Instant Buy feedback thread

DeletedUser

Since we plan to implement a new feature, please let us know what you think about it here.

Thank you for the information for the new feature and for asking us!
Actually I am playing here on the Beta World only the Revo part and if I or someone else received a revolution I/he/she/it have 12 hours time to react. During this time, I mean the twelve hours; I have to rebuild my wall or to build a tower. Which means, I am not in need to have an instant in building my buildings and I do not need, an expensive instant buy, the half building time reducing is enough for my requirements. During my understanding, we will need in future furthermore a cheaper reducing of building time as well. Could you take care of it?
On the other hand, if I play a speed 1 world, I have not enough resources to make an instant buying again and again. So we come to the question, what will you do with the gold trading?
Do you will introduce it together with these figures to the live worlds?
Due to my opinion, in this case and in future, all small player will not have fun with this game and I have not to be a wise woman to prophesied you, that all the beginners will leave the game before paying one Euro, because of the one or two players, who are able to pay for the win. I will give you an example, let’s say unfortunately I have tried it in TW2 - German Beta and if I am willing to test I am tested only, without paying anything. Two times I have begun and two times, it doesn't need a long time, there was someone with more money and take over my cities.

My grasp of fun is different as to build for other people villages and to loose them several times, without any chance.
Which means due to my understanding if you will change to the instant buying; there is no chance for new player to have a short and cheap look in the game and to have a chance of more than one city before loosing it again.
As second point for the instance buying for units, it is a present for all players with to much money, too.
If you want to attack someone and loose your units, you can create units instantly, attack your opponent again, after this you build the units again, only seconds after the attack and attack him again. Without money you have no chance to win. On the other hand I heard, that it is not possible, to recruiting instantly units, if you would be attacked within the last 5 Minutes. So if you received every 5 Minutes an attack of your City, you have no chance to defend it, have you?
I am really wonder, what is the reason behind this changing.
And the same with the Heroes - you can not heal them, if there is an attack to you. I really do not understand the need of this, because the heroes will do in their own city with and without good health the same. Why should I pay money for nothing? I only need a fresh Heroes for sending attacks and not for defends reasons.
As third step you have not been informed us, that it is also possible, to arrange the instant buy in the academie, isn't it? Can you give us the limitation for this?
As the forth step I wonder really, why you don't informed us for the new prices. It will be better for good discussions, to have an overview, before comment anything for your pricing. Actually I have to say, spending for some reasons 25 Gold, is for the most player possible, to pay a multiple amount of this, is much more difficulty. I suppose, it depends on the customer you wants to have. And this is something, you have to spent a few minutes for thinking. If you want to have a game with full money purse customers, you have first to arrange a game without lags and bugs. The game have to be run much more fluently and the service have to be present, friendly and helpful.

And now we are back for testing reasons in this beta world and in this beta forum:
If I understand right, you kindly asked us, to test this figures for you. So I may ask you, where do I get the gold for this? Should I pay it by myself? Why should I do so? The second test will be the tutorial quests, doesn't it? I would not start on sandbox 2, or let me think by myself, it should be probably possible if you credit my account with enough gold to have a chance to alive the first 3 weeks; and on sandbox and sandbox 3 I already have an active account. So there is no possibility for old beta tester, to test these quests, you are already asked us for. What do you think about starting a new world for test reasons?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

This feature will be implemented on Beta server to also see the feedback. It will help this idea evolve with your suggestions providing great help. Everything is forwarded to my supervisors.
In my opinion, it would be good, if we make this the addition to, not a substitute of current time cut. It would be for players, who want to shorten the time quickly in one step. The prices will be adjusted properly, but I do not have exact values at the moment. I understand and agree with the point in increasing the odds for beginners.
Will we implement this along with gold trading? I think yes, because the gold earned through marketplace was available afterwards for cutting the production times anyway.

Instant buy will also be available for researches.

There is no order to test these features for your own gold. Nobody is obliged to do so, if he thinks the free gold is not enough. We wanted to invite players from other servers as well to participate in it.

We do not plan releasing new world at the moment. Any changes will be announced with advance.

Thank you very much for your feedback,
Geode

DeletedUser

Generally speaking, it would be great if we had all available information concerning new features or changes to basic game mechanics before they are implemented here.
It makes sense to tell us how something is supposed to work, so we can make sure it's doing it right, or not?

