The Divine Trials of Hermes

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Hello players!

We've received a message from Hermes himself. He offers you a chance to participate in his trials in exchange for some awesome prizes. Read on below to see his message...

footer.png

gpcl-line.png

HermesTrials4Glow.png

Greetings mortals!

I, Hermes, bring a message from the gods! They are pleased with your dedication to Olympus, and that you have shown you are almost worthy to convene with their council. They have tasked me with setting a final trial, a test of sorts, to prove your devotion. Bountiful delights await those who can pass this test, so read on for more...

The six deities of the world of Grepolis have come together to challenge their subjects in a battle of wits, not might. This test is simple, really, a trifling affair for sure! Over the course of the next month of October, I will deliver unto you an encrypted message. The message describes the traits of one of the gods of Grepolis... show them how well you know and adore them by correctly guessing which god the message is dedicated to.

Once you and your fellow players have had a chance to deliberate, the answer will be revealed, as well as the next puzzle! To be in with a chance to get into the gods graces, you simply need to participate, not guess correctly. The gods are pleased with you all the same!

But, I hear you utter with your mortal breaths "what is in it for me?!". Well of course, the gods may bestow upon you divine gifts! Each god will select a handful participants to receive these gifts, so be sure to let them know your name, as well as the world you hail from in your response. I will delegate this task to the leaders of your realm, the ones you call 'Community Managers', to ensure your gifts are received!

Each selected participant will receive:

• 1000 Gold.
  • A bundle of spells from the gods themselves!
So, what are you waiting for?! The first god's message has just arrived, so check out below for your first chance to show the gods your devotion!

Hermes - Herald of the Gods

gpcl-lineflipped.png

footerflipped.png

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Another message has been received from Hermes! Read on for the first clues...

gpcl-lineflipped.png

This deity is a dog lover, that's for sure! Even if you're looking for this deity, you may not find them!
Although... if you want to convene with them... travel to the banks of the river Acheron...

gpcl-line.png

Click here to submit your answers to Hermes trial! And, don't forget to include your player name in your answer!

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Hermes has again contacted us to pass on his message! Read on for the answer to contest 1, and the next set of clues...

gpcl-lineflipped.png

Did you guess it? Of course the answer was Hades!!

Z8j1fc.png

I've selected these loyal subjects to receive 1000 Gold, as well as a special bundle of spells from Hades himself.

@tetik
@alkpa
@DisturbedFan96

Fine, fine. That last one was too easy for you? Try this one, then!
This deity makes my head hurt so badly! But don't let them know I said that, I don't want to be turned into a spider...

gpcl-line.png

Click here to submit your answers to Hermes trial! And, don't forget to include your player name and world in your answer!

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Hermes is back with more puzzles! Read on for the answer to contest 2, and the next set of clues...

gpcl-lineflipped.png

Well, I'm sure you're here to give up and want to know the answer? It was of course the patron of Athens, Athena herself!
What?! You got that one right too? You mortals are smarter than you look...

B6tF3.png

I've selected these loyal subjects to receive 1000 Gold, as well as a special bundle of spells from Athena!

@UltimateGR
@Draba Aspera
@NightM4ire

Well the easy clues are over... It is too bad none of you will win the favor of the gods this time!

This deity is one of six siblings, four of them you'll know quite well... I'm sure that makes it easy for you (not).
(wink)

It's difficult to say if they're the youngest or the oldest, though.

Better stay on this deity's good side... I heard they have quite the temper.

gpcl-line.png
Click here to submit your answers to Hermes trial! And, don't forget to include your player name and world in your answer!

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Hermes has returned, and with him he brings treats for those loyal followers, as well as the next set of clues.

gpcl-lineflipped.png

How did you do?
WHAT?! You guessed that one too? Well of course you did, it's the main man himself, Zeus! He'll be pleased to hear you knew who he was, that's for sure. Luckily for you, too, cos I heard he hates being forgotten.

Mf8Gf.png

I've selected these loyal subjects to receive 1000 Gold, as well as a special bundle of spells from the father of the gods!

