Gold Trading Restrictions

DeletedUser

I realised i posted in the wrong place last time, my bad, so reposting here with much more detail added.

These are the current restrictions in case anyone doesn't know:

tradeablegold.jpg

I think these are fair, but need to be expanded on.

My major worry is the gold trading feature from the last update. I don't think it'll imbalance the game much, it was possible to indirectly "buy" resources by getting culture points anyway. Someone who didn't have gold and now manages to buy it on the market will surely use it all efficiently and effectively.

What I do not like about gold trading is the fact it's possible to join worlds just to "farm" gold for another world. It'll create a lot of abuse. People would join worlds, not caring about them at all, and would sell resources very cheap to have gold available on their main worlds. This would in my opinion give gold sellers an unfair advantage since gold prices would be artificially inflated. Gold bought on the market should be available ONLY on the world where it was bought.

Seems the part below is already implemented so I'll put it in quotes:
(Not sure if this is not ingame already, didn't test yet) It should be impossible to resell gold bought on the market or else we'll see a large increase in multi-accounting. People would be encouraged more than now to create many accounts to sell resources and send gold for 1 resources to their main account. It would also make it possible to trade resources between worlds through gold (buying gold on one world and selling on another) which would kill world economies. Once bought, gold should become untradeable.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You can't trade gold that you get through the marketplace, so what you're describing is impossible :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You can also join a world just to hope you get 50 gold as your 30 day login bonus, so...

DeletedUser

Dude, I know ^^ but Draqone is talking about gold farming. I just wanted to point out that it's already possible :)