Adjusting World Wonder Destruction

DeletedUser

Once the last member of a wonder-building alliance has left the island the wonder will be destroyed. Makes sense to some degree, some argue.

Example: Alliance A conquers all towns of alliance B's wonder island. The wonder is destroyed in a big bonfire at the hands of the victorious alliance A.

Unfortunately, as a result, wonders also disintegrate when all inhabitants on a wonder island leave their alliance (the alliance that started construction of this wonder). This is probably rarely the intention of the alliance or those members.

Example: Alliance B wishes to merge with alliance A. As a result, alliance B's wonder auto-destructs. Fail.

It'll keep the wonders around to look at in some cases and it will definitely help keeping players in the game while it doesn't come at the cost of balance or realism or whatever people are afraid of these days.

DeletedUser

......Example: Alliance B wishes to merge with alliance A. As a result, alliance B's wonder auto-destructs. Fail.......

If in your example the wonder would not auto destruct, this would lead to abuse. Just think of a scenario where we have 7 alliances, every one of those concentrates on just one wonder. Once they are all at level 10, the 7 alliances just merge the players on the wonder islands. We wouldn't want that.

DeletedUser

Those were my initial thoughts as well but thinking again I realized I had no reason to reject the idea other than the fear that this strategy might be used against me/us.

So even in the unlikely circumstance that 7 alliances actually get along well enough to pull this off:
Why would we not want that and in what regard would it be abusive?
As physically manifested symbols of might and prestige, these structures have always been treated exactly like that: objects under ownership.

DeletedUser

What I need here is a clear Answer about this subject

Can we or not transfert 1 player at a time into another alliance and by doing this will the Wonder survive the transfert when the last player is transfer

The thing we know already is that all cities on a Wonder Island must have fallen to another alliance to be destroy so if I transfer 1 player at a time it should not be destroy.

Yes or No or we do not know what will happen

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No.
The point is: The construction site XYZ is owned by an alliance once they start building a world wonder on that island. So if the island is owned by alliance A, and you move players from alliance A to alliance B and you get to the point where you move the last player to alliance B, XYZ will get destroyed, and all former players of A who are now B (and who are still the same players on the same island) will have to start XYZ from scratch.

DeletedUser

I'm still hoping for a more constructive discussion of this topic or rather problem.

Problem, because the current world wonder ruling means that once the world wonder era has begun, mergers of existing alliances or formations of new alliances are effectively no longer possible if any of the parties involved wishes to keep its wonder. And at that stage, wonders are a large part of its lifeblood.

Not just on servers with slower gamespeeds this is likely to have a very detrimental effect. Any alliance with an advanced wonder construction and facing a loss of members for whatever reason will be facing the choice between two severe motivational setbacks:
either merge and lose the wonder - or continue to slowly rot away.

DeletedUser

either merge and lose the wonder - or continue to slowly rot away.

There's a third alternative: Think twice - or better 3 times before starting your world wonder in the best place with the best people.