@UltimateGR
@Draba Aspera
@DisturbedFan96

Sure, okay, you're doing pretty well, I'll admit that... let's see how you fair in this next one!

This deity really loves apples... especially golden apples! Considered to be the most attractive deity... at least by some. To gain this deity's favor... perhaps you could sacrifice a boar? On second thoughts... maybe not.

gpcl-line.png

Click here to submit your answers to Hermes trial! And, don't forget to include your player name in your answer!

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Hermes just dropped by to give us another message, check out the correct answer for the last trial!

gpcl-lineflipped.png

Tough one, ay? I heard from the gods that a lot of your guesses fell on deaf ears! Well, I'll cut the suspense... of course it was Aphrodite!

Wh-what? What do you mean Aphrodite who? Surely you mortals have felt the radiant glow of Aphrodite in the world of Grepolis?! No? Are you sure? This is how she looks, you recognize her I'm sure.

PuzzleAnswer2.png

Still no? Yikes... this is awkward. Zeus is gonna be so mad at me! I'll have to speak with Aphrodite, maybe I can convince her to accept a place on the council of Grepolis gods in exchange for some temples and statues dedicated in her honor. Deal? Deal.

Quickly! We will hand out the favors of the gods if you promise to keep things quiet, and I'll be back shortly with your next puzzle!

I've selected these loyal subjects to receive 1500 Gold, as well as a special bundle of spells from the other six gods, just to keep them happy!

@Vvhb
@peterzazou
@alkpa

gpcl-line.png
Click here to submit your answers to Hermes trial!

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Hermes just hurriedly shoved a message in our hands and left as quick as he could! Lets see what he has to say...

gpcl-lineflipped.png

Phew! That was a close call. Zeus didn't catch wind of my mistake, and even better...
Aphrodite has agreed to grace you mortals with her presence in the coming weeks! She'll bring with her a whole host of divinity, so be sure to check back with your Community Manager for further details!

Anyway, back to the fun!

This deity is loyal to a fault. They'll stay true to you no matter what. But you'd better watch out in case you cross them, they're quite the jealous type... they'd even start a war if they don't get their way.

gpcl-line.png

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Hermes looks to be in much better spirits today, and dropped by to deliver his wishes from the gods, as well as the next set of clues!

gpcl-lineflipped.png

That one wasn't too bad, huh? We're running low on gods to reveal! It was of course, the Queen of the Olympians, Hera!

O98Hg.png

I've selected these loyal subjects to receive 1000 Gold, as well as a special bundle of spells from Hera!

@david1327
@DisturbedFan96
@alkpa

Lets wrap this up, then! One more puzzle to solve. The gods are pleased, you've done well, mortals.

This final deity is another with a temper, brewing up a storm is one of their favorite pastimes. This deity competed with another of our favorite gods for the ownership of one of Greek's fairest cities! Too bad they lost...

gpcl-line.png

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Hermes just stopped by one last time. He was full of praises for you all, and the gods are pleased. Let's see what he has to say in this final note.

gpcl-lineflipped.png

Finally, your journey comes to its end, and the gods are pleased! The final puzzle of course leads you to the god of the seas, Poseidon! And with him, our final deity also joins the council, Artemis.

A76nn.png
1Hef5.png

I've selected these loyal subjects to receive 1000 Gold, as well as a special bundle of spells from Poseidon and Artemis!

@Vvhb
@athenakazuo
@UltimateGR

And with that, I bid you farewell! I'll return to Mount Olympus and tell tales of your piety to the gods! You've shown yourselves worthy of the gods favor, as well as secured a promise from Aphrodite herself to join the council soon. She has much to prepare, so she will join soon, but she asked me to leave you with a sneak peak of her divine might, by telling you what she has to offer in exchange for your loyalty.

One of the spells she will bestow upon you will be Narcissism... a spell you can cast on enemy cities:
Aphrodite's charm clouds the defending units vision, changing all that they desire.
All Defending units in the city are 10% less efficient for 12 hours.