Sunday Bug Report

No bug report posted this Sunday as I did not feel like doing so.....

I did not want rest of players to look bad by not posting any reports....

Another bug from my bug list will most probably be published next Sunday.....

Stay tuned......
(Players to avoid issues and Inno to pay for the list....)

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Feel free to post any bug report on the day you like, but I don't really see the point in delaying the report :O

Feel free to post any bug report on the day you like,
Well that is what I do and there is a small chance that today I might share some hints from my list......

but I don't really see the point in delaying the report :O

Well as long as Inno is incapable of fixing simple bug issues.... I see no point to report them....
Oh sorry.... I see one reason... easy gold!!!
smiley_emoticons_silvester_cuinlove.gif

but I don't really see the point in delaying the report :O

I can see at least "two points".......

1st point:
https://beta.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/building-levels-in-app.3143/
Building levels in app
Reported on 8th May 2017
!!!

q_5FwWMXSqmMchirt2lp2w.png

which was moved to archives WITHOUT been resolved!!!!!! and without saying at least that your programmers are NOT able to solve it!!!!

And if this was too hard for Inno to solve.....
then lets go to "2nd point"......

2nd point:
https://beta.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/reports-frames.3392/
Reports frames
from 1st September 2017 !!!!

NU_OjMQbQRevju9Jo6FKTw.png

again unresolved and archived......

And why I say unresolved????

cDHlvuV3RcmdYHNNaltSzQ.png

So as long the programmers are (incapable or useless.... which is the best word to describe it) to fix a single issue of a mismatching frame (currently presented as point 2)...... how will they be able to fix more complex issues and bugs in code??? (i.e. issues not so "visible"!!!!)

All those
bug reports" were archived during the last 7 days!!!!

So from my side of view (for the time being) I can only see 2 reasons
  1. Either none bothered to even check the labels so as to archive only the "Fixed" and the "Not a Bug/Cannot reproduce"
  2. They were considered as completed
So in first case someone again has not done correctly his job!!!
Or in 2nd case means that we can report them again and this time get paid !!!!! (as Inno most probably resolved them and they reappeared!!!)

And I do not know about the rest persons who had reported a bug which was archived, but the one I had are still not resolved (as proved above) or none said they were resolved so as to check again...

So after all above Arci.... do you still insist on
Feel free to post any bug report on the day you like,

Because when something is reported, need to be resolved and not hidden below the carpet!!!!!

PS1. Fact that post is in the "off-topic" section assume does allow it to "include" above opinions...

PS2. Also need an answer as to if those unresolved issues need to be reported again so as we also get paid "for the effort", if there is going to be an additional bonus for the unexplained delay in resolution...
PS3. It might not be Sunday but I decided to get in forum as was the 1st anniversary of my oldest unresolved bug!!!!
smiley_emoticons_party.gif

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
They key word here is Prioritizing.

We don't have unlimited dev power, and hiring more devs is not the answer.

The purpose of reporting bugs is informing the devs that an error is affecting the game, then it's part of their job to decide and prioritize what should be done at first, including many many other duties such as new laws/regulations (see GDPR), new standards, code reviews, performance and so on.

In conclusion, it's not because a bug has been reported that the devs are forced to fix it in 24 hours, but as soon as possible, including the other duties stated above.

A report window with a bigger height than another, that is still in the main frame, not breaking the layout nor causing other issues, has a priority much close to zero, when compared to a server going down or a new law that requires different handling of the data.

I hope I answered to your concerns :)

PS: As you can see, the reservation issue has been fixed. Just be patient ^^

Apart from Prioritizing in such big projects we also have SEVERITY !!! and a 3rd column called "Estimated Time to Fix" meaning the time and resources needed to fix an issue....

So you might have a low severity and low prioritized case that needs couple of minutes to get resolved....
i.e. in this case COPY-PASTE Frame values from one part of the code to the other!!!!!
If you do not do this.... and instead of fixing a bug you just bury the bug report so as it is not immediate visible.... then there is definitely a problem somewhere in the chain.....

