BLOW UP a CITY

Evony

Cyclop
It has come to the stage where I would like the ability to take a city, THEN, BLOW IT UP.

The idea being that it creates a blank space again.

Perhaps this could become a new ability of a player once he/she has over a certain number of cities.

Maybe 200, 300, 400 or 500.

But at some stage it would be good to have the ability to destroy ones own cities.

WHY??? It gets to the stage where you simply have too many cities, but you would still like to be able to take them from other players, but not have to keep them.

I think this would be fun and it provides something extra for players to aim for.

Evony

Cyclop
WHY??? It gets to the stage where you simply have too many cities, but you would still like to be able to take them from other players, but not have to keep them.

I think you missed my point. I reckon I know what the game is about by now!!! Look, you want to keep players interested in the game... obviously that's why we have Easter eggs to find and Grep Olympics, etc ...

The aim is to maintain an engaging game to keep players playing Grepolis. This is a BETA game after all .... the place to try out new ideas and see how players respond to them.

Anyway, let's hear what others have to say about it...... come on people. Provide your thoughts. If 8 people say they don't like the idea and 2 do ... then you ignore it; however if the numbers are reversed, then maybe it could be given some consideration.

Introducing something like this does not take away the strategy of the game. It just gives players the ability to get rid of unwanted cities.

Sometimes in this game, you have to take cities to stop enemies from moving in, not necessarily because you want those cities.

Perhaps if you actually played the game fully and had a few hundred cities you might better relate to this idea.

DeletedUser

If not the ability to blow up a city...I would propose a new unit...an arsonist, capable of causing damage to a selectable building through a spy report...perhaps this special unit would only become available once the Academy is maxed out?

DeletedUser

Evony has a point.But theres a solution to it. You could give away the cities to your low culture level alliance mates.they will get culture fast and you can take the enemy cities.

DeletedUser

Blowing up your own cities is nifty, especially when your enemies have been putting a lot of work preparing to conquer it. And just as they are about to launch their 30 clearing waves, followed by CS and another 40 support waves.... - *kapow* city blows up without warning.

Also while you can't even disband units why would they let you blow up cities?!
Where would the consistency be in that! Huh! ;P

Seriously though: it would be too easy. Destroying your enemies by taking their cities and blowing them up immediately. Plunder and raze.
This would bring a lot of imbalance to the game. Culture points and city slots would lose importance - drastically.
And making the ability available only to players with 200+ cities? Just so people like you don't have to hazzle with culture anymore in order to conquer? You won't get much sympathy from other players for that. Maybe you would gain some sympathy from Innogames if you suggested that one could blow up a city for 100 gold. There's definately more chance in that happening. =D

Last edited by a moderator:

Abigaill

Centaur
Just like you can demolish a building or the academy - you should be able to demolish an entire city - but only at a great cost.
I suggest the cost should be enough culture points to delete a city slot from you.

DeletedUser1878

I agree with evony lot of times you have to move from one ocean to other and noone want your city