Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hades is cool

and contary to popular belief they havn't got rid of any of the gods
so we have 5 of them to choose from

DeletedUser

when this world re-open;

10 of your posts have been asking when the world will reopen, and the other 2 of them are defending yourself against people who have said exactly what i have said.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hahahahaha I so agree with what is said above

Dude quit it nobody knows... And if you continue I doubt that you will be able to have a quit life in your village because you are annoying everyone so stop before its too late

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panbo View Post
I`ve still the damn farm bug..
You're not the only one....man i sure hope they'll fix this darn bug...

You can loot and farm but not conquer correct? if you can't loot and farm you need to find THE village that is own by your village and sometimes another person and then you can demand ressources to it ;)

DeletedUser

I would like to say that I am very pleased with the way things are going
the farms are now working fine for me and with the recent change to the cool down period they are now in line with the speed of the world

there are still quite a few bugs and I do have some farms in the middle of the ocean but other than that I find the browser very easy to navigate making gameplay much smoother :smile:

however the test of running multiple cities is yet to come

I am however dissapointed that ther appears to be no world map :unhappy:

but all in all it was well worth the 10 hour wait on tuesday doing nothing but checking to see if the world had come online

:pro:

congrats to the developers

DeletedUser

I have posted many bugs I have found playing World 3, some of them were bad enough to make me consider not playing the game any longer. I decided to give a browser change a try to see if that made any significant difference based on other players telling me they could do or see things I could not. I switched to Opera from using Chrome this morning and I am playing a whole new game. The differences are so significant, that I am now able to play with confidence that the new version will be as enjoyable as the previous one as soon as we learn all the different aspects of the game and the bugs that remain as true bugs are fixed.

DeletedUser

The biggest technical issues we've been having with Grepolis up to now have been refreshing problems and corrupted browsercaches on various browsers, along with some minor javascript glitches.

With version 2.0, the refresh problems have increased dramatically, causing false information being displayed and thus confusing the inexperienced players. You will basically have to refresh the screen after every command you give and after every construction/recruiting order has finished.

As for the other 2 problems (cache, JS) I can't say much as I'm not doing support tickets here (yet) and due to using Opera, I'm immune to those things.

DeletedUser

i like the new design but there are several bugs to solve...

i m gonna report all bugs i m finding on game.

i love the villages floating in the ocean... but this is a big bug XD

:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

UI:
the new UI looks nice but that's all it has, the usage of multiple windows sounds good but where is the point in having them when the space is not there to view the all at the same time? but its good to view an player profile or to manage the alliance while in the forum

screen: you can only completely view two windows of the four open windows at the same time on a 22 Inch screen (click picture for full size)

one more really annoying point about thew new windows (i assume to help sell the administrator) you can only open one building view at the same time (eg. senate, barracks, quarry,..) and since there are no real links tabbed browsing becomes unusable, the new tab only shows the map

also really nice is the "Go to" function since it close all windows and brings you to the town on the map, after that you have to guess which town since there is no target town marked(maybe only a bug), so checking the location of a players towns means before using a "Go to" you need to ensure that you have saved all your work(eg. send the new mail or forum post), than you can use the "Go to" and after checking the first town on the map you have to reopen the player profile, select the next town, use the "Go to" and that until you have them all, sadly opening the goto in a new tab is also here impossible even though i manged most of my attacks this way, well maybe the attack planer will resolve that.

i have not been attack yet but i assume that you only can see the attack on a town when you hover the mouse over the symbol for troop movements like this
grepolis20ui2.png

its questionable why the most important information are only visible with an mouse hover

suggestion:
1. don't close all windows when using "GO to" maybe minimize.
2. change the links to make them usable with tabbed browsing.
3. add an option to chose the old(or similar) sidebar(attacks, trade, build and cast) of the city overview at the right side of the map.

new farming system:
the new farming system is good, while it gives you the most resources when you farm it all 5 min it gives also an good amount for those with less time, the only flaw is that you always need to check looting or demand to see the remaining time until you can farm again, but adding this to the popup info should be easy

DeletedUser

This is awesome at first i sough it was a bit stupid having the map on the whole time but now i see its better when i upgrade a building i see exactly how many points my city has so its awesome still haven't built a temple yet :( but i cant wait it looks awesome and it is awesome

DeletedUser

2. change the links to make them usable with tabbed browsing.

I second that, and maybe even go a step further and enable us to use the most basic links with javascript turned off (building- and barracks queue). This shouldn't be hard to implement and would benefit players with low end PS's and mobile devices.

DeletedUser

I think we should have the option to have the side bar on the right. Makes working out timing much easier and with a glance you an see your current troop numbers. I dont like new alliance forum either I think it will get very crowded and confusing very easily during a war.

DeletedUser

I don't get why people already have 4 cities, while the world has only started yesterday. And i still have beginners protection;)

DeletedUser

200 of us have been playing for just over a week the player limit was increased to 1000 on tuesday so most people are still under beginners protection

DeletedUser

Right now main things I miss are
1. Ocean map - you know in non-2.0 grepolis you have a round pictogram in the top left corner ogf the map. You click on it - you get a bigger map, where you can see more islands and you position. In Grepolis 2.0 I did not found that thing.
2. Trade report, where I see with whom I just traded. I get areport notification on the right side of the screen together with other notifications, but I do not see detailed report in report section.
3. I can not see, who uis farming on my island and who is not. In old Grepolis I could see the strength of the farming villages and any village, that was below 50 % strength and was not farmed by me warned me about active opponent next to it. New farming system lack this possibility.

DeletedUser

About 1. I am sure it will be implemented later, but it is not crucial for the gameplay and that is what we are there to test.
2. I never actually read any of those, don't know what your point is but its less spam, less load on servers if you ask me
3. You can always check who is growing with grepostats or notepad...

DeletedUser

About 1. I am sure it will be implemented later, but it is not crucial for the gameplay and that is what we are there to test.
Grepolis is a team game. Ocean map gives me overview about my team, enemy team, changes in teams etc...
2. I never actually read any of those, don't know what your point is but its less spam, less load on servers if you ask me
I have more offers in the market. I see someone took the one. Which one? Should I make new offer with wood, which I still have or I should not bother cause it was rock, which I do not have? I want to be able to easy click on players name to see whom I was trading with. May be even mail him about possible future transactions. Reports were the simple way how to get all this info on one place.

3. You can always check who is growing with grepostats or notepad...
Grepolis is a team game once again. I try to be in the same team with active ppl ... Even that early in the game. And one more thing : if I see someone grow quicker, than natural, but his farms are still at 50 % strength - I understand, that he is a pointwhore, who do not build troops. Later on game it will be harder to find out cause active players will ruin farm's strength on the whole island.

DeletedUser

Ok again ... On the beta server you are not here to make large alliances, conquer enemies, play with friends and so on. You are here to test out if everything is working the way it should. I assure you there will be a world map when 2.0 is launched for all the reasons you stated, it is useful yeah... but won't actually help you test anything so it is not needed at this stage.
About the trade, well see what you need and where and trade what you have to offer.
And about the farms ... well you are pretty much screwed there ... I guess you can see which villages have been upgraded but just as before you don't know who loots which one. And also 2.0 is going to be more about the world wonders and stuff, you would want your alliance to control whole islands to be able to build those. So yeah I guess you don't get some info in the early game but in mid/late it doesn't really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.