Solid Gold Bug

DeletedUser

here is a bug that has been pissing me off annoying me for a long time

it is the same in a few places but here is an example

you are under attack and dodging
you go to the cave click in the box and type 1000 then click the green tick
don't forget here that you are in a rush to get your cash into the cave before the attack hits (this game is all about timing)

here is what happens

glaringhole.png

i didn't double click to select the zero or i double clicked too far to the right and didn't select it and 01000 goes into the box
easily done

i click the green tick and this is the result

glaringhole2.png

512 silver goes into the cave
the attack hits and the thieving attackers get 488 of my silver i didn't want them to get :angry:

the leading zero has converted my DECIMAL 1000 into OCTAL 1000 which is DECIMAL 512 and put 512 of my hard earned silver into the cave

DOH! javascript 101 error :(

DeletedUser

I've tried to reproduce this in both Opera and IE, and have been unable to. Do you have any add-ons or scripts running in the background?

DeletedUser

simple type in 01000 and than click beside the box and it will convert to decimal, for all those in need of an octal->decimal converter ^^
most other use javascript to delete the 0 when you type in an number behind the leading 0

DeletedUser

sorry i should have said i am using chrome browser
tried it in IE9 and it puts 1000 in the cave
happens every time in chrome

p.s. no scripts or add-ons running

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

that was no suggestion^^
when you type in 01000 click beside the box you get 512, so i just said there is an conversion from octal to decimal, works that way in Firefox and Safari.
and than i said that they should change the script to delete the leading 0 when some other number is typed behind it

DeletedUser

IE and chrome handle parseInt the same way so there must be some code that strips off the leading zero for IE but not for chrome

somehow i have posted this to the suggestion forum
it should be in the bugtracker forum oops
could somebody move it so i can get my GOLD ;)