2.0: Hades info collection

DeletedUser

Helmet of Invisibility does not seem useful.

i also think that is totally useless, if it takes you 4 hours to arrive at the city you are attacking you are invisible for what, 4 minutes? the guy you are attacking will still know that you are coming and being able to protect his city, that would be better if it was like 50% of the travel time

DeletedUser

best would be 10-30% random since this would make it impossible to guess what kind of attack it is

DeletedUser

I think Hades is awesome when it comes to war. However Helmet of invisibility is not as good as it look. You see, for a 4 hour trip, it hides you for 24 minutes. Maybe not bad, but I think it should be doubled, so it hides your troops for 20% That would be defineately good.

Btw, did he replaced a God, or we have 5 gods now?

DeletedUser

Then how does the God Selection Screen look like? (use tinypic to upload fast and easy =))

DeletedUser

Temple
templeq.png

casting
castontown.png

cast2.png

DeletedUser

Hades is again selectable.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Cerebus : 1250 Wood, 1500 Stone, 3000 Coin = 5750 total resources. (also has a 230 favor cost per unit)
Swordsman (30 population): 2850 Wood, 2550 Coin = 5400 total resources.
Hoplites (30 population): 2250 Stone, 4500 Coin = 6750 total resources.

Now you can argue all day about the value of 240 favor, but in a comparison of normal resources, the Cerebus is quite a good deal. It does the job defensively of both (and then some) at the same time, with only the relative cost of one.

Cerebus: Ranged def = 1575, Blunt Def = 825
Swords(30): Ranged def = 900
Hoplites(30): Blunt Def = 540

The Cerebus also saves you in total build time, taking 30 min with lvl 10 Barracks, while 30 swords takes nearly 2 hours. (World 3, speed 4)

The Erinys on the other hand is quite poor in almost all aspects. I can't find a redeeming factor except a small gain in total build time vs. 55 Slingers. Those same Slingers save you in resource costs and do more total ranged damage. The defensive numbers aren't even worth bringing up. If these are to be an offensive unit, then they need something added to make them more useful in some way.

Give them flight perhaps, or up the damage, reduce their population used....something. If these are the final design going live, I believe the Erinys will simply go unused. Seems a wasted effort to even add them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i thought erinys can fly as manticores can.
i agree that they are useless, if they can´t.
shit, now i built up the temple to built them, but now it was wasted resources.:unhappy: