2.52 Update thread and Heroes

DeletedUser

if the hero scheme as a whole stays the same way in the regular servers then i think it would be just fine. I like them the way they are!! :D i only wish that when i log into the phone app i could use them as well :)

DeletedUser

i only wish that when i log into the phone app i could use them as well :)

No worries. The hero-feature is in development for the App as well and the progress is quite far. We plan to release the feature on browser and mobile at the same time. ;)

DeletedUser

thats good to hear :) I have to play mostly on mobile and its getting frustrating having the beta worlds crash every time I accept an island quest :/

DeletedUser

Is there any more feedback?

Do you like the available heroes and their abilities? Is the feature comprehensible and easy to understand? If not, which parts are confusing?

We are still in the development process and appreciate any viable feedback. :)
There will also be adjustments and bugfixes with the next update of the feature!

DeletedUser

Do you like the available heroes and their abilities? Is the feature comprehensible and easy to understand? If not, which parts are confusing?

There will also be adjustments and bugfixes with the next update of the feature!

You want some feedback, then you shall have it also. This whole Leonidas hero quest, is the biggest joke. According to your statement was thawing is this quest allegedly changed at the point of slow cities. Why is it then possible that he again my points moderate weakest city home search? So how I get here have not only with me alone. And there days now are already weeks, my city there completely long sets? It shows only one, you have learned absolutely nothing from the mistakes of the past here.

Greetings
Geisti

DeletedUser

I like the Heroes...but Helena sucks...just sucks...her whole ability should be changed...maybe to something to do with favor production :) theres andromeda for resources...why not have Helena be for Favor :)

Over the weeks I have already given you more (and also more negative) feedback regarding the feature than you ever wanted to get, most probably^^, and I´m not going to repeat it all. The heroes are only further (incarnate) boni, stackable with boni and effects from island quests and events, and all those together are changing the strategy war game Grepolis to a lottery, with an arms race taking place in the inventory. And even worse: None of these boni and effects must be achieved via individual skill or team efforts in the game, only by lonesome clicks in your own account (including the pressing of the gold button), and that´s why all this new stuff is getting tedious and boring so soon.

I have learnt only recently, i.e. from one of your comments in the DevBlog, that it was initially intended to level the heroes through bash points/kills. Well, that at least would have given minor impulses for the game, which the current concept does not.

The main problems I see aside from this are the various accumulative effects, especially regarding

- speed (30% IQ speed bonus + 30% speed bonus from Atalante + special building + researches),
- attack and defense power of units (the "normal" random value of luck between -30% and +30%, between 5% and the old 30% - still stored in some inventories - IQ defense bonus, stackable with the 5% long-term defense bonus and the event effect Trojan Defense, and very similar accumulations on the attacker´s side, and all this now in attack and defense even additionally stackable with the effects of Zuretha and Urephon, or of Leonidas only on the defense side). The result of this mixture has no longer to do anything with strategy - both attack and defense have become incalculable.
- recruitment times (as already discussed in this forum)

Regarding the storyline quests for Leonidas and Helena (and the "ability" of Helena) please see my respective postings.

---

From lots of battle reports and questions I have seen ingame that many players neither read nor understand the descriptions and explanations regarding the feature properly. Recruiting, assigning and leveling seems to work fine and be comprehensible, but there are many players obviously not knowing or still uncertain about how to make use of their heroes after that. The still existing problems regarding Atalante and Zuretha are not helpful there, of course, but for some players it does not seem to be clear which (and that) heroes can be sent with attacks (thinking that the hero´s effect on attacks will work even when the hero is staying in the home town), which heroes can be used both in defense and attack, which heroes should better stay at home...^^ A frequently asked question is how to support others with heroes (which is not possible at all, of course) - this getting mixed up somehow with the behaviour of supporting mythical units.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Support button is working now. Please use the support ticket system and we will check your account issues.

Have fun with Grepolis!

DeletedUser

Just in for a quick update:
  • Award requirements for Helen and Leonidas will be removed.
  • For now, we will deactivate storyline quests. We will seek for solutions so that they differ more from Island Quests (in their representation). We also want to avoid that they block players in their actions, so a "Cancel Quest" button might be a solution. But for now, storyline quests are on hold.
  • We will nerf Urephon: Instead of up to 30% strengthened mythical units, his bonus will be 15%.

DeletedUser1914

• Award requirements for Helen and Leonidas will be removed.
  • For now, we will deactivate storyline quests. We will seek for solutions so that they differ more from Island Quests (in their representation). We also want to avoid that they block players in their actions, so a "Cancel Quest" button might be a solution. But for now, storyline quests are on hold.
This is great! :smile:
But, I still think the bonus of Helen must change, no one is going to spend his valuable coins, to such a useless hero

• We will nerf Urephon: Instead of up to 30% strengthened mythical units, his bonus will be 15%.

I don't like this, but it's probably necessary to balance everything. If you have 2000 pegasi in a city + this hero. Than you are invincible XD

DeletedUser

I don't like this, but it's probably necessary to balance everything. If you have 2000 pegasi in a city + this hero. Than you are invincible XD

I think 30% is alright in the current situation. But keep the planned rebalancing update in mind. With this, mythical units will become more common which will make Urephon more useful in return. We didn't want to release Urephon with 30% bonus now and then nerf him as soon as the rebalancing update hits the live-servers. Nerfs are always bad, especially when players spend Gold (i.e. hero rotation) to get that certain hero just to see he got nerfed the day after. ;)

DeletedUser2058

If your enemy this use, you like this also?
The Envoy this quote show you, why the player think Heros are good, but they do not think beyond themselves.....

The Envoy dieses Zitat zeigt dir warum die Spieler denken das die Helden gut für sie sind, aber sie bedenken nicht das andere diese Funktion ebenfalls nutzen können. Insofern muss man das ganze neutral ansehen u. nicht immer von der "ich hab davon einen Vorteil, gefällt mir" Ansicht betrachten, wie es die meisten Spieler machen. Balance ist was neutrales u. sollte auch so angesehen werden....

For more Feedback look at the German discussion, there is a lot to read. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The heros at this point aren't worth much. It takes too long to get coins to get and upgrade them. And do we get to have one of each type of hero? (Wisdom and Fighting)