Not a Bug/Cannot reproduce Bandit quests remain after city is lost

Abigaill

Centaur
Unfinished "clear the island of bandits" quests remains in the quest log if your first city is taken.

I suppose you could continue the quests if you retook or took another city on the same island, but how often does that happen.
A penalty for losing your first city should be the loss of any unfinished bandit quests or the ability to manually abandon them.

Well, an unannounced change was made regarding the bandit camp. The bandit camp will be restored to you as soon as you take (or found) a city on any new island with farming villages, thus you will be able to continue with your bandit camp quests.

I had already asked (in the feedback thread for update 2.168 and in the German forum) that this information should be added to the Beta changelog but since * Arci * is on vacation it might take some time. We learned about that change when the changelog 2.168 was published for the live worlds.

The change has now been added to changelog 2.168:

Bandit's Camp - When a player lost all of their cities on the first large island and the Bandit's Camp was not level 100, he was unable to send attacks to the Bandit's Camp anymore. Now, when a player loses all the cities on their first large island, the Bandit's Camp will be moved:
  • To a new area on a different large island where player has a city.
  • If player has no cities on a different large islands, the Bandit's Camp will show up on the next large island where player will found a city in the future.

Unfortunately it was not added via a new posting, thus nobody will be able to notice it..

Abigaill

Centaur
"To a new area on a different large island where player has a city."

Didn't happen to me. I lost my first city and the bandit camp is still on that island waiting for me to complete quests.
If I understand what you just wrote the camp should've automatically moved to a different large island where I have cities.
Well ... it didn't :(

It depends on the time, when you have done it.

If you have lost your city before update, you have to conquer or settle a new city on an island with farm villages. If you have lost your city after update, you have found a bug and have to report it.

More or other questions?

You will have the bandit camp back as soon as you found or conquer your next city on a large island. meli had lost his first city in June, and after he had colonized a city on a large island last weekend, his bandit camp appeared on that new island. Just try and see! :)