Asking for our opinion for new features/changes is a great idea - but that would really make sense if you did it before spending time, money and workpower on developing them. And I'm talking weeks if not months before starting the development phase!

Concerning Instant Buy:

At this time (prior to implementation), we still don't have all information on how it is supposed to work.

The small details that some of us happen to know because of the discussion on the German Forum about things like healing the hero will have instant buy, but both the troop recruitment and hero healing will not be possible in the last 5 minutes of an attack on you - meaning if theoretically someone manages to have attacks coming in every 5 minutes I won't be able to instant buy my troops or healing at all!

All in all I'm very sceptical of this concept - instead of paying 25 Gold for half the time (which might not be ideal but at least it was consistent and easy to understand) you're introducing several very similar but still different concepts.
* Buildings Instant Buy - always available, last 5 minutes for free
* Research Instant Buy - always available
* Recruitment & Hero Healing Instant Buy - not available in the last 5 minutes of an incoming attack

In this thread you've written that you'd like to see this implemented additionally to the 25 Gold/half-the-time-off - something we've been told in the German forum that won't be happening as it would make no sense as it's inconsistent and difficult to understand, so I dont know what to think of that.

I'm tending to think the whole Instant Buy mechanic is inconsistent and difficult to understand!
I mean even experienced players are having difficulties (mostly due to the lack of information) - but it seems that even Inno is having difficulties explaining all the details!
I don't see the sense in changing an established and working game mechanic with something this half-baked. I can only assume, that Inno thinks that it will profit from the change.

DeletedUser

Is it intentional that the build time is no longer shown above the picture in the construction queue?

ooweybau16.jpg

DeletedUser2458

Hi, especially to devs,
keep on mind one important fact, every player dont need orders that can be completed instantly. For example, I dont need colony ship completed instantly, it can be completed in 30 minutes, if I cant wait for full time to build this ship. Hardcore-gold users can still click on button to instant buy, but "normally" player dont have enough money... so, it s making a gap between hardcore gold players and other ones. Please, dont remove halving.

And remember, this is Grepolis!

Regards,
Thass

DeletedUser

it raise cost up to 900%

example:
15 trireme without any boost are finished in 9h15min
15 trireme with two boost are finished in 2h18min and cost 50 gold
15 trireme using instant buy after 2h18min cost 450 gold

Same result (15 trireme in 2h18min) very different cost. I do not think that Innogames can go on squeezing own customers, doing so sooner or later the game will end.

Asking for our opinion for new features/changes is a great idea - but that would really make sense if you did it before spending time, money and workpower on developing them. And I'm talking weeks if not months before starting the development phase!
words of wisdom

DeletedUser

Yes, you can see all details when hovering the items in the queue.

That's a pity, I thought this change was to make things easier... but it seems that this "ease of use" (which is only of interest to people with deep pockets as far as I can see) comes at a cost - to all the other players.

So far, I have seen no prices whatsoever that I would consider attractive enough to actually use the button - and this is speaking as a player that occasionally has spent Gold on speeding things up in normal gameplay.

HBB-1

Medusa
I am an active player on Dutch server and play to win
When a new world starts makes this option it for me impossibile to compeat with other players who have the money to spend

Specially with these excessive prices

Dont get me wrong, i buy gold , but it has to stay in normal proportions.

Give the players, at least the choice to half the building time for 25 gold or instant buy. So "smaller" players do have a chance.

I understand Inno has to make money, but i dont think this is the right way.
Better look for a extra premium function wich more players wil use.

DeletedUser

SARCASM AHEAD!

Taken from the danish forum and i do agree:

Great idea! Finally, we bypass the game's boring basic condition that it is a game over time. Ingeniously of Innogames.

I can not wait for the next awesome gold features. Personally, I love to:
- Instant building villages to level 6
- Instant 100% satisfaction in villages
- Instant colonization
- Instant attack (which we have been waiting for long!)
- Instant support
- Instant Trade
- Instant spionage
- Instant building of wonders
- Instant victory!

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note that you have to mark such remarks as irony, otherwise the game designers will add those points to their list of community suggestions...^^

DeletedUser

>>>>>WARNING: SARCASM AHEAD<<<<<

Perhaps we need to put those things up as suggestions on the German forum... that way the probability of them being implemented in the next few years should be close to zero.

