This world's problems and a cry for help

• Thread starter DeletedUser4414
  • Start date

DeletedUser4414

Hello,

Yesterday I joined this world with many other of my friends as we were really looking forward to playing on here. When we joined we were plagued by massive ammounts of lag, Bad gateway errors. It was bad but we fought through it. Today everything just went from bad to worst as we could not log in anymore, the bad gateways errors gotten worse over the course of the entire day. If you are lucky then you are able to log in once an hour and be able to queue up buildings or send some units to farming raids. Earlier this day units would NOT return home after and were stuck at 00:00:00 for hours. Now it is at the point where you just cannot play any more, no one can as the gateway errors are what you see 95% of the time.

this world was meant as a nod to players to enjoy and think back to how grepolis used to be and for new players to catch this spirit of old times and both sides to enjoy it together. Thus many players feel the need to voice their disappointment here, as this is a forum and we have the freedom of speech and expressing ourselves as long as it does not go against the rules.

Below is the post of the moderator * Arci * who tries to censor this and downplay the current situation In this world. He tries to censor this while abusing his mod power and marking everyone who has something negative to say as "whiners" and "spam". The thread, I saved it, showed neither. I ask that you please do something about this current state and that you notify Inno about those issues as there is not really an support for this world! Furthermore I ask that you please let people talk freely and stop censoring this like it is north korea.

Thank you very much.

Joe

MIw_KM2kSCiA1tdj9hwD6g.png

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
As announced HERE (click) the devs are aware of the problem.

Unfortunately it is affecting everyone, this means that no one is taking advantage of this issue. We're very very sorry about what is happening, but now the only thing we can do is wait a resolution from the devs.

Repeating again and again that the server is not working will not make it work again, that's all.

DeletedUser2458

I think it's not necessary to lock this counting game as well even it's silly little bit.
Repeating again and again that the server is not working will not make it work again, that's all.
It's clear in my opinion. However, players just need to speak about that... discuss their frustration let's say. No wonder. It was a game which could make fun from this situation.

DeletedUser4414

Please let people freely discuss this without locking their threads, if there are dozens of them around then yes but there was clearly only one around where people could talk about it. I ask that there is no censoring and that at the very least one thread about the current situation needs to be kept open.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
I closed only a spam thread, everything else is open to your discussions. Respectful discussions, if possible.

DeletedUser4388

I'm at a crossroad with this server. I love the fact we get this server, but I hate the bad gateways and the fact that we only get to play it for a month. Hopefully we don't lose too many more days of playing this server.

DeletedUser4390

I came here now because I was trying every place where I could click, and the click the link to the forum..

When the error bad gateway ocures I click on the back arrow of the browser and click in another part of the game and nomally works, but after 2 or 3 seconds at least.

Is there anyone who have a better way? There is a better browser? I hope that this will be fix soon... I don´t want to wait for a second to make my move and wait ten minutes to come back to the game...

The fact of everbody are sad is because the game is fun! I start playing in 2013...

Go, go, go! Fix it:)

DeletedUser

I had a bad gateway for most of today and have just managed to get on the game to find my page is frozen and i can not build anything or send out any troops nothing seems to be working.

DeletedUser

502 Bad Gateway
nginx/1.10.3

since yesterday it keep coming back.

1. you can delete game from server and start all over :)
2. if you aware of all the probs there are, do someting about it, because it looks very much as an amateuristic copy.
3. if you can't stand the critisismall people are giving, step down and let the pro's handle it.

DeletedUser4390

For the first time I don´t notice any problem, for 2 or 3 hours... Do you? I´m playng in a phone´s browser today.

Talked too soon.. bad gateway... but can be a change coming...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4401

mine has been somewhat playable, just, and with lots of persistence.. But to be fair it has been better than yesterday :)

DeletedUser3858

The third day I can't delete forum theme from alliance forum. "An internal error has occured".

Having read too many complaints regarding this server, I would like to remind to everyone that back then... when ver 1 was around there were too many problems.
As far as I recall there were far too many moments where server was not responding and was giving 500, 502 or any other network error.....
Also would like to remind to everyone that game used to have far too many bugs which were mostly resolved under ver2.... when game was redesigned.....

It is just like going to the garage and discover that old dusty and rusty CV2 or Fiat 500 or Fiat 128 you used to drive ages ago which did not have airbags, ABS, SRS, GPS, LED lights, air-conditioning or clima, hydraulic steering wheel, heated seats, and all those comforts that your curre car has....

And been too nostalgic you decide to give it a ride around the block......

Exactly the same is this server...... taking a "ride" on the old style of the game.... so as the older of us recall our first steps.... and newbies see how we used to play.....

Same way you can not moan regarding the ride with the old car...... you are not supposed to moan about this server......

SO please enjoy this small "ride" back in time and stop complaining.....
as this is how things used to be back then!!!!

smiley_emoticons_grepolove.gif

DeletedUser

Short question Arci..

Fly on determine action always from the server..
smiley_emoticons_panik4.gif

Click on Senate..i have to login again..When can I expect improvements at the earliest..is only a question..

regards
Geisti

Click on Senate..i have to login again..When can I expect improvements at the earliest..is only a question..

Geisti please see my response above.....
This is a version full of bugs!!!! all those issues are expected to happen.....
Back then this was considered normal after some upgrades.
It was more than clear that an old version will come online.
None said that it will be current version with old graphics!!!!
Even the farming villages have the initial system where you needed to increase strength to get more resources.....
smiley_emoticons_grepo_pacman.gif

DeletedUser4420

Hi can someone give me a link to a decent guide to the game been playing the classic version ahem which is ok i guess but tried taking cities and im missing something everything down to zero but wont conquer for me etc thx

Hi can someone give me a link to a decent guide to the game been playing the classic version ahem which is ok i guess but tried taking cities and im missing something everything down to zero but wont conquer for me etc thx

Academy need to research colony ship and conquest i.e need academy level 28
Need to build colony ship i.e. harbor level 20 (as far as i recall as I still do not have harbor to check)
At least one cultural level slot free

Once all done, attack target town with colony ship and ensure it has no defenses in it so as colony ship arrives safe
smiley_emoticons_biggrin.gif