As I have told you in the past having more than 20 years of working experience in the IT sector
(since we were using punched card
tarjetas_perforadas.jpg
and magnetic tapes
J4abVl7QQQOIvyI9ePoeew.png
)

I do know things and procedures that you the youth do not have a clue about...

None ever said that a bug will be fixed in 24 hours, 24 days or 24 years!!!!
But when you hide the existing reports of unresolved bugs under 20 or 30 pages of old threads just to make it too difficult or impossible for us to track them then this has nothing to do with the questions I asked in my previous post and the answers you gave (most probably because you are oblidged to answer me due to your position!!)

From programming point of view and project management side, it is (in the most polite way it) ridiculous be able to resolve the issue of a the ghost town in reservation in less than a week and be proud of it while on the other side not be able to spend 4 minutes for a copy paste of code for a minor minor problem like frames ..... during the day you spend more time to grab your cup to drink coffee or to haze with your colleagues or read this post I am just writing than getting rid of an easy bug!!! So if you insist on Prioritizing then again it is a fail as it seems that someone spends more time to joke around in the office rather than minimizing backlogs!!!

Having said all above I assume it was clear enough that none of my previous question (on previous post) were answered
i.e. why unresolved bug reports were "hidden under the carpet" (prioritization is definitely NOT the answer)
or if they are considered as closed and if not why are they in the archive folder!!!!

Because you might have tried to use the frame bug as a zero importance bug..... but I heard no excuses about the level 43 Silver mine, Quarry or Timber Camp I still in the app on my mobile!!! (and I assume you do know that we are not talking about the academy where it can level up to 36 on some servers, but for a building with a max of 40 levels ON ALL WORLDS!!!) it looks like the easy way to avoid an answer was not that easy in the end......

So as I have previously said in other posts (and have been accused for certain "things") In case you are not able to provide sufficient and honest explanations to your clients, please consult your manager or have him/her provide answers instead.....

p.s. hope this time to get answers on questions asked in previous post
p.s.2 Hope post will not get censored like other posts I had in the past
p.s.3 Now count the time required to read this and my previous post and admit that the time required to read them is significantly more than teh time required to actually resolve a zero priority issue forgotten at the end of the backlog!!! This is a good example of what is called "waste of resources"!!

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
The developers are not using this forum as a list for the open bugs, so moving them to a section rather than another doesn't really matter, it's just to keep the forum clean :)

To keep track of the bugs (and of any other change that has to be done in general) there are plenty of other tools, and that's where the priority is applied.

Once I confirm that the issue has been forwarded, it's already in the loop and it will never be removed from the real internal tracking.

Well as long as they are not resolved....they should not be moved to archive in case new findings need to be added.....

Archive (as the name also indicates) for such cases are for closed cases!! and not pending.....

And as lecturing is not going to pay any gold.... and nothing is for free on this world, check in bug section for a bonus (as it is not Sunday yet) bug......

Too bored to provide an app bug for this week.. so a browser one was presented,,,,

If not so bored next week, will upload on PC the screenshots so as next weeks will try the app bugs for a change..... (as I do not see any serious app bugs the lst months...)

(someone just texted me that I was too bored to even press the "post Reply " button last night....
smiley_emoticons_sleep.gif
)

Looks like no more bug reporting from me....
My "One bug every Sunday" policy is postponed until further notice.....

Time to see the funny side of the bugs....
lowi.gif

Due to "unforeseeable circumstance" and "technical issues" created by "upper forces" I was "trapped in the void"......
Thanks to Master Yoda mighty powers...
6kwPQ4nyS1Ot5cNmuL_yTw.png

I was unleashed with only condition to share the fun......

So join the funny side of the bugs....

_l6JCaEMRxilSRVA3Ey58g.png

CZpCGxEPSHGxGxEMcg1nLg.png

JOfHE_UmRFCEQ-WT0IZ-Pw.png

5D-s1Ou3RYqmurIq4MZBWA.png

2vPO0-psSayyLieexnS20A.png

ss_uu2e2SCyGAqbggbCeQQ.png

dBHO-EgNR5OGWoMHZ122HA.png

Master Yoda also advised that you fight the dark side and may the force be with you....