switching cities is not working

DeletedUser

Hi. I have a problem , that ocure from 3 days ago or so ... I cannot switch from 1 city to another ... like the game does not take the command ...it doesn't move or something , it stay bloked on one city and I have to open the list and try again and again to see that city ... sometimes doesen't work even so , I must restart the game to solve the problem , but only temporary sollution because it is bloked again in short time! today i just enlist militia to another city because of that!

I asked one of my friends if he is having problems with the game and he confirmed that he has the same problem as I have !

Thank you!

DeletedUser

Hi,
Thanks for reporting.
We will check this issue and can hopefully fix it very soon. Sorry for the inconveniences.

That´s exactly the issue I had described in the German forum earlier - but I have not come across it since yesterday´s update, so let´s hope the best...^^

Update: The issue still occurs... :(

Last edited:

DeletedUser

So, today I talked to the dev who tried to find the reason for this problem but this error is hard to reproduce. Therefore I have to come back to you once again. Whoever and however we manage that but we need to describe as precise as possible when this problem occurs and after which action.
We would like to know:
  • What were you doing when this happens and which windows are open when you get this problem? (maybe it´s related to one window causing the issue)
  • What spells/powers are casted on the towns? (remember the "calloftheocean" issue).
  • Does someone have Firebug installed? Can you see log messages on the console?

The issue occurs frequently - and I mean really frequently, i.e. every few minutes - when switching through cities with the senate window open, but it can also occur in other situations - and it occurs with and without user scripts active, and it occurs in IE, FF and Chrome, and it does not depend on the duration of the session. (As we all know long sessions can cause quite a number of updating or synchronization issues but this one can happen also only minutes after a new log-in.)

Of course I remember the "call of the ocean" issue - and that´s why I have been trying to find any such regularities during the last ten days, but it´s not that easy this time. The only regularity I could detect was this one: The issue occurs more often while construction or recruiting orders are going on in the respective city. That´s why I encounter it much more frequently in zz5 than in zz1 or 2.

Firebug shows an "uncaught exception" supporting this observation:

dsnmtjovu47.jpg

When switching through cities with the senate window open and construction orders going on, I have the impression that the updating of the city name in the UI seems to lag a bit behind - until I come to a point where only the city name in the senate window is changing to the one of the next city while the city name in the UI gets stuck - and from that point onward you cannot click anything before pressing F5 to escape the freezing of the game situation.

When staying logged in during the night, you sometimes also will see this situation in the construction queue in the morning:

zchwlpttn75.jpg

In fact this construction queue is full (real construction orders, not "ghost" orders) and they should be displayed as 7/7, not as 1/7.

However, as I already told you - there are no real regularities I could find, only situations where the issue tends to occur more often, and a correlation with running construction orders seems most likely.

DeletedUser

Thanks Draba. I hope this will help our developers and we can fix this soon.

DeletedUser

Resolved? Really? Then probably by accident, because we are still working on that. Anyway we will let the devs finish their work on it. Maybe they will find something else, because this is not always reproducible.
About the recruitment queue. We will tackle this.