zz7 configuration discussion

a sandbox 6 world must surely be conquest as am pretty sure sandbox 2 will close within the next 6 months we allready have a new revolt world in sandbox 5 bpv server is due to close any day now which is conquest but in my opinion it was a very poor server settings were to slow my settings for a new world would be world speed 5 unit speed 3 conquer system conquest it has been proven that the higher settings in beta worlds are popular and the more popular the world the more the game makers can test there new products on these servers so please tae into acount that its been a long time since we had a new conquest world
smiley_emoticons_bravo2.gif

DeletedUser2940

I sincerely hope the game speed of the next server doesn't exceed 2. There has already been enough fast servers and it's uncomfortable. I agree with clownface that we need another conquest world, though.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Hello Beta community!
I made a new thread starting on your posts :)

As you may expect, we're planning to open a new beta world, with a little early game difference (shhh this is a secret, don't tell to anyone).

We already have a configuration in mind, but we'd like to hear your general proposals first.

For example, you'd like a quick world, or maybe a more slow and "relaxing" one?
Big alliances or small?

And mostly, will you join us in the new world? ;)

Oh Dear, it looks like, that it is here overcrowed like the tube in London during the Rush Hour.

So many players, who wants to play the game on ZZ7 hmmm ZZ Seven

It is possible, that I want to play the start again. But I do not think, that I will stay here on Beta. It needs to much time for me, and after so many Years with Grepolis, I want not spend it.

If it is on the Beta Community to vote for the speed, I think, a World with Speed 2/1/1 and moral will be fine?

What about you? What do you think of it?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Maybe I´ll start on the new Beta. What do think about a Hypeborea World with the Settings 2/2/2 and moral active?

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
I think it's time to open a slower world :p

As no new world with no conquest are planned, I don't think we will see Hyperborea on beta.

DeletedUser

Hello Beta community!
I made a new thread starting on your posts :)

As you may expect, we're planning to open a new beta world, with a little early game difference²

We already have a configuration in mind, but we'd like to hear your general proposals first.

For example, you'd like a quick world, or maybe a more slow and "relaxing" one?
Big alliances or small?

And mostly, will you join us in the new world? ;)

2) https://devblog.grepolis.com/?p=1861#comment-12057 ???? (ps this is a question!!!!)

is there a chance to make a moral world?

Last edited by a moderator:

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
It was a secret! But yes, that one ;)

And about moral, sure we can. Why would you like to see moral in the next world?

DeletedUser

To have more fun with the big bad Goldy guys? Idk why but I like moral worlds more than the others sadly on german no one share my opinon

very dissapointed in world speed being 3 we saw with bpv server and sandbox 3 that world speeds under 4 are not very popular. i look at the statistics sandbox zz0 lasted nearly 4 years that was world speed 5 zz1 sandbox 2 still running over 3 years still popular bpv and sandbox 3 lasted less than 18 months being world speed 3 but we shall wait and see i myself am very disapointed

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
very dissapointed in world speed being 3 we saw with bpv server and sandbox 3 that world speeds under 4 are not very popular. i look at the statistics sandbox zz0 lasted nearly 4 years that was world speed 5 zz1 sandbox 2 still running over 3 years still popular bpv and sandbox 3 lasted less than 18 months being world speed 3 but we shall wait and see i myself am very disapointed

I'm very sorry to hear that, but unfortunately we can't speed up the servers too much or it will break the balance of the game itself.

No, not with less and less players on Beta. Higher world speed would be fine for me, too - but I will not go with unit speed 3 on a test world, sorry. There was a reason for the unit speed limit on former Beta worlds, and opening a world with unit speed 3 again won't help increasing the number of players interested in testing and staying for more than the starting phase.

Would have loved to join a new Beta world again (with Sandbox 2 being old and its features not up-to-date) but I have a life beyond Grepolis.

Btw, please be aware of the fact that world speed 3 combined with both a night bonus and a conquest time of 8 hours tends to cause performance issues.

