2.52 Update thread and Heroes

DeletedUser

Please let us know did you like the changes? How do you find the heroes? What would you like to change?

Please keep in mind that for many Beta players this might be their first acquaintance with the hero feature. For those who were not on RoH, the list of changes in the 2.52 announcement will mean (and explain) nothing at first sight, and the Wiki article regarding the heroes still refers to the old and obsolete behaviour.

It might be a good idea to offer links to the respective DevBlog entries at least, and to place them both in the release announcement and the Wiki article in order to avoid unnecessary confusion.

DeletedUser

the 2.52 update with heroes will be fantastic

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Shouldn't atlanta be faster? since the hero's speed limits the troop movement speed, sending atlanta with horsemen or biremes would slow them down.

Last edited by a moderator:

Abigaill

Centaur
I think you need to increase the amount of coins you receive for completing each quest, or reduce the amount of coins needed to recruit a hero.
For example my first here presented to me to recruit is Atalanta, and he needs 105 coins of war to recruit. I just completed a quest and I only received 8 coins. At that rate I'll need to complete another dozen quests to recruit him, but by that time a different hero will be presented for recruiting.

DeletedUser1914

I think you need to increase the amount of coins you receive for completing each quest, or reduce the amount of coins needed to recruit a hero.
For example my first here presented to me to recruit is Atalanta, and he needs 105 coins of war to recruit. I just completed a quest and I only received 8 coins. At that rate I'll need to complete another dozen quests to recruit him, but by that time a different hero will be presented for recruiting.

And if you finally bought a hero you need 12 coins to upgrade your hero from lvl 1 to lvl 2 :unhappy:

Slietie

Hydra
And if you finally bought a hero you need 12 coins to upgrade your hero from lvl 1 to lvl 2 :unhappy:

This seems to be OK. You cannot expect to have all heroes (and with high level) at the beginning. It has to need time to earn your coins and finally get another hero. Otherwise it would be to easy ;)

Abigaill

Centaur
Well if the staff has already made up their mind, then why bother asking us for our opinion.
Why jump on the far side of the conversation?
No one is saying we should have ALL the heroes AND at high levels.
Prior announcements about the daily quests indicated the number of quests per day would drop and the amount of resources quests would cost to finish would increase. Add to that what myself and draakjee believe are excessive costs to obtain and train heros, what bonuses the heros give are not worth their cost.
We are voicing our opinions as asked in the announcement, don't dismiss them without hearing what others would say.
For me? I'm not counting on the heros to alter my game play - too slow, too expensive for the benefit they give.

DeletedUser

Well if the staff has already made up their mind, then why bother asking us for our opinion.
Why jump on the far side of the conversation?
No one is saying we should have ALL the heroes AND at high levels.
Prior announcements about the daily quests indicated the number of quests per day would drop and the amount of resources quests would cost to finish would increase. Add to that what myself and draakjee believe are excessive costs to obtain and train heros, what bonuses the heros give are not worth their cost.
We are voicing our opinions as asked in the announcement, don't dismiss them without hearing what others would say.
For me? I'm not counting on the heros to alter my game play - too slow, too expensive for the benefit they give.

On the blog they already announced that they will add additional ways of obtaining coins if the cost is too high (in which i share your opinion of it being too high)

DeletedUser2904

Island Quest

Hi all !

I don`t have island quests since i`ve assigned Andromeda . And the Support don`t works in Settings :(

DeletedUser2904

Can I talk with a Support member ? Because in the game in Settings the Support menu is not working . I clicked in it , but nothing .

DeletedUser

I think,that the changes weren't good,we should be able to shift heroes from a world to another,at least if a world is being closed or when we quit a world.

Also,using resources were better then coins to update.

You obviously do not think about the effects on a newly started world, where beginners would have no chance at all against their veteran neighbours with their fully levelled heroes. It´s hard enough for them even without such additional disbalances.

Regarding the resources: You might think differently if your first acqaintance with the heroes took place not in midgame but in a much earlier stage when you need your resources urgently for the development of your first city and your first troops. Even on RoH we started with five cities and not with only one, and unfortunately some people seem to lack the imagination what it would feel like in a normal server start situation.

Abigaill

Centaur
Well now I was given 300 of each coin not sure why - didn't notice it until I completed the andromeda quest.
The coin bonus changes things

On Warrior World the heroes started with 1200 Coins of Wisdom and 1200 Coins of War yesterday, and we got additional 300 of each in the evening. I had asked yesterday (both in the Beta bugtracker and in the German Grepolis forum) why the both test worlds were treated so differently. As it seems this was not intended, and thus the coin bonus has now been granted on Sandbox as well. And it´s a daily bonus, as far as I can remember from RoH.

But please keep in mind that there will be no such bonus on the regular worlds.

DeletedUser

300 coins of daily bonus are too much!
you will not be able to estimate real balance of Heroes.
In real worlds it will be possible to upgrade only 5-6 Heroes before Wonders but with additional coins it will be easy to buy and upgrade all of them!
I think for fast testing 50 coins will be enough.

DeletedUser2058

300 coins of daily bonus are too much!
Not for testing or we have 1-2 year time for the test?

you will not be able to estimate real balance of Heroes.
Drawing the feature back is the best balance.^^

In real worlds it will be possible to upgrade only 5-6 Heroes before Wonders but with additional coins it will be easy to buy and upgrade all of them!
We are here to test which impact the heroes will have in the late game, this is important as the way to it.