some more indepth questions for our developers

DeletedUser

1. I asked about in another thread but I come back with it: we need the in game help working in order to plan our development. For example I am heading for LC blind, without the slightest idea how expensive level 10 academy will be.

2. BTW, how expensive lvl 10 academy really is?

3. looking around the academy I see a few things that need some clearance:

- second tier "Diplomacy" upgrade. I understand it is 20% reduction of farm villages resistance. But that is out of what? For the moment, under 60% mood, there is a big danger already. Would this move this limit where danger pops up lower or just un unknown chance. I mean if the chances between 50% and 60% mood were, let us say, 20% or lower, they will be eliminated or we will have a 20% reduction from 20%, that being about 4% reduction?

- third tier, first option. "Recruit troops in the farm villages" How does it work. You recruit them with your or farms resources. Are they staying there defending or they are moving into your village?

DeletedUser

Recruiting troops:

Just as farming, but instead of attack you say recruit

pre reset, I even got LC which I didn't researched yet from 'farming' troops.

avg was however 5-7 archers or hoplites, if it was LC only 1 or 2 where given.

DeletedUser

no. that aint good. besides, i have already mentioned that one in the first post. you cannot see inside buildings or troops and many other stuff.

Thx mdshare for the farming answer.

I would love our lazy developers to answer those. As far as many things are concerned, we are beta-guessing here not beta-testing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

no. that aint good. besides, i have already mentioned that one in the first post. you cannot see inside buildings or troops and many other stuff.

Thx mdshare for the farming answer.

I would love our lazy developers to answer those. As far as many things are concerned, we are beta-guessing here not beta-testing.

Don't be so harsh on developers :(

Most of the developer/software engineer/programmers I know are not lazy at all. We have to juggle between meetings (the more teams/projects you are on, more meetings you tend to have), meeting your own project deadlines, then answer questions from others. At least around my area, programmers working 10 hours or more a day, often including weekends are not uncommon.

Be kind.... I had to answer questions from clueless customers or marketing people. I've had request from marketing people asking me to make something that seem so trivial, until I tried to explain to the marketing person what he/she was requesting involving rewriting a good portion of the operating system itself, assume I can get the source code to the operating system......

An innocent suggestion from a marketing person, such as "hey, can you make computers fly and dance to music, I heard Windows suppport voice commands with accessibility option"....

That's not hard, right? :) BTW, I was given just 3 days to do that project (it's not the same as I had but in terms of ridiculous degree, but close enough)

Now, I do agree we should get more help files translate to English or add new ones as I and others are simply guessing at this point :(

Get the community manager, marketing people to do those work, not the poor developers :)

DeletedUser

- second tier "Diplomacy" upgrade. I understand it is 20% reduction of farm villages resistance. But that is out of what? For the moment, under 60% mood, there is a big danger already. Would this move this limit where danger pops up lower or just un unknown chance. I mean if the chances between 50% and 60% mood were, let us say, 20% or lower, they will be eliminated or we will have a 20% reduction from 20%, that being about 4% reduction?

Villages are 20% less likely to resist when you loot them. Pretty self explanatory I would think
- third tier, first option. "Recruit troops in the farm villages" How does it work. You recruit them with your or farms resources. Are they staying there defending or they are moving into your village?
Instead of looting resources you get a random assortment of troops of similar value, also not rocket science to figure out. They join your group of soldiers that went to recruit them.

DeletedUser

I believe admin is hard at work translating the German Help Files. Just be patient. It's not as easy as sticking it into Yahoo Babel Fish and posting it up. Not to mention the other million other tiny things they are working on at the same time.

How would you like it if Admin or the devs came on and accused you of being lazy because you never learned German?

DeletedUser

"the developers" is the company building the game not the people building the script. they may be in as well but the job I was asking for is for the marketing/PR part of their team, of course.

Villages are 20% less likely to resist when you loot them. Pretty self explanatory I would think
yup. 20% out of X is very clear indeed.

DeletedUser

The mood is increased somehow by 20%, so with this upgrade I've attacked farms with 40% mood and there were no resist, sometimes it was but very rarely.

You have to send an attack on farming village like you send attacks to loot resources or increase strengths (there will be added third option) and recruited troops are added to your army (you don't spend any resources, but you need to have free farm space for those troops). If you send 15-25 swords (or any other infantry) you're more likely to get 1-2 of infantry. If you send 100 +/- swords (or any other infantry) you're more likely to get up to 8 infantry or 1-2 LC. So the more you send - more you get and the more chance to get better troops. But of course the more you send the more decrease of mood/strengths you will get.

DeletedUser

Handy tharg.

tell me, do you know if:

Holzrechner:
Steinrechner:
Silbertalerrechner:

refers to how much the cost increases by per level?

(...or something else?)