DeletedUser

Is there any feedback about the changed hero speeds? If there is no feedback I will assume everyone is okay with it.

Well, we have been waiting so long for the window sizes to be adjusted to the minimum screen resolution supported that you might give us more than a weekend to consider the consequences of that "heroic" speed change...^^

When the heroes came into the game I did not understand why they had individual speed and battle values at all. Most of the hero-related problems we have encountered over the years have been due to those individual values and their conception as land units. Heroes don´t behave like land units when they beam themselves home after attacks have landed (and they even refuse to take their own booty home), they don´t behave like normal land units while the attack is on its way (since they don´t need any means of transport), and there is no reason why they should behave like normal land units when the attack hits - this only causes multiple headaches for Zuretha each time she meets some sturdy city walls. It would make much more sense to conceive the heroes as "moving boni" and not as units.

Later, however, when you started flooding the game with events (and in the wake of those events with hords of flying mythical units and all kinds of additional boni), I found it reasonable that players had to make the decision whether they wished to further strengthen their offensive flying units by using Urephon (for example) and accept the resulting loss of speed as a malus.

With this change you preserve the bonus but eliminate the malus, and I have not yet made up my mind whether this is a wise decision, especially as the already very powerful flying units will benefit. I was told some time ago that Urephon´s (and Iason´s) malus was intended. What made you change your mind?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

It would make much more sense to conceive the heroes as "moving boni" and not as units.

We agree with this point. That's why we changed our mind. Changing the heroes speed wasn't a lot of effort. Consider this as a first step into the direction of "moving boni". For other changes we need to consider several factors as effort, benefit and ofc. how the community reacts to this first step.

Based on the feedback for this first small change, we will consider if we want to do more changes to the heroes in a similar way.