Get rid of "human verification" for mass mail please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Why is there a human verification form when sending a mass mail to your own alliance?

The only valid reason I see is to avoid spam. But, then again, why is there the (editable) privilege for members to send mass mails then?

Don't you think the alliance founder/leader can decide who can or can not send mass mails, and decide for themselves whether to revoke that privilege or not?

And even if the leader/founder doesn't care or take action, that's still that Alliance's problem. If they lose members because someone constantly spams them, that's their problem.

I'm also guessing the verification pops up when sending to more than 1 person who are not part of your alliance.

Again, get rid of it please? Just put a clear "report spam" button somewhere and that's it. I know this means potentially more work for moderators, but come on, a leader or founder of an alliance should be allowed to send a mass maill without having to verify he's a human person.

DeletedUser

you get this too when you send more than 15 message in a row and anybody can send mass mails to anybody, the privilege only gives you a button with the list of names from everyone in the alliance, but they could get ride of it for alliance intern mass mails

DeletedUser

Mass mailings can cause serious issues with the server. This was instituted after an incident caused by a malicious mass mailing on another server. Innogames does not want a repeat of this, as it caused major disruptions in service.

DeletedUser

I understand the reasons, but then it just means it's something that needs to be fixed...

TribalWars (another Innogames game) has mass-mail enabled (tribe AND other) without the need for human verification...

Status
Not open for further replies.