Better start on the testservers

DeletedUser

I logged in on the testserver because I really want to test and help improving the game by reporting bugs and small improvement-suggetions.

How-ever it looks like some of the players on sandbox are not there for testing, but for playing the game 'for winning'.

Off-course winning a game is great.

But I don't even get the chance to grow my city, because it will be concuered as soon as it is a little bit bigger (happened twice already).

My suggestion: start on sandbox with more cities ór give a longer beginners-protection.

Slietie

Hydra
As I have similar situation as you do (however I have more cities) I really do feel sorry for your situation anita-144. It is very annoying when you want to test and some players simply cannot understand this and attack you instead of concentrating on other players that have the same aims as they have.

DeletedUser

I know your pain!! I was just owned right out of the Warrior World a couple days ago so I started a city in Sandbox. Im certain that this city will be a waste of time as well since I was placed on an island surrounded by a lot of big guns :/ My alliance name is Just Testing but that doesnt seem to stop anybody :/ neither do PMs since half the people who are playing this dont speak english :/

DeletedUser

Fortunaly Sandbox has morale enabled, otherwise my city would have been eaten within a fewe hours after beginners protection has ended ;)
I wil just try to get a second city as soon as possible...
The troops and boats that are rewarded in the beginners-stadium is probably one of the things, why they like to conquer them little towns (Lots of Att-points).

I also edited my profile so they maybe won't eat me anymore, since I am no threat. Maybe it helps...

@ABAIN: We're located in the same region ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

maybe we can draw more people into our alliance!! I know theres lots of players in both of these worlds that are just trying to bug hunt and arent that interested in the wars that are going on with between the massive alliances!!

DeletedUser

It would be nice to have a non-conquest world for those who want to test new features and bug hunt. You can still be attacked but can't lose your city. Its frustrating building up your city to test things only to have it taken by someone who only wants more cities.

I also like bug hunting but don't like playing on the beta servers since 99% of players don't care about testing bugs, only about winning the game.

DeletedUser

join my alliance :) hopefully by those of us who are interested in the actual purpose of this server band together it will drive the point home to the players who arent...at least they may leave us alone!! :D

Slietie

Hydra
It would be nice to have a non-conquest world for those who want to test new features and bug hunt. You can still be attacked but can't lose your city.
Sometimes it is very important to test conquest as well. The best option would be probably to make an alliance (or 2 for some alliance-related purposes) that nobody would attack without a permission. But it had to be based on just agreements with others that they do not attack.
Some time ago I had another idea - I thought that moving far away is enough, but I was wrong :( Before I tried just writing PM to the attackers - it happened that it worked, but not always, also a message on my profile sometimes helps a bit, but it seems that not everybody reads it.

Grepolis is a strategy war game, and I don´t understand what exactly you want to be testing while factoring out the core elements of the game. The clicking of island quests, the buying, leveling and assigning of heroes, the filling of construction queus? That all works fine, you need not test it.

Most of the problems occur in normal combat situations because that is exactly what cannot be tested properly beforehand. Slietie, of course, has a certain routine in testing; but most of the people stating in their profiles that they are here "only for testing", and don´t want to attack or to be attacked must be aware of the fact that this is a contradiction in itself. Or how do you test a "hero of war" this way?

I must admit that I have become somewhat allergic to those words in profiles. Just for example: I did not touch a smaller player in the first weeks of Sandbox, because he had sent me a heart-melting PN that he was only here for testing and bug-hunting and not able to log in so often because he was in hospital... and some weeks later, after he had grown and prospered, that same guy, now being member of an reasonable alliance, suddenly was attacking and revolting one of our smallest players. And when I reminded him of his own situation some weeks earlier, the answer was somewhat rude. Depends on the angle of view, obviously.

I started late on Warrior World myself, less than one year ago, and it took me all my experience and even some almost sleepless nights defending myself against the already much bigger players of established alliances surrounding me where I had landed. The main problem is the time you have to invest in addition to your regular national game worlds (and your job and private life^^). Those who want to test properly, should be aware of the fact that testing (= playing) in a beta world most certainly is as time-consuming as playing in any other world; and as in any other world, you will not be able to survive without being communicative, joining a decent alliance and taking part in alliance life and team work - because that´s what the game is all about.

---

There are many people, however, who do not really want to test or invest so much of their time, but only are curious and want to have a first look on new features before they are implemented on the regular game worlds. It´s that group of players InnoGames should find a solution for, I agree.

For the time being, I would recommend to start on Warrior World - it´s much more relaxed by now than the younger and more vivid Sandbox.

Last edited:

Slietie

Hydra
Most of the problems occur in normal combat situations because that is exactly what cannot be tested properly beforehand.
I totally agree with it :) In my opinion, the most important bugs are mainly related to combat situations.

Thus I wrote about permissions and not disabling attacks at all.
Sometimes it is very important to test conquest as well. The best option would be probably to make an alliance (or 2 for some alliance-related purposes) that nobody would attack without a permission.
Even yesterday I had an attack on my siege* on an island where I used to test a lot and I had to send CS one more time. Normally a single attack is enough, but when other players around are aggressive, tester has to think about biremes to support the siege and waste some time on doing something that works rather correctly (or does not need so much repetition). Let's imagine how it can be complicated if 2 players want to test some attacks on a siege and have enough troops for X amount of attacks and suddenly someone attacks with a significant amount of troops.

*BTW related to this issue, where I was checking if anything changes after the conquest (yup, still the previous hero is in that city: click).

Just to be clear - I do not defend one type or the other type of players. Both groups are needed and welcome as they concentrate on different aspects. But if someone does not want to be disturbed and is really testing, then why not ask them for any help with attack related issues than just fight ;)

DeletedUser

Both sides of the testing I also agree are very important. The problem that I am facing though is that im in a U.S. time zone and I always seem to be planted next to every european player in the world!!! LMAO!!! by the time I even have a chance to get established enough to try and communicate testing the combat side they are gunning for my city!! At least I havent come across any bugs yet on the defensive side of the world!! :p

I think I may have finally been placed on a dead island though so that may be nice :) or they are just waiting for my city to become cs ready and take me out :p

It is still a war game but I would like to enjoy both sides of combat not just get my butt handed to me every week or so :p

DeletedUser

I agree with everything mentioned above ;)

It's just so frustating if your small town is eaten by big players even before your as far as examenng a colonyship.
So I tried to join an ally... but no communication possible... (I suspect they didn't even could read the PM's).

Anyhow... I will consider if I do have enough time to really test here. For as said above... besides the play in the ordinairy worlds an RL it might be I just have not enough time to play/test here.

THanks everybody for your replies.