Not a Bug/Cannot reproduce enabling/disabling Sound

malgai

Hera
Ingame Nick: malgai
Affected world(s): zz13
Browser: Chrome
Reproduction steps:
  1. open settings.
  2. switch sound (not in the settings, use the button in the upper right corner) on or off
  3. change any setting and click on "save" (also working without changing anything, if you just click on "save")

Detailed error description (What you see):
After you click the sound on/off - button it tells you that sound has been switched on/off. When you opened the settings before changing the sound and then click "save" at any time in the settings the page refreshes, but the change of sound on/off has changes back to its original state (like it was before the settings were opened)

However, this does not happen when you change the sound before opening the settings.

How it should be:
The change of the sound on/off should also be possible while having the "Settings"-window open.

Screenshot:
The screenshot shows the button sound on/off.
tzcubfedb19.jpg

Well, that´s because the page will be refreshed after saving the settings (no matter whether you have changed anything in the settings or not) - and in fact the muting of sounds via the toggle button in the UI will be lost whenever you refresh the page for whatever reason. You don´t need to open the settings to reproduce the issue, every F5 does the same.

I had noticed this quite a while ago, and since that time I am aware of the fact that I can use the button in the UI only for muting the sounds temporarily, while I have to mute them in the settings when I want the sounds muted for good. I don´t think it´s a bug - but maybe there should be a tooltip telling you that the audio toggle button has only a temporary effect, lasting only until the page is refreshed.

On the other hand, the muting via toggle button in the UI will be saved when you close the tab and open it anew (if you open it from the browser´s history, without a new log-in) - and I think that´s a real inconsistency. Sometimes you simply forget that you had muted the sounds temporarily via UI button during your last session, and are taken by surprise that the sounds are still off when you open the tab again for your next session.

malgai

Hera
Well, that´s because the page will be refreshed after saving the settings (no matter whether you have changed anything in the settings or not) - and in fact the muting of sounds via the toggle button in the UI will be lost whenever you refresh the page for whatever reason. You don´t need to open the settings to reproduce the issue, every F5 does the same.

I tested both scenarios.
once without opening the settings and then reloading the page on my own: It will be saved.
the other time with opening the settings (let grepolis refresh the page by clicking "save"): It will not be saved.
However, when I open the settings and change sound then and do a refresh on my own it will be saved.

Stevie

Pegasus
I don´t think it´s a bug - but maybe there should be a tooltip telling you that the audio toggle button has only a temporary effect, lasting only until the page is refreshed.
Sorry, but that's wrong. I always mute Grepolis via the button in the UI and when I reload (F5 or CTRL+F5), the sound is still mute.

Seems to depend on the browser. I have different results with different browsers/browser versions - just now (using FF) I cannot even reproduce malgai´s bug report - very strange.

malgai

Hera
I tried with Firefox now too - I still have the same result like I have with Chrome. I didn't test other browsers than Chrome and Firefox.

malgai

Hera
the report was posted 10 days ago and it is still "awaiting feedback" according to the tag - what more feedback do you wish?

bogdy 95

Poseidon
the report was posted 10 days ago and it is still "awaiting feedback" according to the tag - what more feedback do you wish?

I waited some other people to report with this issue. But it seems the issue is just to you,which is really weird.
Thanks for report.