>>>>>END OF SARCASM<<<<<

I am very sorry for this, but it seems, that there is a error in your calculation of the new instant buy prices.

For example:
View attachment 143
I try to build my cave. It needs 5:50 minutes. If I want to do the instant buy, I have to pay 40 Gold. What will I do, I wait 0:50 minutes, and get it for free. If I try to calculation it for pricing, it should not more than: 5:50/ 2 = 2:55 calculated with 25 Gold, which means, 10 seconds should be cost 1 Gold, so the pricing for the instant buy in my example should be not more than 10 Gold.

I have made an second calculation for Sandbox 3 - Speed 3 recruiting
View attachment 144
View attachment 145
You see, if you wait the last 1:29 minutes, and everybody will do so, you have before the instant buy will activated only to pay 250 Gold and the instant buy price in the gold amount of 540 is more than the double. I think, the correct new price should be 200 Gold or perhaps 225 Gold, but not more.

I have a few more examples, but I think this two example are enough, to show you the mistake in the thought. You can not calculate until the last second. For Buildings, you can only calculate, until you are in the 5 Minute area and for units it's near by.

Edit: And now I have had the same price, but the time is cut of by 5 hours, but the Instant Price is exactly the same. It's very strange and should be analyzed.
Look by yourself - Sandbox, Speed 5
View attachment 146

Last edited:

DeletedUser

The problem with the pricing is that if the prices are too high, only the Premium Users with very deep pockets will even consider using Instant Buy.
As prices are lowered more and more people will in theory be able to afford to Instant Buy - if they are willing to actually do so is a totally different question. As this system still greatly benefits those users with the deepest pockets most, I'm guessing that prices would have to drop considerably to make people want to use Instant Buy.

I repeat - so far there have been no instances whatsoever I would even consider taking - by the time the counter has reached a price I might think attractive, the item is so close to completion, I just don't bother. And I don't have the time to sit in front of Grepolis waiting for an interesting offer to show up.
In the past I could set up my lines of tasks, check which of them I want to shorten immediately and then could concentrate on other things. With "Instant Buy" I'm mostly spending my time waiting... not very "instant" at all, if you ask me.

The Free Instant Buy I've used on the lowest of the Wall levels as we found out you no longer have to keep to the order of assigned tasks. I think I managed to make use of it on the building currently being built twice. It's a nice feature but I don't have the time to wait for the short timeslot I can use it turns up.

All in all, "Instant Buy" is

* difficult to understand
* extremely user unfriendly
* depending on the prices will either only or just mainly benefit Premium Users with very deep pockets (they have to click less.. this won't mean they have more money to spend on the game)
* everyone else is at further disadvantage (and will probably spend even less money than before)

Please refrain from implementing this change!

DeletedUser

And now we are back for testing reasons in this beta world and in this beta forum:
If I understand right, you kindly asked us, to test this figures for you. So I may ask you, where do I get the gold for this? Should I pay it by myself? Why should I do so? The second test will be the tutorial quests, doesn't it? I would not start on sandbox 2, or let me think by myself, it should be probably possible if you credit my account with enough gold to have a chance to alive the first 3 weeks; and on sandbox and sandbox 3 I already have an active account. So there is no possibility for old beta tester, to test these quests, you are already asked us for. What do you think about starting a new world for test reasons?

We will have 1000 gold each week given to active players for a month for testing purposes :pro:

DeletedUser

When a new world starts makes this option it for me impossibile to compeat with other players who have the money to spend

Give the players, at least the choice to half the building time for 25 gold or instant buy. So "smaller" players do have a chance.

I agree with giving the players a choice of halving or instant buy. The prices for the instant buy are rather high

DeletedUser

I Soldi...

Oggi purtroppo la Bravura conta poco,solo con i Soldi si va´avanti,peccato.: Pro:

DeletedUser

much, much to expensive.. from 25 gold to 300-500 gold without the half possibilitiy.. no way i will never pay that amount
smiley_emoticons_irre.gif
,,, means the end of cuting times for me

DeletedUser3606

I play with gold, and I think the prices are to high for kids or for fun players so its not fair the competition is all about the gold you can spent.