Two ideas that might help. (w/ poll)

Do I Have A Good Idea Here?

• Yes

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

Scoot ER

Cyclop
I have two ideas that might help the game. One involves the Farming Villages, the other involves the Special Buildings.

The first topic to cover is the Special buildings. Two years ago, the city map was expanded to give us a better view of the city. Now this new larger view has not been made use of. We have eight (8) Special Buildings to choose from, and can only choose two; one from each side. Now my suggestion is to make use of all this new landscape and give us the opportunity to build all the Special Buildings. Now I do not suggest changing anything about the cost in resources or in population for these buildings. This will still make it an OPTION to build any building that is desired. This will still keep a competitive difference between the cities at war, depending on what the owners want to build in each of their cities.

Now to the core of the subject, where the Special Buildings will go. First, the Library, Tower, and Light House all stay in their current locations. The Market can go between the small eastern wall and the Market Place. The Oracle can go in the rocky area east (right) of the Timber Camp. The Thermal Baths, since they are related to population, can go out in the big empty area east of the farming fields, and the north-eastern big wall. Now the last two will need a bit or reworking of the landscape to add in foot paths/ walking areas to make them look good. But, I think it would be nice to add those as part of the building scripts when those buildings are selected to be built. The Divine Statue can go outside the main wall south-west of the Temple, on that large plateau with the two trees next to each other. And finally the Theater. It can go in the grassy area north-west of where the Library / Academy are.

OK, now onto topic number two; the Farming Villages. The new Battle Point Village system was a new concept; yes I am happy that a totally new idea was taken so far; it just did not go over very well. The Bandits Camp is a great idea, and needs to stay. The general idea of mine is to have a better return on the investment into the Farming Villages. Your main goal was to get us, the players, to invest time and resources into them. As they are now, you get no real advantage for investing into them. No matter their size / level they have the same trade volume, and the same trade ratio. The only advantage you earn is to be able to demand more total resources per day from them. But unless you run a BOT, you can never really utilize that offer. Their greatest benefit is in trade, and that is where my idea goes. I offer to keep everything the same about their conquest, other than to reduce the wall level on the eighth (8) village from 20 to 15. My main option is to change the trade volume, and trade ratios as the village level goes up. The more you invest into a village, the more is helps you both. I would make it so that a level 1 does not help you at all really, and encourages you to invest the small amount resources needed to upgrade it the first time to level 2.

Level 1: Trade Amount: 500 Trade Ratio: 1:0.50
Level 2: Trade Amount: 1000 Trade Ratio: 1:1.00
Level 3: Trade Amount: 2000 Trade Ratio: 1:1.25
Level 4: Trade Amount: 2000 Trade Ratio: 1:1.50
Level 5: Trade Amount: 3000 Trade Ratio: 1:2.00
Level 6: Trade Amount: 5000 Trade Ratio: 1:3.00

I hope these two ideas can be put to good use, and I would like to see them help the game in a positive way.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2458

I don't like both ideas, respectively topics and ways on which are focused. In fact, the game is based on strategy which isn't perceived by many players enough. It's quite needed to 'force' them into strategic decisions in my humble opinion. If you allow to have all, player will automatically try to have all and he won't think about that he needs population for units too. All these special buildings are very effective (maybe exclude Library). However, they must be used effectively as well! After implementation of such idea, they won't be special anymore. Player shouldn't be able to (fully) use all offered options (of this kind) without any choosing of his preferences or strategy. You've thought about new location of a special building but did you consider its bonuses? There would be two groups of players - the first one won't change anything and the second one will build more than 1 building from each spec. build. group just because it's possible as I can't imagine any situation where I would effectively use more buildings from same group than I actually can. Notice: I don't consider myself as a fine tactician but... uh.

Go now on the second idea. I love that BPV costs battle points not directly units as I don't only gain new village thanks to them but I also cause damage to enemy. It has more sense. For teaching of newbies is purposed the Bandit Camp. Everything goes right here, hm?

The only advantage you earn is to be able to demand more total resources per day from them. But unless you run a BOT, you can never really utilize that offer.
Ehh... what? I am really sorry but I think that exactly this is the primary advantage (secondary one is mentioned trade). You need to be active as much as you can be because of greatly competitive (and agressive) spirit of the game. Farming villages indicate & teach this. Hey, you're breaking a basic rule 'the more active you are, the more you have.' Active player will probably return back into the game but less active player won't. Why? Because he has no passion for playing. Passion doesn't come from anywhere but it is dependent on active playing and discovering. The very early game stage is the most important and if there are no useful actions to perform... why should player log in actively? Because of fighting againts other players? They are protected.

So, according to your idea... On first levels, it is not different from usual ratios offered by players. However 1:2, 1:3 are hardcore a little bit. It degrades value of trading with players. Yep, you can meet 1:2 ratio offered by the game itself but fortunately, it isn't in a significant amount (phoenician, maybe BPVs with built merchant shop?). Does the change solve something by itself? Less active players will have more than they currently can have but active ones will have even more... unnecessary adjustment.

That's my view... no hate which should discourage you from posting ideas. ;)