Last edited:
i agree with draba totally on this issue also can i say that the beta servers survived with sandbox zz0 running at speed 5 and sandbox 2 at speed 4 so i dont know how a higher speed than 3 can effect the game play of the beta servers but we shall see in time i am mainly dissapointed becauce we have not had a higher speed conquest world since sandbox 2 started in january 2014 and with that world very likely to be due to close autumn time we will be left without a fast conquest world

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
True about the bonus, we've increased the conquest time to 9h, but the unit speed looks fine.

I couldn't agree more with Draba...
Morale, night bonus and speed 3 on a beta server is the worst scenario to stay on......

I do understand that functionality of some configurations need to be tested prior getting into production but speed 3?????

I assume 4 is the minimum it should be (and for me the best speed) . Not too slow (like speed 1 we used to have on GR1 that it was slower than delay herself) or too fast (like speed 24+ that former zz3 used to have on its first days prior been lowered to 12 and then to 4). Still remember the 2 hours required to take over a town!!! that was by far too much and is only for content servers like the ones they have from time to time on tribal wars....

Last edited:

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
So, you're saying that:

3x unit speed is too much, you have lifes, you don't want to lose your towns.
AND
3x game speed is too slow, boring, can't test.

I don't get it guys.
Do you think that making it 8x game speed and 2x unit speed will be better? It makes no sense :/

The actual configuration looks balanced, it's fast as many of you keeps requesting.

Then, if a single alliance rules the whole word, making it 2x, 3x, 15x or 1x doesn't really change that much. You should recruit a good group to play, it's a team game you know ^^

Last edited:
I said about server speed and not unit speed...
smiley_emoticons_smilenew.gif

and mainly I think zz2 configuration is a bit better than former zz3

Regardless the fact that I hate revolt I really do not mind that much for the might bonus.

What I would like to ask is this.
As far as I recall when zz3 was opened, server speed (not sure if same applied for unit speed) was modified couple of times and ended up to 3. I also recall back on GR1 it first had alliance limit to 500 and was dropped to 100.
Having that in mind, would not it be much easier (as we are on a beta server i.e. meant for testings prior productions) have some rotation on some features?
i.e. have morale on for 1 or 2 weeks per month or enable/disable night bonus...
I assume those changes are allowed this will allow to have a server with most people on it and just go on as to my opinion on a test environment you do not need to have so many servers and just keep it to minimum.
smiley_emoticons_confusednew.gif

Just make game settings adjustments from time to time....
smiley_emoticons_biggrin.gif

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
For players that aren't much active, switching the config every two weeks can be a lot confusing I think :/

DeletedUser3326

For me i guess.. speed 4 or 5 for ressources is good , better to be more active , keep speed 3 for troops is good too if there is no intensive player active... but do not forget beta players are really in love for this game , most of us spend lot of time in the game , and really in a conquest world... speed 2 is too slow... in few months if you need 12 hours to send 20 attacks as close as possible it start to be boring... send close mooves is the specialty of conquest... for this we need a good speed like 3 at least .. 4 is perfect i guess like sandbox 2... it was the perfect cinfiguration except the fact there is no night bonuses for many player it's a big problem...

Do not forget as you say there is no many players in beta worlds , if worlds are too slow players are boring... in france we saw a X6 speed for ressources and troops few month ago , and on this point i agree , it's too fast..... and not appropriate wit 8 hours conquest , here i'm a little bit worry about 9hours conquest... it's really long... and that mean after landing 4/5 cs per alliance ... most of players must wait and do nothing except waiting end of their conquest...

For me i thougt 6 hours is a good time for conquest... enough flexibility...

about the wonders i think... why not making a world without wonders? again i say it because of the number of sandbox players.... not enough... and it become really boring... furthermore we know the greeks come in most of sandbox and winn all of them with the wonders... for exemple in France we had a world without Wonders and it was the first server with new buildings.... a world who will never close and where only fights can choose the winner , and not only the politics to have the most secure area and people to trade ressources for build wonders....

dexter120 I do not think wonders have much to do.....
It is an alliance choice to build it or not.... (like us on zz2 where we decided to get on fights rather than building.
As that french server..... trust me... there will be a day where the day of no return of the count down will start....
We also believed the same for GR1 as many other newer worlds were ended but GR1 was still up and running..... until that day that an inactive went grey and we ended up to population.... 299 !!! and final countdown started....
smiley_emoticons_frown.gif