How to take over a big active player

DeletedUser

A big and very active player, even with only half a brain will be able to duck every single attack he wants to duck.

Base speed of naval attacks with light ships is 13, with triremes is 9, with transportships is 8, colonization is 3, fast transport ships is 15. We can always mix in a transportship to slow everything down. Only the colonization with stick out.

Lighthouse and Cartography make ships 10% faster but that only will make triremes and transportships harder to distinguish.

Let's go through all kinds of attacks and see how you should react:
Speed 13, 11,7 or 10,4 - duck with naval troops - no loss of ressources, no loss of troops, maybe counterattack the attacker with light ships, if scouting proves it's a light ship only city.

speed 9 - duck, only triremes/light ships

speed 8,1 or 7,2 - Might be triremes, might be transportships. This is actually the only difficult decision. Probably best to use athena to scout these and probably block them.

speed 6,4 - Block with triremes - Cheap kills, no naval support

speed 3 - pull together your defense from some cities and block

Speed 13,5 or 12 - might be hard to distinguish from speed 13 (light ships), but this is fast transport ships. If you. Same rules as speed 8,1 and 7,2 apply.

It is extremly difficult to cover the troop type you are attack with. Only colonization ships are really dangerous and those are supereasy to spot. Athenes miracle makes it even easier to block with the right defender, so here is what I would do differently:

a) decrease the speed of a fireship from 5 to 4, so it looks like a colonization ship with lighthouse and cartography

b) decrease the amount of farm slots a catapult needs from 15 to 5 (at the same cost and build time), so you can put a good number of them on your fleet so the enemy has a problem with just ducking all attacks faster than colonization ships

Please carefully think about this and then comment on it.

DeletedUser

I got a question.

can I take a village with only one attack?
I mean is in this game loyalty like in TW? can i take it with one attack or I have to send my colony ship many times to take off all loyalty?