zz7 configuration discussion

DeletedUser3326

of course i'm agree with you , maybe i've been not really clear in my message , as sandbox 2 who is completely paralyze by all the pacts excepet few alliances who try to still fight .. this world has to end too.

You're right this world will be close one day

i just want to say wonder transform the game in politic game...

DeletedUser

Without me..I do not like the new peasant village combat system..Pure waste of valuable fighting points..
smiley_emoticons_irre.gif

regards
Geisti

@* Arci *

May I ask you, what do you think, is the most helpful task from every player on this new world?
If you have a wish free to all player at Sandbox 7, do you want to have a good feeling if they gaming, or do you like to have the most high level by locating bugs?

If I guess you are a bug hunter, you need much more speed in this world, if it is o.k. if they player have only fun at Sandbox 7, you can reduce the speed as well.

What do you choose?

DeletedUser2458

It's sad that the Beta Focus Group project hasn't been successful as the Beta market doesn't (and can't) fulfill its role at this moment. I think 90 % of players aren't interested in hunting of bugs or providing some feedback.
Without me..I do not like the new peasant village combat system..Pure waste of valuable fighting points..
Yep, it makes sense. *sarcasm* You needed to recruit units especially because of villages before... so, you didn't get any BPs as well. And this fighting against farming villages was sometimes really annoying... with naval cities. It's low-cost if you don't have just 1 city on each island which is quite silly strategy.

About the world, there probably should be one or two longterm worlds with settings similar to live market ones. For hunting of smaller bugs which can occur after an ordinary update. For new features, a new short-term world with fast (e.g. speed 30) speed could be fine.

Another issue can be English... there is no Beta enviroment for players who speak just in their native language. I also believe, there should be some reward on their live market account if they find a bug or post a constructive feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's sad that the Beta Focus Group project hasn't been successful as the Beta market doesn't (and can't) fulfill its role at this moment. I think 90 % of players aren't interested in hunting of bugs or providing some feedback.

This might be true, but as this is an international environment, there might be many cases where you might see 3-4 people reporting bugs all time but they may not be the ones that digged them out. Others who are having issues expressing themselves in english are just mentioning issue and other person reports it.
Also apart from forum we also have ticketing system for buqs reports and there we have no clue what is going on.

About the world, there probably should be one or two longterm worlds with settings similar to live market ones. For hunting of smaller bugs which can occur after an ordinary update. For new features, a new short-term world with fast (e.g. speed 30) speed could be fine.

I assume that all should be long term worlds but there should be a change on schedule for features/updates going live to production.
Bug hunting or small bugs will can be located regardless speed.
On the other hand for new features (i.e. pass from ver 1 to ver2 or introduction of new hero or god or any other "big" change or a new event) I think ther ebe a period of 1-2 weeks for testings in beta servers and then go to production servers (live servers) because now I have a feeling that they go live on next scheduled weekly update i.e. time for beta testing is far too small. and also keep in minds that this is voluntary job and user might have other IRL activities, so higher speeds will not help on this case.

Another issue can be English... there is no Beta enviroment for players who speak just in their native language. I also believe, there should be some reward on their live market account if they find a bug or post a constructive feedback.

Local market beta servers would be great but has some "bugs" as an idea. It is more costly (hardware wise and also free coins), also people might prefer playing on the beta so as to get new features sooner....
As for the rewards, I recall couple of years ago where there was an amount of gold coins as a reward for locating bugs but not sure if this is still on.

Well, as I happen to know at first hand Inno did next to nothing to make the Beta Focus Group a success. The former German CM Bruthor/ David Biedermann (now David Dalke) did the recruiting and the interviews and told us that the project was supposed to be managed by the Beta CM (Geode/Lukasz Borgosz at that time) and to be supervised by the Lead Community Manager (Jordan Coutout at that time) - but when the project finally started in late January 2014, neither of those two gentlemen ever showed up. Bruthor did his best for two or three months, alongside his other duties, but then also disappeared since he was about to leave Grepolis for Tribal Wars II. Nobody ever felt any responsibility to even inform the members of the Beta Focus Group of the new status or the future of the project - they just left us on our own and let the project die without further notice. It was one of the weirdest experiences I have ever had with the internal "organization" of the Grepolis team, and it made quite clear that "Grepolis United" had not much significance for InnoGames once the press releases praising the project and the company's "exemplary" cooperation with their players had been placed.

---

Back to topic: I know that many players play on Beta only, using their Beta worlds as surrogates for maybe less interesting or conveniant live worlds in their smaller home markets. Higher unit speeds tend to encourage this clientele but discourage those interested in the testing of new features and playing on Beta in addition to their "real" live worlds. When zz6 started with unit speed 3, quite a lot of players interested in a new Beta revolt world backed up from starting there because of the unit speed, and zz6 ended up as the smallest Beta game world ever. Beta worlds are small nowadays, with all players compressed in the central four oceans, and for those not starting with a premade alliance (and a premade bunch of pacts^^) just surviving there in a mixed alliance with lots of casual players/temporary testers can be a very time consuming task - and unit speed 3 won't improve the situation.

But otherwise I am fine with your decision. I will leave Grepolis when my German and my Italian live worlds are done - and I guess zz2 will survive long enough^^

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
I like this discussion and here some quick answers :)

The world should be a normal game environment, not only a bug hunt, but obviously the more bug we find here, and more bugfree will be the live version, 3 weeks later. You're right about the old little gold "thanks" for the bug reports. It's something that I'd definitely like to reintroduce with some rules to make it fair.

About the Beta Focus Group unfortunately I can't spend many words as I wasn't in the team yet, but this discussion now has a great timing. I can anticipate that something "similar", in terms of player involvement, will be announced very very soon.
This time with a different, bigger, project that will involve local communities too.
I've already said too much, stay tuned on your local forums for the official announcement ;)

DeletedUser

I'm old fashioned about the game..Battlepoints do not belong to peasant villages..Battle points are so important..should not be invested in peasant villages..Farmers' villages should only grow with raw material deliveries..

regards
Geisti

i agree with dexter120 6 hour conquest time is pretty favourable which is the settings in sandbox 2 which i would love to remind the game makers is still a very popular world even though i am expecting it to close sooner rather than later sandbox 5 revolt still has well over 1000 players and its world speed 4 and i understand as at current sandbox 7 has current players 589 which is pretty poor considering its day 3 of its opening