new revolt based conquest system

DeletedUser

It seems it's a new system for conquering cities.

L.E. "The rebels attempt to gain support during the next twelve hours. After these twelve hours have passed the revolt begins. This revolt lasts another twelve hours. If the original attacker then arrives with a colony ship within the time of the revolt and wins the fight he will take the city."

I'm not very sure if i understand correct: in the first 12 hours we can send support to the "rebels" (sounds like SW ^^), and after that we can send colony ship?

We can send support only in the first 12 hours, or it's possible also after that?

In ~ 4 hours i will have the first answer, but i would like to know more, because i try from yesterday to take a city, and after my colony ship have done 2 free "cruises" to my "target" and back, i thought that our new rebels have something to do about it, and perhaps they like to have fun only with my colony ship. (SH)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

this new system sounds overly complicated and unnecessary when the ability to maintain control of a city during a siege could have just been added.

this new system seem totally unrealistic and if i read the description right can take up to 24 hour to complete.

the current system is good all that needed to be changed is the fact that a player loses control of their city during the siege.

DeletedUser

this new system sounds overly complicated and unnecessary when the ability to maintain control of a city during a siege could have just been added.

this new system seem totally unrealistic and if i read the description right can take up to 24 hour to complete.

the current system is good all that needed to be changed is the fact that a player loses control of their city during the siege.

the current system wasn't perfect either, and needed some updates.

but agreed, this sucks even more :/

DeletedUser

the troops from the agressor do come in as revolt and not as an attack. You can defend yourself against it and destroy them. But as revolt is not considered as being an attack, U cannot use divine powers on them.
So in the future, U send all attacks as revolts. I think there is still some work to do.

DeletedUser

Steps to conquest now?

1. Send troops w/ Revolt?
Q1. Is there a cool down for revolt
q2. how long does revolt last?
q3. Do I kill enemy troops?
q4. Do I destroy walls?
q5. Can I support a Revolt?

2. Send SLOW colonySHIP?
Q6. do it right after revolt, or after X time?

3. Colonyship takes over city after 8 hrs?

Please advise?

DeletedUser

How does the battle/conquer system work?

e: if you use a Colony ship on a city 2h from you it be 2h more h's be4 the 24:00:00 to City foundation comes up

so if it 12h from you it be 48h unto you got the city

DeletedUser

1. Send troops w/ Revolt?
Q1. Is there a cool down for revolt
q2. how long does revolt last?
q3. Do I kill enemy troops?
q4. Do I destroy walls?
q5. Can I support a Revolt?

2. Send SLOW colonySHIP?
Q6. do it right after revolt, or after X time?

3. Colonyship takes over city after 8 hrs?

Please advise?

first attack send clearing troops as revolt, kill troops and break stuff.

i'm not sure what you mean about "cool down", but it takes 12 hours for an "inside" revolt then you have an additional 12 hours for an "outside" revolt to take the city.

you can not support a revolt, DO NOT send support before your colony ship hits only after, it works a bit like a nobleman only you need just the one.

send your colony ship with attack ships as a regular attack it will automatically change to a "city takeover" to hit within 12 hours after the first revolt ends you may need to clear him again so send along more troops as well.

if your target is far away you'll have to time it right, if it lands 12+ hours after the first revolt or it will just come back.

after the initial 12 hours you colony ship will take the city when it hits there is no waiting while your colony ship sits in the enemy port.

DeletedUser

james99g said:
How does the battle/conquer system work?

e: if you use a Colony ship on a city 2h from you it be 2h more h's be4 the 24:00:00 to City foundation comes up

so if it 12h from you it be 48h unto you got the city

it's a minimum 12 hours with the 2 revolts not including travel time