Fixed Player color assignment

Server:zz2
Browser: Chrome

I think I found a minor bug on players color assignments.
As per my testings issue occurs only on players without alliance.

Assuming we have player A. (who is not a member of an alliance)
For "personal reasons" we want to manually assign a color to his towns so as we can easily locate him on map.
Lets say white...

7dfec5e98bc5415290f3e8a1cb0637e9.png

Now for our reasons we want to reset value to default setting i.e. brown color as player is not a member of any alliance so for sure will not have any diplomacy from alliance level.

So we get in players tab, color settings and we select default button
Please keep in mind that in all screenshots, the town pointed by arrow on map is a town belonging to this player.

b0438d859e184f469530f442cab6e188.png

So we press the default button.
Expected action would be that our color will return to default brown (as player not member of any alliance) and the same will happen on map (town will get brown flag).
But in this case strangely enough player flag color turn to same blue as fellow alliance members

1b4403f18bb24f389eb650a2415a9f09.png

and same does his town flag on map as well as if this player joined our alliance.

In case we hit the Info tab again (so as to refresh tab) or close and open again town properties window then we get below two colors result.....

58b719313a7046c3a3acb4d529c3607b.png

Town flag on map is blue, town flag on town properties window is correctly brown.
Even if you zoom in or out on the island still same.

town flag on map gets brown only with F5 (refresh) of webpage.

Issue does not occur for players inside an alliance, even if this an one man alliance.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
There's something wrong even from the "step 0" of your procedure, I just picked a random player with no alliance, opened the color picker and... the default value was already blue :O

Looks like this is the root cause, what do you think?

FuWRlNh.png

Well looks like it was too late for me and I missed that...
smiley_emoticons_blush-pfeif.gif

but this might be the root cause...
devs are more appropriate to tell us as they have access to the code...
smiley_emoticons_biggrin.gif

and guess what more... if on your screenshot you select the green tick button (while having blue as default color) it actually change player color to blue!!!

and if you go back and press dafault.... it goes blue again....
smiley_emoticons_irre.gif
smiley_emoticons_hust.gif

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
From today's update everything should work again :)

Let us know if you still see some wrong behaviours from the color picker so we can fix them quickly ^^