Not a Bug/Cannot reproduce Spell recruitment speed up, not working

DeletedUser4434

Ingame nick: SMTG
Affected world: SANDBOX 7
Bug found on desktop version, on Google Chrome.

If you cast the "Population growth" or "Call of the ocean" spells, the recruitment time does not change ( it should reduce to half but it stays the same both in the barracks and at the harbor ). It happened more than once today, and it does not fix it's self with a page refresh or deleting the cookies and cache and stuff like that as one might think.

Here is a print for the barracks, before the spell:
Before1.png

And after:
After.png

"Population growth" and "Call of the ocean" do not work for recruitment orders already running. You must cast those spells on your city before you start your recruitment orders.

I have already noticed that some players are mixing up the effects of the spells and the effects of the new rare and epic IQ recruitment boosters. The new IQ recruitment boosters work for all (running and new) recruitment orders, the spells work only for the recruitment orders you will place after you have cast them.

"Population growth" and "Call of the ocean" do not work for recruitment orders already running. You must cast those spells on your city before you start your recruitment orders.

I have already noticed that some players are mixing up the effects of the spells and the effects of the new rare and epic IQ recruitment boosters. The new IQ recruitment boosters work for all (running and new) recruitment orders, the spells work only for the recruitment orders you will place after you have cast them.

Most probably if the word NEW was added on the spell description would help people not to get confused (especially new players)

i.e.
Zd7SaDmnQ7_tds9QWq2XCA.png

smiley_emoticons_biggrin.gif

You are right, the English description is misleading and even incorrect.

Just had a glimpse on the descriptions in the Italian and the German versions - they are much clearer, saying the spell will work for all recruitment orders assigned (or started or placed) within the next x hours, while the English version says the spell will work for all assigned recruitments within the next x hours. Wrong grammatical reference of the word "assigned".

It should read: In the barracks, all recruitment orders assigned/placed/started within the next x hours are accelerated by 100%

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Yep, it may be a bit misleading... I admit I did the same mistake when I used that power for the first time a few years ago :p

Anyways, no bug here ^^

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
If you're going 50km/h with your car and you want to go 100% faster you will reach 100km/h, not ∞ :p

DeletedUser2458

However, these 50 km/h are after activating bonus. Then you can say it's 100%. Are 50% discounts in a shop or 100%? I understand why it's 100% in the description but I still say it's confusing nonsense which should be replaced by 50%.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
One thing is say 100%, another thing is 100% more than (or 100% faster in our case).
The dicount is 50% less than the full price, that means an half.

I admit I did the same mistake when I used that power for the first time a few years ago

At least you did not do what I used to do back then in the beginning for the first couple of weeks.....

For both Call of the ocean and population growth it said that will increase productivity for 12 hours and I was placing in queue enough troops that need exactly 12 hours to be created!!!!
smiley_emoticons_wallbash.gif
so from 7 slots with administrator I was using for example 2 or 3 and once 12 hours had passed I was placing more after recasting spell!!!!
smiley_emoticons_bravo2.gif
smiley_emoticons_irre.gif
smiley_emoticons_biggrin.gif

And all of that was due to the bad description it had ..... lol

DeletedUser2940

It is correctly 100%. 100% increase in speed means 50% decrease in time. 50% increase in speed would mean 1/3 (~33%) decrease in time.

Let's take recruiting a swordsman at world speed 1 in freshly built barracks (level 1). It takes 18 minutes (or 1080 s, if you prefer). Thus the recruitment speed of swordsmen is (1 swordsman)/(1080 s)=(1/1080)(1/s), or 1/1080 s^(-1). A 100% increase means that the speed gets increased to 1/1080+(100/100)(1/1080)=1/540 s^(-1). This is completely correct, you will recruit 1 swordsman every 9 minutes (540 s).

Without the weird figures, we can say it in simpler words. Without the spell, we recruit 1 swordsman every 18 minutes. If the spell doubles the speed (increases it by 100% of itself), we should get swordsmen twice as fast - 2 swordsmen in the same amount of time, 18 minutes. And that is, indeed, what we get.

This is not wrong. (Obviously, the information about the fact this only applies to newly assigned commands is still missing, but the tooltip just isn't perfect, it doesn't lie.)

Exactly. The recruitment is accelerated by 100%, i.e. the recruitment speed is doubled - thus the recruitment takes half the time.

However, the pure fact that - even after all those years - we must think about it for a moment signals quite clearly that the description is misleading and easily misunderstood by each and every new player. In fact, this is one of the explanations I had to repeat so often in alliance forums over the years that I have been asking several times for a change of those unnecessarily complicated description(s). And the English description is not only complicated - but simply wrong.

DeletedUser2458

Let make descriptions consistent. Why rare/epic effects tell that orders are reduced? And why spells tell that orders are accelerated? It's really confusing. Do you understand me? It doesn't matter if it's right. I think the question about why these spells don't reduce 100% is the most frequently.

DeletedUser2940

I agree with you, Thasoss, that a "50% decrease in time" is more intuitive than a "100% increase in speed" (even if they mean the same thing) because recruitment times are a simpler concept than recruitment speeds. What I was trying to say is that the wording referring to a "100% increase in speed" is not wrong, it's just less practical. On the other hand, the absence of any mention of the fact the spell only affects new orders is a much more serious issue and, in my opinion, an issue definitely deserving a fix.