the profanity in this post, there is no need for profanity, it will just make people think less of your views.

DeletedUser

I live in a country with a lot more liberal views on language. Here they use what you call severe profanity on the evening news, regularly. Sweden.
Not used to pussyfooting around Christian hysterics... ;) Sorry!

(For more information on Sweden please visit: http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=44379 )

DeletedUser

Wow, 10 new things I just learned about Sweden ;)

I'm not a fan of the new UI either, mainly because I multitab a lot. Multitabbing in this version however causes even more refresh issues than with only one tab open, along with some other disturbancies.

I like the speed of the map though, it's lightyears faster than the old one. Although it still contains some major glitches.

I don't use the city overview. Ever. For anything. So I wouldn't really care if there were Teletubbies and Mickey Mouse running across the screen, as I wouldn't see them.

DeletedUser

well its a bit oversized and my Cs does no longer fit in^^
newcityoverview.png

i never build this way if you absolutely have to keep it in such an oversized way than at least add an option to completely hide it

could you have not left all this in the old sidebar of the city overview but now as an detached window than can be hidden
e.g.
sidebarexpanded.png

--
sidebarminimized.png

IT'S the same like i wish to say, pleae give us our sidbar back.

And the mainwindow has to refresh itself.

For example if you have an new Thing in the forum you have to reload you by hand becouse the main windows doesn't refresh it so that you see the hole time ne marker for a new thing in the forum.

DeletedUser

If you go to the Settings page of the ingame menu, under the "Player Settings" tab, you will see the option to turn off this feature.

DeletedUser

With this side bar is not only the unit overview that you have in town meaning.

I mean everything: The movent of your troups the attacks from your town or to your twon, the troops that you have currently in your town, the trads from your town or to your town...

everthing, that belongs the town your have curently selcted.

DeletedUser

Not this graphic!!

I HATE THE NEW GRAPHIC!!! ITS WORSE!!!! The cityoverview from the old version is 1000x better!!!

DeletedUser

City Overview

I think there should be an option in "settings" to control if City overview pops up when you change cities or not.

saves a click an makes more sense when you have a lot of cities and you have to change permanently.

DeletedUser

There is. Make sure both boxes are unchecked in the City Overview portion of your Settings page.

DeletedUser

hmm been looking around and I see nowhere to find the old functions from the city overview screen of being able to see what attacks are outgoing or incoming to your city, cast on those attacks, and see the exact times of the attacks arrivals.... makes absolutely no sense to me why these functions would not be included at this point....

DeletedUser

they are included cast and units where added to a sidebar again only missing in the sidebar are the movements, but they can be found in the header when hovering the sword with the green arrow

DeletedUser

Cast and units sidebar was not what I meant. Movements are on the top bar I know but you cannot get from this an exact time, which includes seconds; You cannot cast spells such as favorable wind, hero, helm of invisibility, desire, storm, zeus's rage; and you cannot see incoming support and attack waves to conquests...

DeletedUser

click on the symbol in front of an attack/support, the same for conquest will open the attack/conquest window with the same functions as pre 2.0